Fashion & Accessories Clearance
37 Members and 11200 Guests Online

blueskies's Activity

Re: Miracle Gro - What Went Wrong?

In In the Garden 1406091853.137

On 7/22/2014 Laurel013 said: What went wrong is in ur title...miracle gro...chemical fertilizers r a terrible thing to use on a poor plant...organic fertilizers carry positive ions which bind with the negative charged soil...chemical fert are anionical which means negative...which means they will repel each other. Over time chemical fertilizers will dehydrate ur plants or as they say, "burn" them simply because chem ferti r like dumping salt in ur ground or pot. I consider fertilizers as evil as round up. Laurel , Are you aware of a company called Gardens Alive , that sells all natural garden... Continue Reading

In In the Garden 1406091213.95

My son picked up the geraniums & alyssum for the 4 window boxes out front . He also came home with MG potting soil . He planted them in May , and all the plants are doing well . The geraniums could be more numerous , but IMO it's lack of sunshine that is the reason for that . The alyssum are thriving . The geranium leaves are dark green & I deadhead all passé geranium blossoms . ......always grew impatiens in those boxes , since they tolerate some shade ...but heard about the fungus last year . Does anyone know when they can introduce immune IMpatien plants ?? Miss them . ........ Continue Reading

In In the Garden 1405982655.447

Lori K , thanks . Let's hope this Winter is milder . I miss seeing those gorgeous blooms . I plan on painting my front door the same color blue , since the shrubs are in the front of house . Continue Reading

In In the Garden 1405950961.68

PomMom , good luck with your plant issue . It's tough to lose plants and not know why . Looks like you received good advice from other posters here . Hope you don't mind I asked a question of my own on your thread . Continue Reading

In In the Garden 1405950081.69

JustJazzMom , thanks . I have 5 Endless Summer , which bloom on old & new wood . I didn't prune them at all & I didn't remove the old wood . The other 2 are Lacecaps and small ( won't grow past 3-4 feet tall or wide ) . Those rarely bloomed in past years too . We are In New England , so the freezing cold last winter was probably the reason like you said . I just thought they'd bloom on the new wood . The new shoots are tall , healthy. & very leafy .......just no buds or blooms . Oh well , nature has its own plans , so maybe next year ! ! For now I'll try a little fertilizer anyway... Continue Reading

Re: Where Do You Keep All Your Decor? Like Valeri's

In For the Home Talk 1405930899.41

OP , i forgot that You asked about linens & I collect quilts . I use a second floor closet as a linen closet . We built shelves inside . I measured the lengths., widths & heights of all the shelves , and then bought sturdy plastic storage drawers for the shelves . Each drawer holds several sheet sets . I decided to store sheets by either flat , fitted , pillowcases & labeled the drawers that way on the front . I kept one drawer for flannel sheet sets , since there aren't many . .......some people store sheets in containers based on the mattress size ......they'll have a drawer lab... Continue Reading

Re: Where Do You Keep All Your Decor? Like Valeri's

In For the Home Talk 1405929819.193

Well , first I keep everything in their original boxes , which I label with permanent marker . I store breakable items like Fenton pieces , in the dining room buffet ...it's quite large & has lots of storage space . Items that are plastic or resin and won't get moldy , I'll store in the basement on shelves . A few things like Byers dolls , are stored in a couple of closets on the first floor . I label all boxes and also write if an item is a collectible . My family wouldn't know that , if I didn't write it on the box . .........also store breakable items in their original styrofoam molds ... Continue Reading

Re: Valerie Parr Hill

In For the Home Talk 1405928927.55

OP , the lil gingerbread lamp was cute ! I have a few of her lamps & they're well-made . I use them for the different seasons & holidays . ........for this weekend , I bought 1 thing ....the kitchen wreath with gingerbread folk & gumdrops , small rolling pin . I especially like the different pine needles , of the white pine branches she used ....instead of the usual balsam , etc. .......will hang in on door leading to basement near kitchen ....or maybe on side of pantry , where there's room . Small kitchen . Continue Reading

In In the Garden 1405928344.5

Does anyone here grow Hydrangeas ? I have about 7 & none are blooming yet . I haven't fertilized them yet , but they always bloomed on their own . Anyone else having problems ? Late July I'd think they should have buds by now ....none . Maybe due to bee population ? Have seen a few bees , but not as many as other years . Ideas ? Thnx . Continue Reading

Re: Why won't QVC lower their shipping costs?

In Suggestion Box 1405830723.76

It's become the deciding factor , in whether I buy here or elsewhere . When a 30- something (reduced) price on shoes , turns it into over 50 , it's not a deal anymore . Continue Reading

Page 1 of 410
1 2 3 4 ...410Next