TSV(R) Preview
13 Members and 11300 Guests Online

QVC Host Lisa Robertson's Blog

I Went to the Met Gala! Pinch Me!

Last Reply by joesdyna 1338292691.733 | Started by Lisa Robertson in Fashion Talk, All About Accessories, All About Handbags

Last Monday night was the distinguished Met Costume Institute Gala, also known as the “Academy Awards of the East Coast,” which celebrates the opening of The Metropolitan Museum’s annual fashion exhibit. This event is always reserved for the who’s who of the fashion industry and has a guest list that’s hand-picked by Vogue Editor Anna Wintour. Well, I had the incredible honor to attend this year’s ball with two of QVC’s favorite designers, Dennis Basso and Lori Goldstein. (Yes, I’m still in shock. And, yes, I did feel like a princess. )   ... Continue Reading

views
replies

Friday's Topic on LRS: The Wrap Dress

Last Reply by alert 1336632342.593 | Started by Lisa Robertson in Beauty Banter, Fashion Talk, Hosts & Personalities

The "Ladylike" trend is one of the largest fashion influences of the season. But when you look at what "ladylike" means, you realize that every era has its own interpretation. The 1950s and 60s were the epitome of ladylike, with dresses that were fit through the bodice, nipped in at the waist, and had figure-flattering outlines. This type of dress was almost the "uniform" for women for many years. Move on to the 1970s and there was nothing more iconic than the Diane Von Furstenberg wrap dress. She created the first wrap dress in 1974 and, by 1976, sold over a mill... Continue Reading

views
replies

Friday's Topic on LRS: Dress Codes Debunked!

Last Reply by carrico 1336457920.44 | Started by Lisa Robertson in Beauty Banter, Fashion Talk, All About Accessories

I love dressing casually in the summertime. No need to wear a bunch of layers, no need to ever change your flip-flops. So when the "Summer Occasion" rears its ugly head, we're thrown into a tailspin: "Oh no, what am I going to wear?!"   One of my favorite fall-back positions is a maxi dress (and you can check out my ode to this wardrobe essential in one of my recent blogs). Especially if it's a solid color, I can go casual with flip-flops or wear heels and big jewelry to look more important. But unfortunately, the maxi dress won't work f... Continue Reading

views
replies

Friday's Topic on LRS: Spring-to-Summer Transition & Cleaning Out Your Closet

Last Reply by valoriejae 1337040909.273 | Started by Lisa Robertson in Fashion Talk, Hosts & Personalities, All About Accessories

I can't believe it's almost May! I’m just now getting used to putting 2012 on my checks and the year is almost half over. The month of May means we’re finally going to be done with the crazy weather. Soon, it will be all summer all the time. I know some of you industrious souls cleaned out your closets and put away your winter clothes on the first warm day, but for the rest of us; now's the time.  Now, I have to be honest with you, I'm not good at this. It’s a constant struggle for me to get rid of things. But, I’m learning. So, let’s talk it through and hop... Continue Reading

views
replies

This Friday's Topic on LRS: Packing! 10 Questions to Ask Yourself

Last Reply by funblonde 1339515304.753 | Started by Lisa Robertson in Beauty Banter, Fashion Talk, All About Accessories

There are two kinds of travelers in the world: over-packers, those who try to stuff their entire closet into the overhead compartment on the plane, and under-packers, those who head directly to the store once they get to their destination because they don't have what they need. Not only am I a former over-packer, but I was a random over-packer, so I had a suitcase full of nonsense. Nothing ever went together so I was constantly asking myself, "Why did I pack that?"   Ever wonder what fashion designers pack?     I'm proud to say I've come a long way in ... Continue Reading

views
replies

Friday's Topic on LRS: Pay Attention to Details

Last Reply by freddy girl 1345427290.56 | Started by Lisa Robertson in Beauty Banter, Fashion Talk, All About Accessories

I know you’ve heard the saying “it’s the little things” before. But when it comes to looking your best, it really is the little things—the details—that elevate your look. At New York Fashion Week, we saw entire trends inspired around “little things” like buttons ruffles, beading, embroidery…even jewelry. And there isn’t a reputable fashion magazine out there that hasn’t written feature stories on details like finding the right hairstyle or wearing makeup that highlights your best features.   I think women underestimate t... Continue Reading

views
replies

This Week's Topic on LRS: Spring Colors!

Last Reply by !noodles! 1334103337.93 | Started by Lisa Robertson in Beauty Banter, Fashion Talk, All About Accessories

We always talk about the balance in nature, but there's also a balance in fashion. For each trend there's a "counter-trend." For every tight, there's a loose, for every high heel, there's a low, and for every bright, there's a neutral. It's the how you combine the elements and how you finish your look with a specific detail that make your look current and fresh, so there are always options that'll work for you.   This season, the balance comes from bright color blocking and it's counterweighted with light neutrals. I am, of course, drawn to the neutral... Continue Reading

views
replies

Friday's Topic on LRS: Everyday Glamour

Last Reply by gigi815 1335528948.873 | Started by Lisa Robertson in Fashion Talk, Hosts & Personalities, All About Accessories

I think it’s a common misconception that glamour is all about "dressing up." But putting your hair up and wearing something formal isn't the only way to be "glamorous." There are two kinds of glamour: one for the red carpet and one you can incorporate into every day. While red carpet glamour is certainly a lot of fun, (we all love to dress up), everyday glamour is about a finished look you can move in, the details that finish the look, and the way that you feel in it. I guess it's almost more of a "state of grace" kind of effect... Continue Reading

views
replies

Friday's Topic on LRS: West Coast Chic

Last Reply by Yorkigirl 1333124671.12 | Started by Lisa Robertson in Fashion Talk, Hosts & Personalities, All About Accessories

L.A. women have a style all their own. I don't know if it's the great weather, or if there's something in the water, but the women there all have a casual, yet sophisticated point of view. Instead of all black, like New York, (which I'm obviously partial to), it's designer jeans and a T-shirt, or an exotic tunic with skinny jeans.   So much of the West Coast fashion is flowy, effortless, and free-spirited. But, while care-free Californians may embrace a more simplified look, they like to finish it with great accessories. A simp... Continue Reading

views
replies

Friday's Topic on LRS—The Look: "American Woman"

Last Reply by yoyin 1332768298.953 | Started by Lisa Robertson in Fashion Talk, All About Accessories, All About Handbags

When you think of American sophistication and luxury, two designers immediately come to my mind: Ralph Lauren and Michael Kors. These gentleman took the European concept of luxury as a starting point and went on to infuse it with an energy and point of view that makesit uniquely American. I like to think of Ralph Lauren as creating the design heritage, and Michael Kors as making it look like it just got off a private plane.  Their looks are a mix of elements: always elegant, a little unexpected, and never "paint by number." I like to study them, whether I'm wearing them or ... Continue Reading

views
replies

Page 11 of 18