Spring Fashion Days
119 Members and 14731 Guests Online

QVC Host Leah Williams

Comfort Food In More Ways Than One!

Last Reply by noisy 1390828180.39 | Started by Leah Williams in Kitchen & Food Talk, Recipe Swap, Hosts & Personalities

When I was twelve my Grandma Williams gave me a complete cooking set-up for Christmas. She filled a huge box with all sorts of things a budding cook would need -- bowls and spoons, measuring cups and basting brushes. She included rolling pins and cookie cutters. I think my box even had an apron -- it was the 70s after all, and my grandmother always wore an apron when she cooked. But the crowning glory of the box was “The Complete Family Cookbook”. It was one of those, “build-a-book” deals where you received a new section until the entire cookbook was complete. My grand... Continue Reading

views
replies

How Will You Help?

Last Reply by DING 1390096741.79 | Started by Leah Williams in Beauty Banter, Hosts & Personalities, Among Friends

Dr. Martin Luther King once said, “Life’s most persistent and urgent question is: “What are you doing for others?” The national holiday to celebrate Dr. King’s life and legacy has also become an opportunity to serve our neighbors and communities. So in honor of “Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service”, I thought we could all share ideas for ways that we can volunteer to help others. Here are just a few ideas: Hunger Relief -- volunteer at a local food bank Housing -- volunteer to build houses to help end homelessness Elderly -- visit a rest home o... Continue Reading

views
replies

Do Your Shoes Say Ginger or Maryann?

Last Reply by juliekayh 1391478852.1 | Started by Leah Williams in Hosts & Personalities, All About Shoes, TSV Talk

Cute shoes don’t have to be sky-high and painful, and a cushioned footbed doesn’t mean you’ve thrown in the fashion towel. Sensible shoes are making a comeback! And if you thought you had to make a choice between “sensible” and “stylish” -- think again. The new TSV from Earth Origins is called Swirl! It’s a T-Strap Mary Jane. The suede upper, cut-out detail, and foot-flattering design is all about fashion. But the wellness-based construction provides foot comfort that will keep you feeling good no matter how long you’re on your feet. A &l... Continue Reading

views
replies

National Book Blitz Month

Last Reply by WVP 1389885131.74 | Started by Leah Williams in For the Home Talk, Hosts & Personalities, Among Friends

There’s something about a “book”. Don’t get me wrong, tablets and audio books are fine. But there’s just something about a physical, turn-the-page, dog-earable, printed “book”. January is National Book Blitz Month, a nationwide campaign to get people to read more. So I thought it was the perfect time to pull out one of my favorites to read again. I decided on Song of Solomon, by Toni Morrison. It is a powerful, engaging, unforgettable novel. And the great thing about re-reading a great story is that there is always something new to discover. I&rsq... Continue Reading

views
replies

My Favorite Photo Of The Year!

Last Reply by LGeving 1389287634.603 | Started by Leah Williams in For the Home Talk, Hosts & Personalities, Among Friends

With the snow storm and the short week, I didn’t have time to complete the blog I had originally planned for this week. (Be sure to check next week -- it’s about books!) So I thought I’d keep it simple and share what turned out to be my absolute favorite picture of the year. It’s a picture of my three nephews; Andrew, a high school sophomore; Blake, a college sophomore; and William, second grade. It was taken last week at Christmas! Can you tell how much the little one is happy to be hanging out with the big ones? :-) My nephews; Andrew, Blake and William It was a ... Continue Reading

views
replies

A Tribute To Our Friend, Barry Ort.

Last Reply by luvsiamese 1392832370.847 | Started by Leah Williams in Fashion Talk, Jewelry Talk, Hosts & Personalities

It’s the end of December and I had originally planned to write a top 10 list. You know...the obligatory chronicling of the important and not so important events of the past year. But then I heard about the passing of my friend, Barry Ort. And I thought about how my year started -- with him. With Barry at the 2013 Inaugural Ball It was January, just after the Presidential election, and Barry had invited a select few of his “girls” to attend one of the Inaugural Balls in Washington D.C. I wasn’t originally planning to go, but a change in my schedule made it possible. ... Continue Reading

views
replies

Tea Anyone?

Last Reply by hummingbirdd 1393429550.377 | Started by Leah Williams in Kitchen & Food Talk, Hosts & Personalities, Holiday Advice

I was invited to a delightful Christmas Tea. A place card for me at the table It was a gathering of ladies to celebrate the holiday season. I met new friends, and enjoyed a wonderful afternoon of laughter and great conversation. My new friends, Cynthia and Claudia The celebration included a variety of teas and delicious refreshments. Refreshments We participated in a fun Pollyanna gift exchange. Pollyanna Gift Table The gifts I received (snowman candle holder and candles, and other goodies) And, at the end of the event, everyone received empowering quotes to inspire and enco... Continue Reading

views
replies

Fashionable Hand-made Decorations

Last Reply by Cat Fan 1387162027.02 | Started by Leah Williams in Fashion Talk, Hosts & Personalities, Holiday Advice

Every year the AM Style team participates in a Christmas Craft of some type. It’s a fun way for us to get creative and celebrate the holiday season as a team. In the past we’ve baked cookies, decorated stockings, made wreaths and decorated mini trees. I decorated my mini tree with hand-made origami dresses since I love fashion so much. And since we'll kick off this year's Christmas craft tomorrow, I thought I would show you those ornaments below. I crafted mini hangers from paper clips. I was even able to find teeny-tiny clothes pins in green and red. I used wrapping paper to ma... Continue Reading

views
replies

Why Does Dennis Basso Wear Blue Jeans For AM Style?

Last Reply by Dior 1388888810.24 | Started by Leah Williams in Fashion Talk, Hosts & Personalities, TSV Talk

I have a lot of Dennis Basso “stories”. With his larger-than-life personality and infectious enthusiasm, there have been many memorable moments. But my favorite Dennis anecdote is this one... For years, Dennis had been a frequent guest on AM Style. Always appearing on air impeccably dressed in a suit and tie. I never gave much thought to the fact that, in order to arrive on time for our early morning show, he traveled by car from New York City in the wee hours. As you might expect, for the drive down, he wore his comfy clothes -- sweat pants. Driving from NY to QVC One particu... Continue Reading

views
replies

Crunchy Cranberry Granola

Last Reply by linzmom2 1386373079.2 | Started by Leah Williams in Kitchen & Food Talk, Recipe Swap, Hosts & Personalities

After you’ve had your fill of turkey and stuffing, you might be ready to lighten up. Granola is great as cereal but it’s also delicious as a crunchy snack. I think homemade granola is the best. This recipe is yummy, and really easy to make. It also makes great gifts when packed into cello bags and tied with ribbon. If you have any left over, just store it in an airtight container like lock & lock (K39435). Enjoy!   Crunchy Cranberry Granola 1 1/2 cup light brown sugar 1/2 cup water 4 teaspoons vanilla extract 1 teaspoon salt 8 cups rolled oats 2 cups chopped wal... Continue Reading

views
replies

Page 7 of 17