TSV(R) Preview
18 Members and 8443 Guests Online

Witchy Woman's Activity

Re: IMAN Boot-cut Stretch Pant TS & 4-Way Coat

In Fashion Talk 1414171621.217

I probably won't buy anything, but I love listening to Iman. She's lovely and smart. She and David B. seem to have been married for a long time and I've wondered to myself what he thinks about all of this. Sure wish he would stop by while she is on set! I also wonder if these fabulously rich women really wear their own items in public. Iman is one smart business woman and seems to do quite well with her line. Continue Reading

Re: More than 100 Sears and Kmart stores to close

In Viewpoints 1414171171.957

No surprise. Both stores have been beaten into the dirt. I was recently in the last Kmart in my area and felt sad for the employees. The store was almost empty except for a handful of shoppers. The inventory looked tired and disheveled. The same store was a bee hive of activity and shoppers when they carried the Martha Stewart brand. I loved going there way back when, but now, it is just too depressing. They haven't remodeled in forever and it's just dingy. Both stores were fabulous in their day, but I guess this is just how it goes anymore. I remember when the last Woolworth in the ar... Continue Reading

Re: A turtleneck for those who don't like them tight...

In Fashion Talk 1414059085.973

I've been looking at this for a few weeks. Recently bought some very inexpensive turtlenecks at Kmart (of all places). I wear this around the house in the fall and winter. But the LL Bean top would be nice for going out since I am always a bit chilly even with a jacket. Have you bought one? Continue Reading

Re: The ARCH in downtown St. Louis is going to be cleaned.....

In Viewpoints 1413299944.037

I worked in the Mansion House Apartments (not sure if they are still called this) when the Arch was being built. It was fascinating watching the progress and seeing the riverfront transformed. Such a beautiful sight when it was finished! However, I never took the ride to the top until I was visiting my parents many years later (I moved East at 21). My husband and I went up there on a windy day and yikes, it really swayed back and forth, but the view was spectacular! I dated a young man who was an aviator and used to talk about flying his small plane under the Arch! He never did, but I do ... Continue Reading

Re: For you Wegman's fans-Met Danny Wegman today

In Viewpoints 1413144054.077

I'm in Southern Maryland and would love to have a Wegmans closer than the one in Landover, which is probably close to an hour's drive. We have many Giant and Safeway stores close by. In VA, they have Trader Joes and Whole Foods -- but I'm reluctant to drive an hour or more just to shop for two people . One of these afternoons I'm going to schedule a trip just to see what I'm missing! Continue Reading

Re: This year's holiday stamps

In Viewpoints 1413135348.593

Count me in as another stamp lover. I frequently order from USPS website so I can get exactly what I want. Check it out. They had some beautiful "Farmers' Market" and bird stamps...winter flowers and other lovely, colorful issues. Call me a dinosaur, but I still write letters on lovely paper and often try to match my stamps to those colors. It's just one of life's small pleasures. Attention to detail! Continue Reading

Re: Are day lilies and asiatic lilies poisonous to cats?

In In the Garden 1412973967.7

Well, thanks to all who took the time to check it out. I was being lazy! Looks like I won't be planting all those tiger lilies now. I have 5 kitties and they frequently like to lounge around in this flower bed, so I have to say no to lilies. I wouldn't want to take any chances with my boys! Continue Reading

Are day lilies and asiatic lilies poisonous to cats?

Last Reply by Boostaboosta Werk 1413615941.873 | Started by Witchy Woman in In the Garden

I thought I read this some time ago, and was just looking to fill one of my flowerbeds with tiger lilies and/or Asiatic lilies. Has anyone heard that the pollen from these might be poisonous to cats? So if my boys were to walk in the flower bed (which they would), I would be worried about the pollen getting on their fur and them licking it off. Am I mistaken? Continue Reading

Re: Is your home built on a crawl space?

In For the Home Talk 1412959798.217

We built our own home and since DH knows (almost) everything about building, he insisted that we build a concrete "crawl space." That is, the house has a foundation, then about a 4 foot space between the house and the floor joists. That space is poured concrete and the air stays reasonably controlled (there are heat and AC vents), so there is no dampness, mold, etc. We did not want a basement, so only have a small space where the mechanical equipment lives. DH had seen enough old homes on dirt crawl spaces and insisted that we have a clean, dry space to build on. As for me, I insisted we... Continue Reading

Re: News Pioneer Woman

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1412711297.73

On 10/7/2014 Sooner said: She lives in Oklahoma and yes, grocery stores here are sad. I don't know of a wonderful one. Maybe Tulsa has one, but I doubt it seriously. Not being snotty here, but I am sincerely curious why this might be the case? I live outside Washington, DC, and grocery stores out here are sometimes fabulous. I'm thankful, but is it an East Coast thing? Thanks. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 246
1 2 3 4 ...246Next