Just-Reduced Clearance
122 Members and 18776 Guests Online

QVC Host Leah Williams

A Tribute To Our Friend, Barry Ort.

Last Reply by luvsiamese 1392832370.847 | Started by Leah Williams in Fashion Talk, Jewelry Talk, Hosts & Personalities

It’s the end of December and I had originally planned to write a top 10 list. You know...the obligatory chronicling of the important and not so important events of the past year. But then I heard about the passing of my friend, Barry Ort. And I thought about how my year started -- with him. With Barry at the 2013 Inaugural Ball It was January, just after the Presidential election, and Barry had invited a select few of his “girls” to attend one of the Inaugural Balls in Washington D.C. I wasn’t originally planning to go, but a change in my schedule made it possible. ... Continue Reading

views
replies

Tea Anyone?

Last Reply by hummingbirdd 1393429550.377 | Started by Leah Williams in Kitchen & Food Talk, Hosts & Personalities, Holiday Advice

I was invited to a delightful Christmas Tea. A place card for me at the table It was a gathering of ladies to celebrate the holiday season. I met new friends, and enjoyed a wonderful afternoon of laughter and great conversation. My new friends, Cynthia and Claudia The celebration included a variety of teas and delicious refreshments. Refreshments We participated in a fun Pollyanna gift exchange. Pollyanna Gift Table The gifts I received (snowman candle holder and candles, and other goodies) And, at the end of the event, everyone received empowering quotes to inspire and enco... Continue Reading

views
replies

Fashionable Hand-made Decorations

Last Reply by Cat Fan 1387162027.02 | Started by Leah Williams in Fashion Talk, Hosts & Personalities, Holiday Advice

Every year the AM Style team participates in a Christmas Craft of some type. It’s a fun way for us to get creative and celebrate the holiday season as a team. In the past we’ve baked cookies, decorated stockings, made wreaths and decorated mini trees. I decorated my mini tree with hand-made origami dresses since I love fashion so much. And since we'll kick off this year's Christmas craft tomorrow, I thought I would show you those ornaments below. I crafted mini hangers from paper clips. I was even able to find teeny-tiny clothes pins in green and red. I used wrapping paper to ma... Continue Reading

views
replies

Why Does Dennis Basso Wear Blue Jeans For AM Style?

Last Reply by Dior 1388888810.24 | Started by Leah Williams in Fashion Talk, Hosts & Personalities, TSV Talk

I have a lot of Dennis Basso “stories”. With his larger-than-life personality and infectious enthusiasm, there have been many memorable moments. But my favorite Dennis anecdote is this one... For years, Dennis had been a frequent guest on AM Style. Always appearing on air impeccably dressed in a suit and tie. I never gave much thought to the fact that, in order to arrive on time for our early morning show, he traveled by car from New York City in the wee hours. As you might expect, for the drive down, he wore his comfy clothes -- sweat pants. Driving from NY to QVC One particu... Continue Reading

views
replies

Crunchy Cranberry Granola

Last Reply by linzmom2 1386373079.2 | Started by Leah Williams in Kitchen & Food Talk, Recipe Swap, Hosts & Personalities

After you’ve had your fill of turkey and stuffing, you might be ready to lighten up. Granola is great as cereal but it’s also delicious as a crunchy snack. I think homemade granola is the best. This recipe is yummy, and really easy to make. It also makes great gifts when packed into cello bags and tied with ribbon. If you have any left over, just store it in an airtight container like lock & lock (K39435). Enjoy!   Crunchy Cranberry Granola 1 1/2 cup light brown sugar 1/2 cup water 4 teaspoons vanilla extract 1 teaspoon salt 8 cups rolled oats 2 cups chopped wal... Continue Reading

views
replies

Fireside Hot Cocoa

Last Reply by reGINA 1388850037.493 | Started by Leah Williams in Kitchen & Food Talk, Recipe Swap, Hosts & Personalities

The forecast for most of the country is chilly this Thanksgiving. A great way to chase away the cold is to wrap your hands around a cozy cup of cocoa in front of the fireplace. This cocoa beats store bought any time! Enjoy! Fireside Hot Cocoa 1/3 cup cocoa powder 1/3 cup granulated sugar 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon 1 pinch of salt 1/2 cup of water 3 cups milk 1/2 teaspoon vanilla marshmallow cream (aka fluff)   In a medium saucepan mix cocoa, sugar, cinnamon, salt and water. Bring to a slow boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute. Stir in milk and heat until hot (do not boil). ... Continue Reading

views
replies

Make A Splash!

Last Reply by LadyJ12 1384623683.667 | Started by Leah Williams in Hosts & Personalities, All About Handbags, TSV Talk

I love a red bag for the "pop" it adds to an outfit. With neutrals, it's an unexpected surprise. With classics like black, white or navy, it's a bold contrast. I have red bags in my personal wardrobe which range from "fire engine" to "Zinfandel". Red is definitely an attention-grabbing color -- so grab your red bag and make a splash!   Be sure to check out the red bags during Dooney Days when everything is on EZ pay, and don't forget the Today's Special Value tonight at midnight. Enjoy! Leah Continue Reading

views
replies

Pancakes, Anyone?!

Last Reply by cjb5 1393466369.627 | Started by Leah Williams in Kitchen & Food Talk, Recipe Swap, Hosts & Personalities

Earlier this year while I was on vacation, I had the best pancakes I had ever eaten. They were light and fluffy with just the right buttery, but not-too-sweet taste. My pancake breakfast at the hotel on vacation Those pancakes were clearly not from a box, so I set about trying to recreate the recipe. I tried several different ones. Some were too thick, some were too salty, some were too dry. I finally stumbled on a recipe that came pretty close to those pancakes that I had on vacation. Since it’s the weekend, I thought I’d share the recipe with you. Pancakes and AM Style sounds... Continue Reading

views
replies

H.R.I.'s! - What Do You Think My Acronym Means?

Last Reply by Megsali 1383951432.297 | Started by Leah Williams in Beauty Banter, Fashion Talk, Hosts & Personalities

Within any given season, there are certain items in my wardrobe that get a lot of wear. I call them H.R.I.'s -- “Heavy Rotation Items”. They are the pieces in my closet that make it into the heavy rotation because, they’re versatile, appropriate, mix easily with other things, and I like the way they work for me. Now that November is here and transition dressing has morphed into full blown fall, I thought I’d share the handful of items that are my current H.R.I.'s. Black Short Sleeve Turtleneck -- Do I even need to explain?    Animal Print Pencil Skirt -- I ... Continue Reading

views
replies

Calling All Bison! What's Your Alma Mater?

Last Reply by vabreeze 1383365459.06 | Started by Leah Williams in Beauty Banter, Fashion Talk, Hosts & Personalities

It’s homecoming week at my Alma Mater. It’s hard to believe it’s been 30 years since I graduated from Howard University. Kim and me graduation day 1983 I found a post card that I wrote to my grandparents my first week at college. I wrote that “I liked my classes...” and that I “met a lot of nice people from all over the United States”. Washington, D.C. felt like I was a world away because I’d never been that far from home before. Post card to grandparents 1979 But it wasn’t long before I made new friends that I would have for a life... Continue Reading

views
replies

Page 7 of 17