Better Than Black Friday
104 Members and 13843 Guests Online

QVC Host Lisa Robertson's Blog

Layering Pieces: The Secret to a Wardrobe That'll Take You Anywhere

Last Reply by StuffyBug 1366231623.063 | Started by Lisa Robertson in Fashion Talk, Hosts & Personalities, All About Accessories

There are a lot of things about the way we buy clothes that have changed. We used to have separate seasonal wardrobes, but now we look for clothes that work year-round. We used to have "work clothes" and "going out" clothes and "weekend" clothes, but now we look for things that can go anywhere we want to go. Thankfully, there tends to be a more open dress code in many work places. And, we have a lot to do every day. So what it leaves is a lot of room for crossover. Multitasking Wardrobe: Crossover pieces tend to be layering pieces that can be worn casually or formally. It... Continue Reading

views
replies

Global Traveler Style - Lisa Shares her Tips for Packing for Vacation

Last Reply by luvsprettythings 1366468021.713 | Started by Lisa Robertson in Fashion Talk, All About Accessories, All About Shoes

Any day now it’s going to warm up, and we’re going to start thinking of summer vacations. This takes a lot of preparation in the "what am I going to take?" department, doesn’t it? It’s amazing that no matter how concise you think your packing is, you still end up wearing only half of what you brought. One trick to wearing what you pack is to take things you like to wear. I know it seems silly, but if you don't like the T-shirt at home, you probably won't like it on vacation. Finding clothes that you would wear at home and that you can take on vacation is the b... Continue Reading

views
replies

What Does Your Handbag Say About You?

Last Reply by mimistuart 1383543941.19 | Started by Lisa Robertson in Fashion Talk, All About Accessories, All About Handbags

How many times do we say, "Lead with the bag!". The handbag is the most visible accessory we wear, as it's generally the largest. This week we decided to take four of our "Looks" and decide what the bag for each look "says" about the woman wearing it. Hey, maybe we could rename this blog, "The Bag Whisperer." (I hope you know I'm not serious on that one. )   The first look is called "Get the Scoop" and features an orYANY bag—the smallest of the four we're highlighting. It's sleek, clean, and pared down, but has a signature hardware piece in ... Continue Reading

views
replies

Bringing Femininity Into the 21st Century

Last Reply by stew123 1364406455.137 | Started by Lisa Robertson in Beauty Banter, Fashion Talk, Hosts & Personalities

People's roles in society seem to dictate how they "should" dress. So, as the roles of women in our world have changed, how do you bring an element of femininity into the 21st century? This week for The Lisa Robertson Show, we have a number of pieces that usher in femininity in a modern way.   Lace, for example, is something that used to be only feminine, but now it can be a power statement. When lace is used to make a tailored piece like a pencil skirt or a tailored jacket, it says that you can be in charge and still be a woman….that ... Continue Reading

views
replies

10 Ways to Look Thinner (It's All About Illusions!)

Last Reply by susanVT 1370699676.817 | Started by Lisa Robertson in Fashion Talk, Hosts & Personalities, All About Shoes

The constant lament of the vast majority of women is: "If I could only lose a few more pounds!" It doesn't have to be logical or something anyone else sees, but we all seem to feel a more ideal version of ourselves would be a few pounds less. Since there's not a diet that makes us thinner by the time we wake up tomorrow, luckily, we can fake it.   There are tried and true rules for dressing in a way that makes you look slimmer. They're not complicated and they're helpful. I'm sure there are more than what I'm listing here, but this is a good start. ... Continue Reading

views
replies

Season Three of LRS Starts TOMORROW!!

Last Reply by Bren J 1363204646.607 | Started by Lisa Robertson in Fashion Talk, Jewelry Talk, All About Accessories

I am so excited about the start of the third season of The Lisa Robertson Show tomorrow night! So much work has gone into it that it's a little hard to know where to start… But, let's start with trends. You know how much I love neutrals. (Insert your mental response to my dependence on black here. ) One of the biggest trends this season is pairing neutrals together. Black and white and any variation there of, white with tan, any combination of the light neutrals, and black, etc. You get the idea. This trend was made for me! We... Continue Reading

views
replies

My Week in LA for Red Carpet Style - Part 2

Last Reply by QVC4KLE 1364004204.54 | Started by Lisa Robertson in Fashion Talk, All About Accessories, All About Shoes

We had a little free time on Saturday, so we visited Chaz Dean. His puppies go to work with him at his salon. Their fur is so soft you want to cuddle up and use them as a pillow! He was excited, as he’s launching his WEN Pets line this week. This is Hunter; he’s very photogenic! :) Eva (my friend who does my hair and makeup) and Claire (who you may know works with me on Social Media) came as well so they were able to see his salon for the first time. He has redone the whole little complex in the last few years and it’s beautiful.  What a view from the hills near Ch... Continue Reading

views
replies

My Week in LA for Red Carpet Style - Part One

Last Reply by gardensla 1362088824.4 | Started by Lisa Robertson in Beauty Banter, Fashion Talk, All About Accessories

I wanted to share some photos with you from my time in Los Angeles. This is one of two blogs I’ll be posting to give you a glimpse into Red Carpet Week. This blog includes photos starting with my arrival in L.A. on Tuesday and goes through the Red Carpet Style event on Friday evening. Tomorrow, I’ll post photos from my visit to Chaz’s studio and new home, as well as Elton John’s viewing party with my fabulous date, Cameron Silver. It was a busy week, so we split it into two parts. J GOOD MORNING, LOS ANGELES! It was so nice to be able to wake up three hours later (acco... Continue Reading

views
replies

Behind Every Best-Dressed Celebrity Is a...

Last Reply by Chelseakit 1362016882.22 | Started by Lisa Robertson in Fashion Talk, Hosts & Personalities, All About Accessories

How many times have you looked at a celebrity looking all glamorous and perfect and thought, "I wish I had what they have!"?   Well, celebrities are constantly scrutinized for their appearance (and they really feel the pressure!). Looking perfect at every event is something that takes more than a good gene pool and a nice budget. It takes a really good stylist. The top stylists in Hollywood are the ones that don't dictate what a client wears. Instead, they learn their personal style, his or her likes and dislikes, and then they scour the fashion world to find the pie... Continue Reading

views
replies

Runway Recap! See Lisa's Favorite NY Fashion Week Trends for Fall 2013

Last Reply by HBNY74 1363758479.41 | Started by Lisa Robertson in Fashion Talk, Hosts & Personalities, Dennis Basso

Last week, we spent a few days in New York interviewing a number of designers who are creating a lot of buzz in the world of fashion. Spending time with these talented, passionate people makes me excited about fashion! And, it makes me excited about the joy of shopping for that perfect new piece.   This time of year, the designers are in New York to present their new collections. Of course, those collections aren't for Spring and Summer 2013. Instead, they're for fall. (This is traditionally where buyers see the new collections and decide what the... Continue Reading

views
replies

Page 11 of 23