Labor Day Weekend Clearance
122 Members and 8397 Guests Online

Witchy Woman's Activity

Re: DIY - Chalk Painting

In For the Home Talk 1408983960.743

On 8/25/2014 happy housewife said: This paint is pretty expensive - you are instructed to apply it with a brush so my ? is - does it spread out to get rid of the brush marks? I don't want to get rid of one brush marked paint job just to apply another one. Yes, the paint is expensive (at least the Annie Sloan brand), but a little goes a LONG way. I cannot imagine using even a smaller can unless you are painting something huge. Furthermore, in the class I took, the teacher used a spray bottle of water to help smooth the paint and think the color as you go. So, having a few brush strokes is ... Continue Reading

Re: DIY - Chalk Painting

In For the Home Talk 1408973063.293

I took a beginner's class for the Annie Sloan Chalk Painting technique. I'm sure any chalk paint would use the same process (there are other brands out there and even some home made). I also have her book that gives colors and details of how to. A local antique store offered the class and we worked on a dresser as a group. It was a light blue color and came out lovely. Previous classes had done mirror frames and small tables mostly in lighter colors. They all looked great. The paint and technique are very forgiving and a lot is left up to your personal preference. I have yet to paint an... Continue Reading

Re: Did you ever feel like wearing a couple of throw rugs to an award show?

In Viewpoints 1408971673.257

I am in awe (not in a good way) of any woman who could put this on and look in the mirror and think she looks good. In fact, in looking at the "fashion" lineup from this show I realized I am truly a dinosaur. I long for the time when women dressed to look elegant and classy. Why not just show up naked since there is little left to the imagination anyway. Continue Reading

Re: Did you ever feel like wearing a couple of throw rugs to an award show?

In Viewpoints 1408971561.637

I am in awe (not in a good way) of any woman who could put this on and look in the mirror and think she looks good. In fact, in looking at the "fashion" lineup from this show I realized I am truly a dinosaur. I long for the time when women dressed to look elegant and classy. Why not just show up naked since there is little left to the imagination anyway. Continue Reading

Re: please do your job!

In Fashion Talk 1408890286.39

It seems so simple to me. There should be a rather set formula for presentation. The priority SHOULD be providing pertinent information about the garment or product including measurements, colors and other elements that will help the consumer make a purchasing decision. Hosts should be professional enough to make this pleasant and conversational. After that, they can rattle on about anything they want to. As it is, most of the information provided is totally useless for making a decision. Continue Reading

Re: All Summer Long w/ No Self-Tanning

In Beauty Banter 1408801552.343

I have never self-tanned and never been shunned because of it -- at least that I know of Whatever color my skin picks up when I'm outside is the color it is. I've never felt the need to look like a basted turkey. I can understand that one might want to look lightly bronzed, but so many times it just looks orange and overdone. Continue Reading

Re: MIGRAINE sufferers

In Health & Fitness 1408792927.967

I began having migraines at age 35 and had them monthly or twice monthly until age 50. I'm 63 now and have been headache free since I turned 50. When my headaches began, doctors seemed disinterested in doing much of anything for them, but I persisted until I was sent to a neurologist who was doing clinical trials with Imitrex shots. Although they did work, I continued to get migraines and would often need more than one shot. Never had any side affects besides that initial rush from the shot. Imitrex pills never worked for me and no other medication (I tried many). I tried dietary changes,... Continue Reading

Re: Ouidad vs Devachan salon cut

In Beauty Banter 1408537675.977

Haven't had either cut (would have loved to), but wanted to comment on the hair changes you experienced and say I've had the same problem. Previously, my fine hair was cut very layered and my curls were lovely! I could wash and go with minimal products and no styling. It was a gift as I used to fight my curls and spend hours trying to get rid of them. However, as I aged, the curl pattern changed and those lovely curls were impossible to achieve. My solution was to grow out the layers and have my salon do a Pravana Smoothing treatment so I could go straight without too much trouble. While I mi... Continue Reading

Re: Grandma Posts Pic of Baby In Roasting Pan -

In Viewpoints 1407976608.273

On 8/13/2014 sunala said: It's disgusting. I don't like Ann Geddes photos either. Nor do I like babies with wings. Show me a happy, chubby baby being loved, and I'm happy too. I agree. This photo is stomach churning to me. Just the mere suggestion is enough to make me sick. Granny and the whole family who thought this was funny need their heads examined. Continue Reading

Re: If I Drink Three Large Cups Of Coffee Daily, Will K Cups Be Costly?

In TSV Talk 1407932855.193

I am not a fan of these machines, but I keep one in our small B&B for guests. They seem to love the thing. Since guests generally visit for a few days and not all drink coffee, it seems to work better than trying to keep coffee to brew. We tried it and people were reluctant to use the coffee we provided and didn't want to buy their own. Personally, I think the coffee it brews is like mop water....my sister calls it "coffee broth" and I agree. In my own home, I have a 14 cup Kitchenaide that gets a good workout every day. As much coffee as my husband and I drink, I would never use a Ke... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 243
1 2 3 4 ...243Next