Keurig Offer
140 Members and 11900 Guests Online

blueskies's Activity

Re: WHAT DID YOU BUY FROM VALERIE'S 8-22 MORNING SHOW?

In For the Home Talk 1410507104.143

Update , had to return the snowman cloche scene , so disappointed :( ......the evergreens had few lights on them , and because there aren't lights situated in front of the children , the scene is in a shadow . One evergreen had literally 1 light on the front & 2 on the back . The other wasn't much better . The deciduous tree or shrub in the middle , looked awkward & had most of the lights on it ......but the lighting wasn't bright enough to make the glitter sparkle , or lend the scene the wonderland look it deserved . The lighting looked like it was applied without any thought or care... Continue Reading

Re: Fall Hummingbird migration...

In In the Garden 1410483128.527

On 9/11/2014 Susan Louise said: On 9/11/2014 blueskies said: Susan Louise , lol, I enjoyed reading your comment about the hummingbirds . Yes , it's too bad they don't learn to share ! We used to put a feeder by the kitchen window & loved seeing them visit . It had 4 feeding ports , but if a 2 nd bird showed up , omg ! Lots of fluttering ! ........Even after we stopped hanging the feeder a few years ago , every Spring they'd visit that window , looking for the feeder for a few years . They have amazing memories . Unreal . ..........enjoy the Fall weather ! The weather can't make up it's mi... Continue Reading

Re: Wha do you think the most comfortable shoe brand is for you?

In All About Shoes 1410481025.59

RYKA . I like everything about them .... The footbed is comfortable . Also, if you get a style with an adjustable Velcro strap , it's helpful if feet swell . Continue Reading

In In the Garden 1410472633.47

KJPA , wow , your yard sounds beautiful . Regarding your question , I'm wondering if your feeder solution is too sweet for them ? I make mine in a ratio of 4 parts water to 1 part sugar . Bring it to a boil for a minute , then let it cool before pouring in feeder . I only make enough to store in the fridge for about 3 days . I change the solution 3 times a week in very hot weather . I got all this info from instructions that were with the new feeder . .......btw, I found a good way to remember the ratio I read about ( 4:1 ) by thinking of a hand ....4 fingers & 1 thumb . Otherwise , I'd h... Continue Reading

In In the Garden 1410471636.367

Susan Louise , lol, I enjoyed reading your comment about the hummingbirds . Yes , it's too bad they don't learn to share ! We used to put a feeder by the kitchen window & loved seeing them visit . It had 4 feeding ports , but if a 2 nd bird showed up , omg ! Lots of fluttering ! ........Even after we stopped hanging the feeder a few years ago , every Spring they'd visit that window , looking for the feeder for a few years . They have amazing memories . Unreal . ..........enjoy the Fall weather ! The weather can't make up it's mind here yet .....Summer,Fall, Summer, Fall .....lol. Continue Reading

Re: Who started decorating for Fall & what are your decorating plans ?

In For the Home Talk 1409975133.337

On 8/27/2014 terrier3 said: On 8/25/2014 Nancy Drew said: I live in So Cal so for the month of Sept. since it is still summer until the 21st. I do sunflowers everywhere. I feel it bridges the gap from summer to fall nicely. I do all my fall decorating Oct 1st. If I do fall too early I get tired of it then put out x-mas then I get tired of that so I stick to the seasons and not go too early. Sunflowers are a GREAT idea! I have an ivy wreath on my front door now and don't put out my maple leaf wreath until the colors change on the two Japanese maples flanking my front door. I'm going to look f... Continue Reading

In For the Home Talk 1409974744.363

On 8/27/2014 Grade1Teach said: The weather on Long Island this summer has been unusually cool too. However, this week we are hotter than we've been all summer. The humidity is wayyyy up too! Either way, I'm going to decorate my home for fall this weekend. I always do it Labor Day Weekend, regardless of weather. Everyone around here heads back to school next week. And, back-to-school means fall is coming. I'm always ready for leaves, apples, pumpkins, and scarecrows this time of year. I haven't purchased anything new this year, but I have three large bins filled with fall décor. It's al... Continue Reading

In For the Home Talk 1409971211.207

JamaicaJammer , love the furniture in the photos you shared . I like primitive country style a lot , but I've drifted more toward eclectic in the past few years . Guess you'd call it more primitive/farmhouse/cottage/traditional/sentimental pieces from family -style . Lol. .......anyway , I mentioned a story about those wingback chairs . Many many years ago , when I was first married & we had produce crate bookcases , etc . , I saw an ad in the local paper for two wingback chairs at an affordable price . I called the seller & couldn't get there to see them till the next day because of ... Continue Reading

In For the Home Talk 1409969727.3

Hi all , yesterday I received a set of candles I'd ordered here , called " The Cheerful Giver " . It's a set of two 34 ounce Papa jar candles & they smell so good ! One is a " praline caramel " scent & the other is a " sugar cookie " if I remember correctly . The price for the size , was better than Yankee , which is the usual brand I buy . I also have lots of Slatkin from a few years ago . They're down to only candle warmer size now tho . .......anyway , wanted to share that in case anyone is looking for a pretty good price IMO , plus candle scents which are all about indoor /colder ... Continue Reading

Re: QVC Mourns the passing of Joan Rivers

In Joan Rivers, Hosts & Personalities, Q News 1409876818.297

Sad news . Rest in Peace , Joan . Sympathies to her entire family and friends . I'll always treasure her message about bees . I have many of her bee pins, and will always think of her when I wear one . Thank you for the laughter and strength, that you shared with the world, Joan . You were a treasure . Continue Reading

Page 1 of 424
1 2 3 4 ...424Next