Hey, eReader users, have you updated your Pandigital Novel firmware yet? Why should you update? Well, by installing the new firmware from our website, users get the benefit of fully customizing their eReaders with a wide range of Android applications. In addition to that, your eReader will be compatible with support for DOC, DOCX, TXT, XLS, XLSX, CSV, PPT, and PPTX formats. Why wait? The firmware update is free and easy to do. Here's how:
Note: Before doing the update, make sure your eReader is either connected to the power source or fully charged in order to prevent accidental shutdown during the upgrade. It’s also a good idea to backup all your files on your computer.
1. Connect your eReader to your computer by using the USB cable.
2. Navigate to http://www.pandigital.net/Downloads.
3. Click on your country flag and then scroll down the page until you find a description of the correct version of your eReader.
4. Underneath the Firmware Update for all Pandigital Novel 7" color Multimedia eReaders (U.S.), click the blue "click here" to learn more and update your device. On the next screen, click the blue "click here" to run PC updater Application.
5. Follow the prompts and click "run". If the option to run doesn't automatically pop up, choose "save" and save it to the desktop and then run it through from the desktop.
6. When the download completes, unplug your eReader from the computer using the "safely remove hardware icon" on the right side of Windows task bar.
7. Your eReader will now shutdown. Power it back on by simultaneously holding the increase volume key (raised + button on side of eReader) and the power key (also raised) for 10 seconds until you see the upgrade text appear on the screen. Once this appears, release both buttons immediately. This executes a hard start.
If done correctly, your eReader's homepage interface will look different than before. But no worries! Your eReader will have the same functions as before, as well as a number of new performance and feature enhancements. Once your device is updated, you can download fun apps and games! A great way to get applications is through the SAM 4.0/Slide ME icon available on your device. Enjoy!
Note: By doing a firmware update, all settings will restore to factory defaults and all your personal data such as email, contacts, etc. will be deleted. Your Barnes & Noble eBooks, eMagazines, and eNewspapers will be deleted, but you can easily re-download them to My Library after the update is done.