Christmas in July(R) Sale
122 Members and 13985 Guests Online

peggles's Activity

Is Mary Beth working full time?

Last Reply by RedHeadedWench 1406810530.293 | Started by peggles in Viewpoints

Either I'm not watching at the right times or she's not working 4 days a week anymore. Saw her this morning after several days of not. Continue Reading

Re: O/T ~ Remedies for Ringing in the Ears?

In Beauty Banter 1405932507.58

I have ringing in the ears too but not so bad that it keeps me from falling asleep. It's louder sometimes than other times. As Jean Louise mentioned, citrus bioflavonoids help, and 50mg of niacin daily helps me too. I searched online and found an easy "exercise" to do where, as I recall, you hang your head back off the edge of a bed or something for 10 seconds, turn it left for 10 seconds, then right for 10 seconds. It helped me the times I tried it. Search for it for yourself as I'm not entirely sure of the details. Continue Reading

Re: QVC gems vs. other shopping channels

In Jewelry Talk 1405635045.213

I've stopped buying jewelry - I have everything I want and need to start wearing it (but no place to go!) - but I believe ShopHQ has the best quality but like QVC's is also overpriced. My favorite designer is Michael Valitutti. Chuck Clemency's quality has gone down, although I bought a chrome diopside line bracelet of his last year that is spectacular. I also have a number of quality pieces from HSN, and their current show of Xavier cz's is absolutely breathtaking and spectacular!!! I've never seen such original and distinctive designs!! As for QVC, their jewelry quality is mediocre. Continue Reading

Re: Gem Day...pathetic line up for shows...

In Jewelry Talk 1405548581.527

Watching gems all day is a welcome change from the usual boring line up, but I won't be buying anything because of their prices. I have all the gems I want anyway; the only stone I'm remotely interested in is morganite but don't trust the Q's quality. It was fascinating to watch the Ruby show - the parcel was purchased 20 years ago, yet they were all pink. I'm pretty sure rubies were still red 20 years ago. I bought a Burmese ruby ring from ShopNBC about 10 years ago and it is definitely red. Continue Reading

Re: If you eat fried chicken out, where do you go??

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1405283903.93

I'm addicted to KFC (although I have it maybe once a month). That's the only time I eat chicken skin. Their biscuits and cold slaw are to die for. Several months ago I was in Louisville, ran out of things to do, and drove to the original Sanders Cafe. There's a small museum there which I enjoyed. Had some KFC during our recent Canadian road trip but it's not the same. Continue Reading

Re: O/T Do You Buy More From HSN Or QVC

In Beauty Banter 1400652643.62

HSN for sure. I don't trust QVC much anymore. Continue Reading

Re: Im getting a smartphone should i get the Apple 4s or the Samsung G.

In Electronics Talk 1395807184.253

I had 2 phones and a tablet that were Androids and swear I'll never get anything but an Apple from now on. Androids would be amazing if they did what they're supposed to do, but they don't. Maybe it's the ones by HTC, as mine were, that are the problem. I was pulling my hair out daily!!! I got the original Apple IPhone 4 and never pulled my hair once. It was dependable from day 1. The only real drawback was the small screen. I just replaced it 2 weeks ago with the 5C, and the screen is a little bigger. Continue Reading

Re: Tova is such a lovely lady for her age.

In Beauty Banter 1395720453.773

On 3/24/2014 annabellethecat said: How do you know that daisies? I'm not being smart alec I'm curious. Do you know them or have you seen her shopping? He was around for a very long time and made a lot of well known movies. My guess is that he had a lot of money. I don't know, but I would think so. In case Daisies doesn't see your question, I can answer for her because Tova talked a lot last night about she was always asking him to buy the latest bauble before her. He'd complain she already had enough jewelry but would give in to her pleading. This was way before she started her business. Continue Reading

Re: Tova is such a lovely lady for her age.

In Beauty Banter 1395708896.577

She's attractive and well dressed, but she has an air of arrogance about her. I read somewhere that she's not so wonderful in person, when she's not "on." Why does she seem "real" to you all and not Lisa, for example? Saw Tova with Nancy last night and she bragged a lot. Not becoming. Continue Reading

Re: I saw the real lisa tonight

In TSV Talk 1394948129.683

Thanks for this thread, Dex, and I'm relieved that the real Lisa you saw was good. I had posted about meeting her at the girlfriends weekend last July (for the second time), and she gave of herself completely, winning everyone over. Reading her Facebook posts shows the real Lisa too - she not only loves animals, babies, and Nature, but loves the little things in life too. The Q models love her too, and they'd see the real Lisa. I tweet back and forth with Katia, and she thinks Lisa is "wonderful.". Continue Reading

Page 1 of 37
1 2 3 4 ...37Next