Handbag Clearance
120 Members and 11212 Guests Online

Idacat's Activity

Re: Please help me with a lighter alternative to this crust.

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1384398593.793

On 11/13/2013 house cat said: On 11/13/2013 Idacat said: Here's one from The Southern Lady Cooks, would probably be about the same as the Trisha Yearwood one I made this one. It couldn't have been any easier. I cooked them at Mom's house and they looked delicious, but ours are in the oven now... I'm hoping they taste as good as they look. I've made pot pies many times before and usually make my own rolled out crust. I don't always have time for that. I'm glad I happened to have that handy. Makes me feel like I did my good deed for the day;-) Continue Reading

Re: Please help me with a lighter alternative to this crust.

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1384384896.783

Here's one from The Southern Lady Cooks, would probably be about the same as the Trisha Yearwood one 1 cup original bisquick 1/2 cup evaporated milk 1 egg Mix, pour over hot filling, bake. Continue Reading

Re: Snapware made in the USA

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1381975292.697

Snapware is in no way remotely comparable to Lock and Lock. The very few plastic pieces I bought to try got donated; I didn't particularly have a hard time closing them, but you couldn't use them "to go" as they leak badly. OTOH, I got a set of glass Snapware from Woot and I like it, I just use for refrigerator storage and microwave reheating, no travel. I've had it quite a while and it's been fine. It's actually thicker than my glass Lock and Lock and oven safe. I think it may be the case that the Lock and Lock market is saturated, they are expensive and take up a lot of space. Continue Reading

Re: Samsung Centura - Voice Mail & Text Message notification ???

In Electronics Talk 1381972360.42

On 10/15/2013 lizzys said: Hi again Idacat. The swiping down info was a big help! I just got a text and it worked. When I went to text back, the phone had a mind of it's own. Even when I back space to correct what the phone was typing it still was not what I was typing. How do I get the phone's crazy spell check turned off? You seem to know more than what is in the book and online tutorials. I really appreciate all your help!!! Thanks! From the hoe screen hit the menu icon ( rows of dots, in middle)-> settings ->language and input->Samsung keyboard->predictive-> slide to off. ... Continue Reading

Re: Best CD Player?

In Electronics Talk 1381971068.65

On 10/16/2013 brewhaha said: I've been looking to replace my shelf stereo. I looked at some Sony but so far can't find one with all the features I'm looking for. That was why I was looking.very "slim pickings" with limited wattage and features, not into Bose or listening to music in the house on a computer or on an iPod with earphones although I only listen to the iPod in the car and I had a small boom box type charger/player/dock in the house. I ended up with a Sony that best met my wants in terms of wattage and presets, etc, but it has no repeat CD function, only repeat track. It does have... Continue Reading

Re: Great deal on flameless candles at HSN today

In Candles 1381876434.803

I have the set of three from last year and ordered these this morning (need them like a hole in the head but you only live once). when the batteries that came with the set of three ran out I replaced using the Sunbeam Heavy Duty from Dollar Tree; they last over two months on the four hour timer. I use these batteries in my other candles also, they last as long as Energizers or Duracell, depending on the age of the candle (evolving technology, the older candles use batteries faster), on four hour timers 2-3 months. Continue Reading

Re: What is a good inexpensive vacuum cleaner

In For the Home Talk 1381876070.533

For inexpensive and light (plastic), I had the first Eureka bagless cyclonic and it worked like a dream for ten years. A couple of months ago it croaked and I got a Shark Rotator which is simply amazing for about $200 at Lowes. If you want something a little less substantial, you might try the Shark Navigator, my DIL loves hers. In general, Sharks are all rated higher than everything else now, including Dyson. Continue Reading

Re: What is a good inexpensive vacuum cleaner

In For the Home Talk 1381875832.243

On 10/10/2013 Hunka Re Roy said: I was just looking at the Oreck Axis. I think it would be perfect for me, but not everyone after reading all reviews. I did a search and I can't find them anywhere but QVC and Oreck website. Since they are not a new item, I am curious. I want to order one, and QVC is cheaper, but I don't want to get a returned or used item. Should I wait for the next presentation? I agree with CA_shopper on the Shark but just not for me at this time. Oreck is in chapter 11, I wouldn't buy one. Continue Reading

Re: HSN'S Today's Special

In For the Home Talk 1381875689.493

I bought them, also bought the first 3 piece set and love them although it is hard to choose a favorite ;-) I only know where the eight inch will go (I have no business buying more battery candles of any type either, I have them everywhere); I've been leaving an old CI without a time on at night in the bathroom as a nightlight for my old kitty who has to drink from the sink. The eight inch on the 8 hour timer will replace that, these are much brighter and the batteries last longer than the older CI candles. Not to mention that the price is great. Continue Reading

Re: I want a device for streaming movies, any suggestions?

In Electronics Talk 1381874499.177

I live in the sticks and get 15 channels including four PBS, CBS,ABC,NBC,FOX, CW and a few independents with a thirty dollar antenna from WalMart. That and my Roku and I'm good. I also save $130/mo. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 303
1 2 3 4 ...303Next