Fall Fashion Clearance
52 Members and 16135 Guests Online

boby's Activity

Re: What is one simple thing that happened in the last 24 hours that made you smile?

In Viewpoints 1408233715.397

My Brittany-pointer mix is very protective of family and doggie friends. Today he saw one of his buddies walking down the middle of the street alone dragging his leash. I told him Cody might get hurt, and he walked over, picked up the leash and walked the little guy home. Continue Reading

Re: Has anyone tried the new Lemon Oreos?

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1408042636.513

I'm still mourning the passing of Watermelon Oreos. The people who blasted them because they said they were perpetuating a racial stereotype really need to get lives. Continue Reading

Re: Your Keurig....On or Off ?

In Coffee Talk 1408042488.51

I turn mine off because I only use it for coffee for the three of us in the morning. On the other hand I just bought a Bunn to replace a dead Mr. Coffee and that machine is DESIGNED to be on 24/7. They recommend turning it off only if you're going to be gone 72 hours or more. Continue Reading

Re: If we could put man on the moon...

In Viewpoints 1408042023.293

A lot of these nuisance calls come from boiler room operations in foreign countries and are thus beyond the reach of the FCC, your state's attorney general, etc. One of the dead giveaways is when the "area code" in caller ID is a country code. Just ignore. Don't even pick up the phone. If its family or friends they'll certainly leave a message. Continue Reading

Re: Does pepperoni ever go "bad?"

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1407702607.66

Sliced pepperoni does have some oil in it, and oil can go rancid. If it sticks to your hand if you press it, and especially if its kind of brown instead of nice bright red, I'd toss it. Continue Reading

Re: I Love Laura Weathers, but . . . . .

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1407682464.647

Stilltamn8r: Cuisinart has been owned lock, stock and barrel for some time by Conair (they do make pretty good hairdryers). I have had a couple of newer Cuisinart appliances die suddenly (coffeemaker, toaster). I'd shop around before jumping in. Continue Reading

Re: Hearts of Palm- How'd I do that?

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1407591119.36

When I want something a little different I roll them up in egg roll wrappers, deep fry them, and dip in whatever sauce (hoisin, sweet and sour) or salad dressing comes to mind. Continue Reading

Re: If I'm Going To Order An Expensive Dessert At Your 5-Star Restaurant . . .

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1407424190.91

Lots of restaurants, including some good ones, use lots of "shortcuts" and phony ingredients to cut costs: pork cutlets in place of veal, big chunks of whitefish instead of sea scallops, and God knows what else. When my niece came out of culinary school her first job was in a restaurant in a small town. When she told the owner she needed vanilla bean for the desserts he told her "Around here we use poppy seeds. Nobody is going to know the difference anyway, and it saves money and labor." Continue Reading

Re: I Love Laura Weathers, but . . . . .

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1407423771.873

I never noticed that about Laura, but then again, I don't watch that much anymore. The "smoker guy" is John McLemore. Listening to him on David's show reminds me of Rain Man. Continue Reading

Re: David Venable cookbook

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1407114357.957

How low can you go? - I got it as a $2 add-on to a book club order. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 177
1 2 3 4 ...177Next