Fall Fashion Clearance
101 Members and 18926 Guests Online

QVC Host Leah Williams

When Is The Last Time A 3-Year-Old Complimented You?

Last Reply by cool grammy 1376167556.69 | Started by Leah Williams in Fashion Talk, All About Accessories, TSV Talk

I should start this blog by saying that whenever I fly, I always wear ballet flats. I have two reasons for this footwear choice -- one, a ballet flat is easy to slip on and off when going through airport security and two, on the long haul across country, they’re comfortable if my feet start to swell in flight. I was standing in the security line at the San Francisco airport on my way back to Pennsylvania after visiting with my family in California this summer. In line in front of me was a man with a little girl who looked to be about three years old -- obviously father and daughter. I... Continue Reading

views
replies

Who Else Wants Great Fall Fashions?

Last Reply by DeborahZ 1376184462.583 | Started by Leah Williams in Fashion Talk, Hosts & Personalities, All About Accessories

The heat of summer may still be upon us, but the call of fall fashion is loud and clear. Just about the time we start to tire of shorts, t-shirts and flip-flops -- along comes the preview of the rich and exciting things we’ll be wearing for fall. We’ll spend 48 hours this weekend on QVC bringing you the latest trends, hottest styles, and best values in Fall Fashions. I don’t know about you, but there’s something kind of fun about wearing my flip-flops while shopping for boots!   Here I am with Women With Control's Renee Greenstein with and a “photo bombing... Continue Reading

views
replies

Leggings Saved The Day!

Last Reply by Lauren, Q Social 1374088391.81 | Started by Leah Williams in Fashion Talk, Hosts & Personalities, TSV Talk

True story -- once when I was shopping on line, I found a really cute printed dress. It came in my size, so I ordered it. I waited for about a week for the dress and when it finally arrived, I was excited. That is, until I pulled it out of the box. I didn’t even need to try it on to know that it was going to be waaaaaay too short on me. Micro-mini was NOT the look I was going for. I was just about to pack up the dress to return it when it hit me -- leggings. Leggings could turn this disaster of a dress into a bona fide outfit. So, I put the dress on and then slipped into a pair of legg... Continue Reading

views
replies

So Long, Anil!

Last Reply by ROMARY 1374021789.847 | Started by Leah Williams in Beauty Banter, Fashion Talk, Hosts & Personalities

Mine is the face you see on AM Style on Saturday mornings, but “it takes a village” to make our show! I am fortunate to work with a dedicated and talented group of people who help make my job easier and infinitely, more fun. If you watch AM Style on a regular basis, you’ve likely heard me refer to, and mention the name, Anil. She’s been the Fashion Stylist for the show for ... well ... many years and I ADORE her!!! When you see the models put together head-to-toe in perfectly coordinated looks, that doesn’t just happen by accident. It’s the job of the st... Continue Reading

views
replies

Sweet Relief

Last Reply by lorav 1372866425.123 | Started by Leah Williams in Hosts & Personalities, TSV Talk

Getting out of an uncomfortable bra at the end of a long day is sweet relief for many of us. That’s part of the reason Stella Riches created the Genie Bra. She just knew there had to be something more comfortable. She also wanted to create a bra that gave seamless support and a flattering shape. I don’t mind sharing that I’m a 38DD and my “girls” need support. There are definitely times when I want the structure of an underwire, but when I want comfort and soft support, the Genie Bra is great. Since its debut, over four million Genie Bras have been ordered fro... Continue Reading

views
replies

YIKES ... my foundation doesn’t match my skin tone.

Last Reply by shelly 62 1371854809.337 | Started by Leah Williams in Beauty Banter, Fashion Talk, Hosts & Personalities

I think we have all been there. You catch a glimpse of yourself in natural light and realize the foundation you thought was your perfect shade wasn’t a match at all, and I am no different. I’ve tried foundations that made me look orange, made me look like a ghost, made me look dusty and like I needed a good scrub. When it comes to getting the color right, I’ve been told to match my chin, my cheeks, even the inside of my arm. Over the years, I’ve even had a few people suggest I go a shade lighter than my complexion--still, others said to go a shade darker than my com... Continue Reading

views
replies

It Must Be The Pisces In Me - Where Do You Like To Vacation?

Last Reply by lOVETOSHOP 1370225182.41 | Started by Leah Williams in For the Home Talk, Hosts & Personalities, TSV Talk

It hits me every year, right around this time... the vacation itch! That longing to travel someplace relaxing, peaceful and definitely near water. It never really dawned on me that every getaway I’ve taken over the last several years has been somewhere near a spectacular water site. Sometimes it’s an incredible man-made water display like the fountains at the Bellagio in Las Vegas: Sometimes it’s the charm of the beach at Martha’s Vineyard: There’s just something about water that helps “make” a vacation for me. I’m currently planning this... Continue Reading

views
replies

Swim Style

Last Reply by hopi 1371443971.147 | Started by Leah Williams in Hosts & Personalities, TSV Talk

Raise your hand if you love shopping! Now, raise your hand is you love swimsuit shopping! If you snatched your hand down faster than a turkey in November, you’re not alone. Swimsuit shopping can cause fear and dread in even the most confident women.     A few years back there was a study that found that women would rather walk on hot coals than wear a swimsuit. But swimsuit season doesn’t have to be an ordeal. There are a few simple things to keep in mind. Play up your assets -- draw attention to the body parts that you like, and divert attention from the ones that y... Continue Reading

views
replies

Locks Of Love - Have You Ever Donated?

Last Reply by momtorachel 1368728975.493 | Started by Leah Williams in Beauty Banter, Fashion Talk, Hosts & Personalities

When AM Style model, Colleen asked if I would mention Locks of Love in my blog, the answer was a resounding, "YES"! If you watch our Saturday morning show you know that Colleen is the fun-loving, blue eyed, brunette with a spunky spirit, quick wit and friendly smile. She is also a person with a generous heart. She has been growing her hair to donate so that children can benefit through Locks of Love. The following is what Colleen wanted to share with you, and I’m happy to help. Read on... Hi Leah, I hope you will consider mentioning Locks of Love in your blog. I would really appreciate... Continue Reading

views
replies

Make It A “Look” -- Accessories

Last Reply by watsoca 1376143619.59 | Started by Leah Williams in Fashion Talk, Hosts & Personalities, All About Accessories

I was very deliberate when I put my outfit together for lunch with girlfriends this week. I knew I wanted to wear a necklace I got at "Send The Trend". Like most of us, I understand the power of accessories. They communicate so much more than our personal style. They can define an occasion -- casual vs. dressy. They can create a mood -- pearls for “classic”, studded leather for “rock and roll”. Accessories can capture a trend, convey a level of status, evoke an era, and transform and outfit into a “look”. What’s a “look”? A “look&r... Continue Reading

views
replies

Page 7 of 15