Weekend Preview
136 Members and 10775 Guests Online

QVC Host Lisa Robertson's Blog

My Week in LA for Red Carpet Style - Part One

Last Reply by gardensla 1362088824.4 | Started by Lisa Robertson in Beauty Banter, Fashion Talk, All About Accessories

I wanted to share some photos with you from my time in Los Angeles. This is one of two blogs I’ll be posting to give you a glimpse into Red Carpet Week. This blog includes photos starting with my arrival in L.A. on Tuesday and goes through the Red Carpet Style event on Friday evening. Tomorrow, I’ll post photos from my visit to Chaz’s studio and new home, as well as Elton John’s viewing party with my fabulous date, Cameron Silver. It was a busy week, so we split it into two parts. J GOOD MORNING, LOS ANGELES! It was so nice to be able to wake up three hours later (acco... Continue Reading

views
replies

Behind Every Best-Dressed Celebrity Is a...

Last Reply by Chelseakit 1362016882.22 | Started by Lisa Robertson in Fashion Talk, Hosts & Personalities, All About Accessories

How many times have you looked at a celebrity looking all glamorous and perfect and thought, "I wish I had what they have!"?   Well, celebrities are constantly scrutinized for their appearance (and they really feel the pressure!). Looking perfect at every event is something that takes more than a good gene pool and a nice budget. It takes a really good stylist. The top stylists in Hollywood are the ones that don't dictate what a client wears. Instead, they learn their personal style, his or her likes and dislikes, and then they scour the fashion world to find the pie... Continue Reading

views
replies

Runway Recap! See Lisa's Favorite NY Fashion Week Trends for Fall 2013

Last Reply by HBNY74 1363758479.41 | Started by Lisa Robertson in Fashion Talk, Hosts & Personalities, Dennis Basso

Last week, we spent a few days in New York interviewing a number of designers who are creating a lot of buzz in the world of fashion. Spending time with these talented, passionate people makes me excited about fashion! And, it makes me excited about the joy of shopping for that perfect new piece.   This time of year, the designers are in New York to present their new collections. Of course, those collections aren't for Spring and Summer 2013. Instead, they're for fall. (This is traditionally where buyers see the new collections and decide what the... Continue Reading

views
replies

Welcome Spring! See the Trends Before the Fashion Designer Preview

Last Reply by brooklynite4ever 1361229437.07 | Started by Lisa Robertson in Fashion Talk, Hosts & Personalities, All About Accessories

Just in time to rescue us from the gray winter doldrums, we have a Spring Fashion Designer Preview! Yay! While next week is the big week in New York, this Friday night at 9pm ET is the big night at home. We have 2 hours of all new, fun, pretty, girly, spring clothes and I can't wait! I've had enough snow and cold for awhile.   Isaac Mizrahi is bringing his new looks for spring…which includes some beautiful florals, textures, and pretty dresses. He has such a way of bringing American sophistication to fashion with a hint of feminine retro.   Wh... Continue Reading

views
replies

Photos from the Far East: Lisa's Last Photos of Her Trip to Vietnam & Cambodia

Last Reply by FRISCO60 1360165217.837 | Started by Lisa Robertson in Fashion Talk, Hosts & Personalities, All About Accessories

I'm just now getting over jet lag, and definitely still thinking about my trip, so I thought I'd share a few more photos that I didn't put on Facebook.   As I said before, I learned a lot from this trip to Cambodia and Vietnam…about both the history and the people. As human beings, it seems natural to approach our world through an understanding based on comparison. So the more we learn about others, the more we learn about ourselves. It's one of the gifts of travel, or knowledge, however you obtain it.   Cambodia was a country of extreme te... Continue Reading

views
replies

Photos from the Far East: Lisa's Trip to Vietnam & Cambodia Continued

Last Reply by Chye 1359490669.187 | Started by Lisa Robertson in Fashion Talk, Hosts & Personalities, All About Accessories

I'm so happy you enjoyed the photos! Here's the rest, as promised: The weather is perfect and we took a cyclo ride around Hue. This is our guide in Vietnam, Lan. She does a great job and obviously does not lack for personality. Today was nine hours on a motorbike. As my driver Hu said, "Now you see the real Vietnam." I would have to agree with him. There's something about not having a window in between you and the world. Of course, nine hours is a long time and strategic parts of my anatomy are numb, but I'm sure the feeling will come back eventually. We went to see the pal... Continue Reading

views
replies

Photos from the Far East: Lisa's Trip to Vietnam & Cambodia

Last Reply by 1peaches 1359208134.957 | Started by Lisa Robertson in Hosts & Personalities, All About Accessories, All About Shoes

Since so many of you aren't on Facebook, but asked to see my photos, here you are. More to come next week!     We left Hoi An this morning and drove north for five hours to Hue, (pronounced "hway"). This is the view from our drive. It's the highest mountain pass in Vietnam. Beautiful.     This is an example of the houses on stilts on the side of the river in Kompong Khleang.     It's been a busy day in Hoi An. We had lunch in a family restaurant and it was very good. The Vietnamese like to eat what's grown locally. It's brought in from the cou... Continue Reading

views
replies

Off to Vietnam & Cambodia! Follow Lisa on Facebook

Last Reply by naj711 1362595239.853 | Started by Lisa Robertson in Fashion Talk, Hosts & Personalities, All About Accessories

Chào bạn! Apparently that’s hello in Vietnamese. Who knew? I’m leaving for Vietnam and Cambodia in a few days so I’m brushing up on the basic greetings. I’ve got some work to do. I’m so excited—I haven’t visited the Far East for years and I’ve actually never been to either of these countries. I’ve got LOTS to do before I leave (and no, I haven’t even thought about packing.) So, I wanted to log-on and write a quick goodbye and encourage you to stay in touch with me on Facebook…I’ll be posting pictures of... Continue Reading

views
replies

Happy New Year! Lisa's New Year's Resolutions

Last Reply by Carly2005 1360194014.81 | Started by Lisa Robertson in Hosts & Personalities, All About Accessories, Holiday Advice

I know it's a cliché, but I can't believe another year is gone. It went so fast!  Although New Year's is a natural time to get a fresh start, a number of years ago, I quit making resolutions. I would try to make a resolution to eat better, work out more, be more organized, etc., and it would never last. So I figured, "why bother?" But, I think it may be because I was looking at the symptom and not the cause. Maybe I would be better off trying to do something about my attitude.  So this year, instead of focusing on the "trees," I'm going to fo... Continue Reading

views
replies

Get What You Really Wanted this Year! Lisa's Ultimate Treat-Yourself Gifts

Last Reply by stacyeh 1356049189.767 | Started by Lisa Robertson in Hosts & Personalities, Gift Tip Blogs, Holiday Advice

Were you a VERY good girl this year? Did Santa leave some Christmas money in your stocking? Yay! It's a nice little treat to have something to spend on yourself and be able to buy whatever you'd like. Being someone who likes to maximize my funds, I've been putting some thought into the best uses of that money, and thought this list might come in handy.   These are the bangles you live in. They go with everything, slip on and off, and are always sophisticated.   So many of us love our music and have it in our phones now. I love being able to put o... Continue Reading

views
replies

Page 11 of 22