Better Than Black Friday
12 Members and 13969 Guests Online

QVC Host Leah Williams

Crunchy Cranberry Granola

Last Reply by linzmom2 1386373079.2 | Started by Leah Williams in Kitchen & Food Talk, Recipe Swap, Hosts & Personalities

After you’ve had your fill of turkey and stuffing, you might be ready to lighten up. Granola is great as cereal but it’s also delicious as a crunchy snack. I think homemade granola is the best. This recipe is yummy, and really easy to make. It also makes great gifts when packed into cello bags and tied with ribbon. If you have any left over, just store it in an airtight container like lock & lock (K39435). Enjoy!   Crunchy Cranberry Granola 1 1/2 cup light brown sugar 1/2 cup water 4 teaspoons vanilla extract 1 teaspoon salt 8 cups rolled oats 2 cups chopped wal... Continue Reading

views
replies

Fireside Hot Cocoa

Last Reply by reGINA 1388850037.493 | Started by Leah Williams in Kitchen & Food Talk, Recipe Swap, Hosts & Personalities

The forecast for most of the country is chilly this Thanksgiving. A great way to chase away the cold is to wrap your hands around a cozy cup of cocoa in front of the fireplace. This cocoa beats store bought any time! Enjoy! Fireside Hot Cocoa 1/3 cup cocoa powder 1/3 cup granulated sugar 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon 1 pinch of salt 1/2 cup of water 3 cups milk 1/2 teaspoon vanilla marshmallow cream (aka fluff)   In a medium saucepan mix cocoa, sugar, cinnamon, salt and water. Bring to a slow boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute. Stir in milk and heat until hot (do not boil). ... Continue Reading

views
replies

In Celebration Of National Peanut Butter Month

Last Reply by hopi 1415452189.22 | Started by Leah Williams in Kitchen & Food Talk, Cookie Exchange, Hosts & Personalities

Did you know November is "National Peanut Butter" Month? I know, I know... it’s surely some marketing gimmick crafted by the peanut butter industry. But I enjoy peanut butter, so I’m ok with a little PB self promotion. How about you? Are you a fan of peanut butter? I thought it would be fun to take a poll to see what tops the list of peanut butter favorites. And for good measure, I included the easiest peanut butter cookie recipe ever. If you have peanut butter and fifteen minutes, you’re golden!   // Leah :-) // ]] <a href="http://polldaddy.... Continue Reading

views
replies

Make A Splash!

Last Reply by LadyJ12 1384623683.667 | Started by Leah Williams in Hosts & Personalities, All About Handbags, TSV Talk

I love a red bag for the "pop" it adds to an outfit. With neutrals, it's an unexpected surprise. With classics like black, white or navy, it's a bold contrast. I have red bags in my personal wardrobe which range from "fire engine" to "Zinfandel". Red is definitely an attention-grabbing color -- so grab your red bag and make a splash!   Be sure to check out the red bags during Dooney Days when everything is on EZ pay, and don't forget the Today's Special Value tonight at midnight. Enjoy! Leah Continue Reading

views
replies

Pancakes, Anyone?!

Last Reply by cjb5 1393466369.627 | Started by Leah Williams in Kitchen & Food Talk, Recipe Swap, Hosts & Personalities

Earlier this year while I was on vacation, I had the best pancakes I had ever eaten. They were light and fluffy with just the right buttery, but not-too-sweet taste. My pancake breakfast at the hotel on vacation Those pancakes were clearly not from a box, so I set about trying to recreate the recipe. I tried several different ones. Some were too thick, some were too salty, some were too dry. I finally stumbled on a recipe that came pretty close to those pancakes that I had on vacation. Since it’s the weekend, I thought I’d share the recipe with you. Pancakes and AM Style sounds... Continue Reading

views
replies

H.R.I.'s! - What Do You Think My Acronym Means?

Last Reply by Megsali 1383951432.297 | Started by Leah Williams in Beauty Banter, Fashion Talk, Hosts & Personalities

Within any given season, there are certain items in my wardrobe that get a lot of wear. I call them H.R.I.'s -- “Heavy Rotation Items”. They are the pieces in my closet that make it into the heavy rotation because, they’re versatile, appropriate, mix easily with other things, and I like the way they work for me. Now that November is here and transition dressing has morphed into full blown fall, I thought I’d share the handful of items that are my current H.R.I.'s. Black Short Sleeve Turtleneck -- Do I even need to explain?    Animal Print Pencil Skirt -- I ... Continue Reading

views
replies

Calling All Bison! What's Your Alma Mater?

Last Reply by vabreeze 1383365459.06 | Started by Leah Williams in Beauty Banter, Fashion Talk, Hosts & Personalities

It’s homecoming week at my Alma Mater. It’s hard to believe it’s been 30 years since I graduated from Howard University. Kim and me graduation day 1983 I found a post card that I wrote to my grandparents my first week at college. I wrote that “I liked my classes...” and that I “met a lot of nice people from all over the United States”. Washington, D.C. felt like I was a world away because I’d never been that far from home before. Post card to grandparents 1979 But it wasn’t long before I made new friends that I would have for a life... Continue Reading

views
replies

Where Would You Take Flat Stanley?

Last Reply by sugarbabe3 1385215204.86 | Started by Leah Williams in Beauty Banter, Hosts & Personalities, Among Friends

My 7-year-old nephew sent me a Flat Stanley! If you don't know the story, it's a book about a boy who gets flattened by a bulletin board and gets mailed away on adventures. My nephew's 2nd grade class just finished the book and they mailed their own Flat Stanley's as a class assignment. My task? -- return Flat Stanley to the class with proof of his adventures in Philadelphia. So, I took him to Independence Hall, the birthplace of the United States!   Where would you send Flat Stanley on an adventure?See you in the morning!Leah  Continue Reading

views
replies

Roll Out The "Pink" Carpet

Last Reply by delaney 1381113154.977 | Started by Leah Williams in Hosts & Personalities, Among Friends, All About Shoes

Did you know over the last two decades FFANY (The Fashion Footwear Association of New York) raised over 40 million dollars for Breast Cancer Awareness and Research? Each year they host a gala and this year marked its 20th Anniversary. It was held at the magnificent Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in New York City and because of my new, "Leah Loves Shoes" show, I was honored with an invitation.   I had the opportunity to meet many survivors and supporters. The event included a "Shoe Salon" filled with amazing shoes for sale with the proceeds to benefit FFANY's efforts. The entire evening was a s... Continue Reading

views
replies

Picasso?! - Have You Tried A New Hobby Lately?

Last Reply by Puppeteer51 1380329460.92 | Started by Leah Williams in Beauty Banter, Hosts & Personalities, Among Friends

I joined my friends Jayne and Barb at a place called 'Painting with A Twist'. It's a studio where you paint your own "masterpieces" even if you've never painted before. We had a fun time and I think our paintings turned out pretty well! :-)           What do you think? Have you tried something new lately? I'm always interested in learning what others are doing and always open to new ideas. Warmest wishes! Leah Continue Reading

views
replies

Page 7 of 16