Christmas in July(R) Sale
9 Members and 9852 Guests Online

QVC Host Lisa Robertson's Blog

Baby, It's (Getting) Cold Outside!

Last Reply by paul4me 1355186898.133 | Started by Lisa Robertson in Fashion Talk, Hosts & Personalities, All About Accessories

I have to admit that I'm not a fan of truly cold weather, but enjoying the fashion that goes with the cold makes it something to look forward to.  I'm sure if you're a shopper like me, and I know you are, then getting something really cute to wear for the colder weather will make you smile. I found some of the cutest things on QVC.com that I think you'll love to pick up for yourself or give someone as a gift for the holidays.   A211516 Isaac Mizrahi Live! Cashmere Cardigan There's nothing more luxurious than cashmere, and this is my favorite style, a longer length V-neck. &n... Continue Reading

views
replies

Christmas Is Coming…Let's Get Your Holiday Wardrobe Ready!

Last Reply by evie1 1355371940.927 | Started by Lisa Robertson in Fashion Talk, Hosts & Personalities, All About Accessories

Today, I started getting my Christmas trees out. I know it's crazy early, but I was looking at my schedule and realized that it's going to be a very busy holiday. And, if I don't get started now, I won't get them finished until New Year's!   I think there are a lot of things about the holidays that are better if you get them done early: working on your gift list, decorating, getting a few things to wear for those holiday get-togethers, etc. Starting today, and every week 'til New Year's, I'll be finding 10 things to help you get ready for the holidays. ... Continue Reading

views
replies

My Introduction to Italy and VicenzaGold Jewelry...I Love My Job!

Last Reply by hotdog54 1352946945.477 | Started by Lisa Robertson in Jewelry Talk, Hosts & Personalities, TSV Talk

One of the greatest opportunities I've had with QVC is being able to do the "Live From Vicenza" remotes from Italy for the past 15 years. Did I ever tell you how I lucked in to that? I'd only been with QVC for a couple years (and was very new by the company's standards) when QVC decided to try this new concept of doing a show live from Italy. They had no idea if it would be successful or not, as they had no history with international remotes. But the green light was given and the gold merchandising team knew exactly which host they wanted for the show, as she... Continue Reading

views
replies

How to Sleep Well (Saturday's Sleep Number TSV can help!)

Last Reply by mom2cat 1350103260.787 | Started by Lisa Robertson in For the Home Talk, Hosts & Personalities, TSV Talk

I love my job, but it's h*** on the sleep schedule.  I spend a lot of time figuring out what I am, and what I'm not, willing to do to get enough sleep. Enough sleep can't guarantee a great day, but a lack of sleep can guarantee a miserable one.  Since a regular sleep schedule is not possible with my hours, I've found a number of things that can help.   1. Create a ritual. For a while now, I've been playing a little Sudoku before I go to sleep. Not the really challenging kind, but the kind that's just difficult enough to get me focused so I c... Continue Reading

views
replies

Chaz Dean's (Amazing!) Homemade Chicken and Quinoa Soup

Last Reply by Baby Duke 1364839795.377 | Started by Lisa Robertson in Kitchen & Food Talk, Hosts & Personalities

Last time I was with Chaz getting my hair colored, he was trying to convince me to spend a little more time and get a "Re-Moist Mask" treatment on my hair. (I'm always in a hurry and rushing out before he can even blow dry! ) But this time, he was smart and bribed me with his wonderful Homemade Chicken and Quinoa Soup. It was SO good that I asked if he would share the recipe with us, and he said yes! So here it is; he even shot two short videos to help us out.             Chaz's Homemade Chicken and Quinoa Soup    Ingredients:... Continue Reading

views
replies

We Saved the Best for Last: Join us Friday for The LRS Season 2 Finale

Last Reply by sicountry 1349534882.943 | Started by Lisa Robertson in Fashion Talk, All About Accessories, All About Handbags

I can't believe that this Friday is our last show until next year! (March 8, to be specific!) However, I think we're finishing with a bang.  The show this week could be titled, "Leather & Lace," (move over Stevie Nicks). And, with these being two of the biggest trends for the fall season, we're definitely covering them in this show.    One thing I think every woman would love to have in her wardrobe is luxury leather. Not your basic good value, but a real splurge. There's a reason that high-end European designers make them a sta... Continue Reading

views
replies

Stay In for Fashion's Night Out this Thursday! More Designer Pieces Coming Friday!

Last Reply by obnurse2 1347419017.95 | Started by Lisa Robertson in Fashion Talk, All About Accessories, All About Handbags

The only thing more exciting than being in New York, is being in New York during Fashion Week. Tomorrow night at 9pm ET is our Fashion’s Night Out broadcast live from The Big Apple and I can't wait to show you what your favorite QVC designers have in store. (Luckily, I can show you a few pieces now. Just search “FNO” on QVC.com.)   So who’s coming? Seven amazing designers…Lori Goldstein, Jennifer Hudson, Dennis Basso, Marc Bouwer, Isaac Mizrahi, Nicole Richie, Geren Ford, and Kenneth Jay Lane.   If you’re new to their lines, here's a sta... Continue Reading

views
replies

What are the Biggest Trends for Fall 2012?

Last Reply by ECBG 1352682667.407 | Started by Lisa Robertson in Fashion Talk, Hosts & Personalities, All About Accessories

I can't believe that Monday is Labor Day; I'm not ready for summer to end. I'll really miss my maxi dresses and sandals. But spending a few days in New York last week really made my mouth water for fall fashion!   There are a lot of great trends this season, but I think four of the most important are:   Lace: It's extremely important to add some lace to your wardrobe this fall. There are a lot of ways to do it, but a blouse is probably the easiest. Sheer: The sheer trend continues for fall. Embrace it, but understand it REQUIRES something to be worn... Continue Reading

views
replies

You Are What You Eat: 10 Ways to Maintain a Healthy Diet

Last Reply by Skinny Wraps 1354550498.637 | Started by Lisa Robertson in Health & Fitness, Sports, Hosts & Personalities

"85% of it is diet." Astounding. That's what a trainer told me once about the exercise to diet ratio, and the older I get, the more I'm sure that it's true. I think we all overestimate the calories we burn, and underestimate the calories we eat, so let's talk about the eating. There are so many different eating programs out there it can make your head spin. So which one is right for you? The one you can live with! If it's unhealthy, you can't live with it. If it doesn't take into account your lifestyle and preferences, you can't live with it. So a h... Continue Reading

views
replies

10 Things You Can Do in Your Bedroom

Last Reply by tots 1345674961.19 | Started by Lisa Robertson in Health & Fitness, Sports, Hosts & Personalities

Now that I have your attention, let's chat. Since The Lisa Robertson Show is off this week, I thought we could talk about health, or more specifically, working out, for a change. At the end of the blog, I will give you a 10 moves workout you can easily do in your bedroom (which, of course, is where that title comes in).   But first, here's what I've found to be true about fitness. It doesn't just happen. You have to make it happen. This is a bummer, as I'd love to just wake up one day to find I ran a marathon in my sleep and lost 5 lbs...but no s... Continue Reading

views
replies

Page 11 of 20