Dooney & Bourke
120 Members and 16336 Guests Online

Lisa Robertson Blog

What to Pack--and Not Pack--for Vacation (Hint--Start with Heys Luggage!)

Last Reply by Cala Lisa 1374898030.173 | Started by Lisa Robertson in Fashion Talk, Hosts & Personalities, TSV Talk

I love to travel with luggage that looks good and protects my things. Enter: Heys 3-piece Hardside Spinner Luggage Set that’s our TSV(R) this Monday! You’ll never end up with anything crushed if you have Heys luggage, no matter how many suitcases they throw on top of it. The fact that it looks fashionable and makes it easy to spot on the luggage carousel are bonuses! Now that you’ve got your suitcases, what should you pack? Here are 10 questions to ask yourself before you leave. 1. What activities do you KNOW you're going to do?  The reason I was an over-packer w... Continue Reading

views
replies

Lisa's in Vicenza! View Her Trip in Photos & See Her Favorite Fair Finds

Last Reply by bonzi123 1372546180.427 | Started by Lisa Robertson in Jewelry Talk, Hosts & Personalities, Vicenza Style

Bonjourno! If you’ve been following me on Facebook, I don’t need to tell you I’m in Italy.  I arrived late last week and have been at the Vicenza Fair looking at some of the most gorgeous pieces I’ve ever seen. I thought you might like a sneak-peek, so here are a few snapshots.  After a long day, our stomachs were empty and our heads were spinning. We found the cutest little place for dinner. David, Debra, and I are getting our own "mini-fair" at the hotel. We are seeing the new product from some of our key factories before the Gold Fair actually opens tom... Continue Reading

views
replies

Don't Miss the Season Three Finale of LRS!

Last Reply by ROMARY 1 1368510452.98 | Started by Lisa Robertson in Beauty Banter, Fashion Talk, All About Accessories

Don't forget—this week's season finale starts at 9pm ET!!! I can’t believe that this Friday is the Season Finale of The Lisa Robertson Show. I swear it seems like just last week we were starting and now it’s almost over!  Although I’m sad to see the season come to an end, I think the break gives us time to make sure that what we have to offer you next season is even better!  Always trying to improve. :) So this week is a "two-fer"! We’re starting at 9pm ET and have 2 hours together so it's two, two, two of everything!  Double the designers, d... Continue Reading

views
replies

It’s the Season of the Illusion: Embracing the Sheer & Peekaboo Trend

Last Reply by QWNBRENBREN 1367635426.697 | Started by Lisa Robertson in Fashion Talk, Hosts & Personalities, All About Handbags

It’s interesting that you hear a lot about transparency in politics these days, but where you're actually seeing it is in fashion. It’s the season of the illusion. The unexpected illusion of seeing through fabric or an unexpected cut out. Of course, you don't really want to show anything too shocking. And, this is a trend that can be overdone. However, if you do it well, it can be one of the most beautiful feminine trends we’ve had in quite a while. The object of this trend is to direct the eye. Like a magician, you can trick people into looking where you want... Continue Reading

views
replies

What's the Easiest Way to Make Your Outfit Look High End?

Last Reply by ceejay43 1372826092.69 | Started by Lisa Robertson in Fashion Talk, Jewelry Talk, Hosts & Personalities

What is the easiest way to make your outfit look "high end?” Add a little gold. Gold is an amazing metal and our love of the metal itself has sparked a love of the color. By simply making something the color of the metal, it takes on the status and wealth of the metal itself. So to discover why we love it so much in fashion, I thought we could revisit why we love gold itself. The earliest gold jewelry dates back over 6,000 years and was found in the Bulgarian town of Varna. From our earliest records and discoveries, it’s something man has had a love affair with. Long before g... Continue Reading

views
replies

Why Do We Wear the Colors We Wear? (And What Colors Are "In" for Summer?)

Last Reply by Taffie Lee 1368238528.823 | Started by Lisa Robertson in Fashion Talk, Hosts & Personalities

Do you ever wonder why you choose to wear the colors that you wear? Is it strictly fashion, or can color actually be a window to who we are and how we feel? I've been studying the effects of color recently and I have to say, it's VERY interesting. The minute it’s warm out, the first thing we think of is wearing white. It makes sense. Spring is a new beginning and white is the color of purity, cleansing, and new beginnings. You put on a white blouse or dress and it feels like a brand new day. Next time you feel like you need a new start, reach for the white. Lucky fo... Continue Reading

views
replies

Layering Pieces: The Secret to a Wardrobe That'll Take You Anywhere

Last Reply by StuffyBug 1366231623.063 | Started by Lisa Robertson in Fashion Talk, Hosts & Personalities, All About Accessories

There are a lot of things about the way we buy clothes that have changed. We used to have separate seasonal wardrobes, but now we look for clothes that work year-round. We used to have "work clothes" and "going out" clothes and "weekend" clothes, but now we look for things that can go anywhere we want to go. Thankfully, there tends to be a more open dress code in many work places. And, we have a lot to do every day. So what it leaves is a lot of room for crossover. Multitasking Wardrobe: Crossover pieces tend to be layering pieces that can be worn casually or formally. It... Continue Reading

views
replies

Global Traveler Style - Lisa Shares her Tips for Packing for Vacation

Last Reply by luvsprettythings 1366468021.713 | Started by Lisa Robertson in Fashion Talk, All About Accessories, All About Shoes

Any day now it’s going to warm up, and we’re going to start thinking of summer vacations. This takes a lot of preparation in the "what am I going to take?" department, doesn’t it? It’s amazing that no matter how concise you think your packing is, you still end up wearing only half of what you brought. One trick to wearing what you pack is to take things you like to wear. I know it seems silly, but if you don't like the T-shirt at home, you probably won't like it on vacation. Finding clothes that you would wear at home and that you can take on vacation is the b... Continue Reading

views
replies

What Does Your Handbag Say About You?

Last Reply by mimistuart 1383543941.19 | Started by Lisa Robertson in Fashion Talk, All About Accessories, All About Handbags

How many times do we say, "Lead with the bag!". The handbag is the most visible accessory we wear, as it's generally the largest. This week we decided to take four of our "Looks" and decide what the bag for each look "says" about the woman wearing it. Hey, maybe we could rename this blog, "The Bag Whisperer." (I hope you know I'm not serious on that one. )   The first look is called "Get the Scoop" and features an orYANY bag—the smallest of the four we're highlighting. It's sleek, clean, and pared down, but has a signature hardware piece in ... Continue Reading

views
replies

Bringing Femininity Into the 21st Century

Last Reply by stew123 1364406455.137 | Started by Lisa Robertson in Beauty Banter, Fashion Talk, Hosts & Personalities

People's roles in society seem to dictate how they "should" dress. So, as the roles of women in our world have changed, how do you bring an element of femininity into the 21st century? This week for The Lisa Robertson Show, we have a number of pieces that usher in femininity in a modern way.   Lace, for example, is something that used to be only feminine, but now it can be a power statement. When lace is used to make a tailored piece like a pencil skirt or a tailored jacket, it says that you can be in charge and still be a woman….that ... Continue Reading

views
replies

Page 11 of 23