Creede Silver Sale
140 Members and 16611 Guests Online

blueskies's Activity

Re: The price of high end faucets and toilets!!!

In For the Home Talk 1411929786.15

I like Lowes for their assortment to choose from . Someone mentioned Kohler , which is a good brand . We need to replace 2 bath faucets ; I'm buying the arched faucet style ( a small version of the kitchen pot filler faucets ) , in brushed nickel . I guess I'm not looking at high end , because these are in the range of $100-$200 . Continue Reading

Re: I THINK IT'S TIME TO PULL THE PLUG ON TEMP-TATIONS.

In Temp-tations 1411928637.45

I think they base major decisions like that on sales & returns . I doubt complaints without returns make much of an impact . I read complaints about quality issues , in many different forums .....clothing , shoes , jewelry , makeup , etc. ......Recently I've had quality issues with a home decor line . I'm just going to stop buying from that line for now . If I read that things improve with time , I may purchase from that line again , in the future . I have about 6 pieces of Temptations , and I only use them for serving . Read too many reviews about cracking , crazing , complete breakage u... Continue Reading

Linea ponte knit leggings A239321 : looking for similar leggings .

Last Reply by kate2357 1411833889.877 | Started by blueskies in Linea

Just purchased & love Linea leggings # A239321 . They're a ponte knit, such good quality & fit well . Problem is that colors & sizes are running out . Unsure if they'll be restocking this item . In the meantime , can anyone recommend other leggings in his line, that are very similar ? Thank you . Continue Reading

Re: WHAT DID YOU BUY FROM VALERIE'S 8-22 MORNING SHOW?

In For the Home Talk 1410507104.143

Update , had to return the snowman cloche scene , so disappointed :( ......the evergreens had few lights on them , and because there aren't lights situated in front of the children , the scene is in a shadow . One evergreen had literally 1 light on the front & 2 on the back . The other wasn't much better . The deciduous tree or shrub in the middle , looked awkward & had most of the lights on it ......but the lighting wasn't bright enough to make the glitter sparkle , or lend the scene the wonderland look it deserved . The lighting looked like it was applied without any thought or care... Continue Reading

Re: Fall Hummingbird migration...

In In the Garden 1410483128.527

On 9/11/2014 Susan Louise said: On 9/11/2014 blueskies said: Susan Louise , lol, I enjoyed reading your comment about the hummingbirds . Yes , it's too bad they don't learn to share ! We used to put a feeder by the kitchen window & loved seeing them visit . It had 4 feeding ports , but if a 2 nd bird showed up , omg ! Lots of fluttering ! ........Even after we stopped hanging the feeder a few years ago , every Spring they'd visit that window , looking for the feeder for a few years . They have amazing memories . Unreal . ..........enjoy the Fall weather ! The weather can't make up it's mi... Continue Reading

Re: Wha do you think the most comfortable shoe brand is for you?

In All About Shoes 1410481025.59

RYKA . I like everything about them .... The footbed is comfortable . Also, if you get a style with an adjustable Velcro strap , it's helpful if feet swell . Continue Reading

In In the Garden 1410472633.47

KJPA , wow , your yard sounds beautiful . Regarding your question , I'm wondering if your feeder solution is too sweet for them ? I make mine in a ratio of 4 parts water to 1 part sugar . Bring it to a boil for a minute , then let it cool before pouring in feeder . I only make enough to store in the fridge for about 3 days . I change the solution 3 times a week in very hot weather . I got all this info from instructions that were with the new feeder . .......btw, I found a good way to remember the ratio I read about ( 4:1 ) by thinking of a hand ....4 fingers & 1 thumb . Otherwise , I'd h... Continue Reading

In In the Garden 1410471636.367

Susan Louise , lol, I enjoyed reading your comment about the hummingbirds . Yes , it's too bad they don't learn to share ! We used to put a feeder by the kitchen window & loved seeing them visit . It had 4 feeding ports , but if a 2 nd bird showed up , omg ! Lots of fluttering ! ........Even after we stopped hanging the feeder a few years ago , every Spring they'd visit that window , looking for the feeder for a few years . They have amazing memories . Unreal . ..........enjoy the Fall weather ! The weather can't make up it's mind here yet .....Summer,Fall, Summer, Fall .....lol. Continue Reading

Re: Who started decorating for Fall & what are your decorating plans ?

In For the Home Talk 1409975133.337

On 8/27/2014 terrier3 said: On 8/25/2014 Nancy Drew said: I live in So Cal so for the month of Sept. since it is still summer until the 21st. I do sunflowers everywhere. I feel it bridges the gap from summer to fall nicely. I do all my fall decorating Oct 1st. If I do fall too early I get tired of it then put out x-mas then I get tired of that so I stick to the seasons and not go too early. Sunflowers are a GREAT idea! I have an ivy wreath on my front door now and don't put out my maple leaf wreath until the colors change on the two Japanese maples flanking my front door. I'm going to look f... Continue Reading

Re: Who started decorating for Fall & what are your decorating plans ?

In For the Home Talk 1409974744.363

On 8/27/2014 Grade1Teach said: The weather on Long Island this summer has been unusually cool too. However, this week we are hotter than we've been all summer. The humidity is wayyyy up too! Either way, I'm going to decorate my home for fall this weekend. I always do it Labor Day Weekend, regardless of weather. Everyone around here heads back to school next week. And, back-to-school means fall is coming. I'm always ready for leaves, apples, pumpkins, and scarecrows this time of year. I haven't purchased anything new this year, but I have three large bins filled with fall décor. It's al... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 425
1 2 3 4 ...425Next