Share the Love
105 Members and 14317 Guests Online

Witchy Woman's Activity

Re: And they wonder why the malls are dying

In Beauty Banter 1397669354.553

I would rather chew my arm off than go into a mall. I live in the Maryland/DC/Virginia area and there are numerous of malls within 30 miles of my home. I don't go to any of them any more for a variety of reasons. The last time I went to a Mall I noticed one thing...the noise! It was deafening and distracting. There were groups of ill-behaved people roaming the floors and stores acting like fools and causing chaos in any way possible. I fault the stores for not providing proper training and/or incentives to attract decent help. I can only assume they do not value my business, or the busin... Continue Reading

Re: Those shoes!

In Viewpoints 1397315929.843

One of my favorite Eagle songs! "Those Shoes" Tell us what you're gonna do tonight, mama. There must be someplace you can go In the middle of the tall drinks and the drama, there must be someone you know. God knows, you're lookin' good enough, but you're so smooth and the world's so rough. You might have somethin' to loose. Oh, no, pretty mama, what you gonna do in those shoes? Got those pretty little straps around your ankles Got those shiny little chains around your heart. You go to have your independence but you don't know just where to start. Desperation in the singles bars an' all... Continue Reading

Re: OH NO, NOT AGAIN ! Check out tomorrow's programming, looks like an overdose of Philosophy again !!!!!

In Beauty Banter 1397315708.913

On 4/12/2014 Happy Elizabeth said: It's Bowl O'Bubbles day on the Q. Isn't it the truth? Continue Reading

Re: NeNe Leeks of the Housewives coming to HSN with clothing line.....

In Fashion Talk 1396958447.297

Not a fan of any of the RH shows and have only seen her in passing, so I don't know her background be it stripper or ditch digger. However, what I AM tired of is the transition from "reality" shows to "designers" or pushers of products on shopping channels. Thankfully, I can tune them out and have. On the other hand, you cannot blame these personalities from taking advantage of making a fast buck when the opportunity presents itself. If there is no market for her stuff, she won't be there long. The whole idea is a real turn off and tune out for me. Continue Reading

Re: For Those That Have The Lenox Butterfly Meadow Dishes-Have A Question

In For the Home Talk 1396875738.03

I have the set, but do not remember if the bowls came boxed. I agree with poster violann. Mine are not stored in their boxes as I rotate them in and out of my corner china cabinet. Little things like this can annoy me to no end, but if you love the set, I'd just get some felt circles to set between the bowls and store them that way. Can you check another local store to see if they are boxed? Whatever the outcome, I say if you love the set/pattern, just get the bowls and find a safe way to store them. I ended up buying the tablecloth to match and it is a beautiful, too! Continue Reading

Re: Lenox

In For the Home Talk 1396436660.737

I adore china and table linens and have a terrible weakness for beautiful, colorful items. I love April Cornel linens and have a nice variety which I use now and then as I just don't entertain like I used to. A few years back I bought a small set of Lenox Butterfly Meadow. It is just so delightful in the Spring and Summer! I also bought Winter Greetings and the dishes with a green band and red Cardinal (the name escapes me). I alternate them in my corner china cabinet and use them for special dinners. Just looking at them makes me happy! Years ago before silver flatware was so pricey, I ... Continue Reading

Re: Ideas for porch decor

In For the Home Talk 1396372965.917

I love all your ideas and whitelinen, those ferns are just stunning as is your porch! Being in the woods, it is so hard keeping things clean. That white porch is lovely, but it would be a second job keeping it white. Fortunately, I'm dealing with brick, so, not much maintenance. Love the idea of lanterns or birdcages too. Considered the idea of lighted, hanging baskets, but I know they will have things nesting in them, so I'm concerned about that. It would be lovely, but....we are back in the woods and every kind of bird and bug is always looking for a home! Thanks for your responses. G... Continue Reading

Re: Gwyneth Paltrow

In Viewpoints 1396356209.62

I'm not even a mother and it annoyed me to no end. Personally, I've never been able to appreciate her "talent" whatever that might be. As others have already said, clueless, vapid, out-of-touch. Continue Reading

Ideas for porch decor

Last Reply by itsmetoo 1396390890.763 | Started by Witchy Woman in For the Home Talk

Any ideas for hanging decor on a large wrap around porch? I have 4 hooks on the front overhang where I've hung windsocks and live plants. I also have tubular wind chimes on two side hooks. The plants didn't work out as they were very messy and didn't stay lush and full no matter how much attention I gave them. Obviously, the windsocks were no maintenance. I could use silk plants in baskets, but I'm looking for something different. Any thoughts? Continue Reading

Re: Do you ever wonder why you bother cooking and baking?

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1396203271.497

On 3/30/2014 JamicaJammer said: In my "former life" (a.k.a. before my dh passed away), we entertained TONS, and it involved lots of food/cooking. It was such a joyous time. Now....I wish I could take one pill/day and survive just fine. Nothing is joyful anymore, and esp. not cooking. Meh. I am so sorry for your loss, but I bet you have lots of good memories and recipes! If I were your friend or lived next door, I would want you tell me all about your entertaining and what you made. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 237
1 2 3 4 ...237Next