Fall Fashion Clearance
33 Members and 15475 Guests Online

Baxjaxmom's Activity

Re: Pecan pie recipe, please

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1407436341.183

On 8/7/2014 pupcakes said: I am very picky about pecan pie because I don't like a custardy pie. I make a "chewy" pecan pie & got the recipe in the early 80's at my daughter's school from a potluck. I second Zhills request. Can you please share the recipe you reference for a "chewy" pecan pie? Continue Reading

Re: David just jumped the shark!!!!

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1382905924.793

On 10/24/2013 D Oro said: When I was in college, several of us spent the weekend with a friend. Her mother had baked a cake for us. Once we found out what kind it was, we all dumped it as quick as possible. It was a Sausage Cake! We didn't bother tasting it, it just sounded awful. Well around 2am we were hungry again and they made me be the "Mikey" and test the cake. It was delicious. No trace of the sausage anywhere. It was moist and reminded me of a spice cake with thick homemade caramel icing. I searched for that recipe forever. I finally found it. It was just as great as I remembered it. ... Continue Reading

Re: This is for Tater Tot Lovers...........

In Recipe Swap 1381253443.027

On 10/8/2013 WenGirl42 said: On 10/8/2013 Baxjaxmom said: This looks and sounds delicious. I do have a question, however. I am not familiar with "Sour Cream Ranch Sauce". I have searched on the website of my local Kroger grocery store and got "0" results so apparently they do not carry it. Do you know who makes it, is it likely in among salad dressings wherever you shop, and are the a variety of brands for it? If I can't find it elsewhere, what would be a good substitute? Thanks for the recipe. Off topic but I haven't been on the boards in a while. What has happened to the "spell check" icon?... Continue Reading

Re: This is for Tater Tot Lovers...........

In Recipe Swap 1381252303.663

This looks and sounds delicious. I do have a question, however. I am not familiar with "Sour Cream Ranch Sauce". I have searched on the website of my local Kroger grocery store and got "0" results so apparently they do not carry it. Do you know who makes it, is it likely in among salad dressings wherever you shop, and are the a variety of brands for it? If I can't find it elsewhere, what would be a good substitute? Thanks for the recipe. Off topic but I haven't been on the boards in a while. What has happened to the "spell check" icon? Continue Reading

Re: Seeking help in identifying a plant

In In the Garden 1374340053.197

Thanks so much for your suggestions!!! I was finally able to speak to the wife of the man who had tried to tell us the name of the plant and she doesn't have quite as heavy of an accent. She said that the name of this plant is "Green Swedish Ivy". So, what we were hearing as "shooter shabby" is "Swedish Ivy". I did find imagaes of the Swedish Ivy on Google and it is, indeed, the plant. Mystery solved!! Thanks again for the suggestions made. Continue Reading

Seeking help in identifying a plant

Last Reply by nantucket shore 1374349217.46 | Started by Baxjaxmom in In the Garden

I have exhausted all possible combinations of words on Google for trying to identify a specific plant in a hanging basket my friend and I found at a produce market recently. It was not identified with any sort of plant tag and when I inquired of the proprieter, he stated the name, which I could not understand because he spoke English with a very heavy accent. My friend understood him to say "It is a 'Green Shooter Shabby'". He then went on to say "most people just refer to it as "Shooter Shabby". That made no sense but we both repeated it (as we heard it) to him several times to ensure we wer... Continue Reading

Re: What's YOUR Favorite?

In Recipe Swap 1370301179.23

On 6/3/2013 pink dogwood said: Okay I'll admit it - everyone who knows me and has the tasty pleasure of having my potato salad RAVES about it, in fact can't wait for summer to beg me to make it!!! Well card club is this Friday eve and this is what I'm bringing - can't wait myself. This will be the first batch this summer. "'tis tasty" !!!!! Pink dogwood, can we impose on you to please share your special potato salad recipe with us? I love potato salad and always interested in seeing various recipes. I'll be checking back in hopes of you seeing this and including your recipe when you check i... Continue Reading

Re: Cream Cheese Peach Pie

In Recipe Swap 1370274577.543

LilBit, this sounds like a wonderful Summertime dessert!!! I assume this is meant for fresh peaches; however, have you tried it with canned or frozen peaches and does it make a difference in the taste or the outcome? I further assume if canned peaches are used, they need to be very well drained OR could the juice from the peaches be used in place of the water? Thanks for sharing and TIA for your response to my inquiry. I'm looking forward to trying this!! Bax Continue Reading

Re: Take out coffee, am I the only one?

In Coffee Talk 1370198286.973

On 5/30/2013 willdob3 said: On 5/30/2013 glmama said: Hi wildob-I know I'm hijacking this thread, but do you have any tips/tricks for brewing a superb cup in your own my K-Cup or solo-fill? I have one of these (I think it's the solo fill?) and I've never had a great cup come out of it. Don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've even ordered some of our favorite coffee before and it just does not work. Should the grounds be really packed in there? Looser? What? TIA Not really. I wish I had some great tips. I do use a filter that is supposed to be a little larger than the one that comes with the My... Continue Reading

Re: Brockles Special Salad Dressing Recipe

In Recipe Swap 1367692131.41

On 4/25/2013 TrishTX said: You're welcome. It's hard to describe. Just a good blend of ingredients for a unique flavor. I don't think it's a strong Bleu cheese flavor, I don't like Blue Cheese, but love this dressing. You can add more, BC if you want. Dressing reminds me kinda sorta like thousand island, but not sweet. I serve it with crackers and can't put it down! Serve it on salad, if you want. If you like a thinner dressing, you might want to hit it with some milk or buttermilk. I like garlic, so that is what I adjust for my tastes. LOL I meant to say that she was told not to share the ... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 138
1 2 3 4 ...138Next