Meant for Mom
84 Members and 15794 Guests Online

boby's Activity

Re: The NY World's Fair - 50 Years Ago Today!

In Viewpoints 1398269960.927

Way too many memories to list here, but one was the Muppets show with a relatively unknown Jim Henson. How about the IBM Pavilion where the grandstand got pulled up into the dome for showtime? Continue Reading

Re: April 22 Today is Earth Day If you planted a garden, what did you plant??

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1398169666.103

Still a little too early to plant in this neck of the woods (still getting 30 degree nights), but in May we'll probably put in tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers. Continue Reading

Re: Hosts placing their orders on the air

In Viewpoints 1398013440.36

I thought I read somewhere that hosts aren't supposed to order while on air, but in any case I'm going along with "just a sales tactic." I don't know about clothes and jewelry and the like, but with gadgets and food they frequently get samples anyway. Continue Reading

Re: Four Seasons/FrankieValli

In Viewpoints 1397912007.177

As Goldie76 points out, Nick Massi left the group in 1965. He passed away in 2000. Joe Long left the group in 1975 after the hits dried up. They have added and subtracted several members since then. Continue Reading

Re: Coolio's household uses Temptations

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1397493018.093

Not so sure these folks shop on the Q. More likely Temptations pays for product placement. Continue Reading

Re: Anybody remember Mamma Leone's Restaurant in NYC??

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1397492770.697

I remember Mamma Leone's very well. Sadly, I have to agree with the posters who say the food was not very good, unless quantity meant more than quality. I was rather surprised that they did not have a hot antipasto on the menu. Got the impression that they wanted you to eat fast and get out. Continue Reading

Re: ~*You may not want to still this Honda.*~

In Viewpoints 1397401744.963

Croemer: You don't know how right you are (well, maybe you do). The Honda Accord and the Honda Civic perennially lead the list of most stolen cars in America. If you want to throw in the Acura (an upscale Honda) that's also in the top 10. So apparently a whole lot of people like to steal Hondas. (FYI, the Toyota Camry is #3). Continue Reading

Re: What is the strangest thing you have ever cooked and eaten??

In Recipe Swap 1397155510.73

Deadeye: Had to smile when I read your post. I had rattlesnake from a can some years ago, purchased from a gourmet store. Bones, bones and more bones indeed! Then again, I guess that makes it possible for snakes of all kinds to slither so well - all those tiny "hairbones." It's a pleasure I won't have again soon. Same thing with shad if you've ever had that fish. Many more tiny bones than most fish. I once had perfectly boned shad filets. Whoever had to bone that fish is probably in a rubber room somewhere, or at least wishing he had gone into something a little less nerve-wracking, lik... Continue Reading

Re: What is the strangest thing you have ever cooked and eaten??

In Recipe Swap 1397147472.05

Weirdest thing I ever cooked and ate has to be jellyfish salad. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 172
1 2 3 4 ...172Next