Share the Love
133 Members and 15621 Guests Online

QVC Host Leah Williams

Excuse Me Miss... I Mean Ma’am

Last Reply by scotlassie 1353359048.667 | Started by Leah Williams in Fashion Talk, All About Accessories

I occasionally do a double-take when someone calls me ma’am. “Me? I know I’m no spring chicken, but ma’am -- really?” Still, the fact that I use a phrase like “spring chicken” probably solidifies my status as a ma’am. And that’s just fine! Some of my girlfriends and I were laughing over lunch recently about the transition to ma’am. At our age, who we’re talking to determines our station. To the nice kid who bags my groceries, I’m a “ma’am”. To the white-haired man who’s owned the shoe repair shop f... Continue Reading

views
replies

Did You Say Dungarees?

Last Reply by Lilland 1353941514.863 | Started by Leah Williams in Fashion Talk, Denim & Co

When I met my friend Allison my first day at college, I was fascinated by her big city wardrobe, and her vocabulary. She was from New York city and I was from central California, and words that we used were definitely different. I’m not talking about words that any good college freshman should know in order to successfully matriculate. I’m talking about terms that we used for everyday things like jeans. I thought she was kidding when she asked if I was wearing “dungarees” to a party. Did this girl really just say “dungarees?” To me, they were “jeans&rd... Continue Reading

views
replies

Price Check!

Last Reply by Droid 1351036800.713 | Started by Leah Williams in Fashion Talk, All About Accessories

I once saw a funny greeting card. It had a cartoon of a check-out clerk at his register screaming “PRICE CHECK!” The gag was, he was a checker at the dollar store. Get it... he needed a price check at the $1 dollar store. I love the dollar store! It’s like a treasure hunt. You never know what you’ll find. Some of my favorite dollar store staples are office supplies like notepads and pens, and crafting and party supplies like papers and balloons. But you can also stumble onto some random items you didn’t even know that you needed. I found a combination lock once, ... Continue Reading

views
replies

Good Day, Bad Hair

Last Reply by qualitygal 1350250857.78 | Started by Leah Williams in Fashion Talk

Hair horror stories - we all have them. One of my all-time worst hair disasters happened in college. I was a student on a budget, and the budget did not include salon visits. So when I got it into my head that I wanted the henna red, asymmetric hair cut that was popular in the early eighties (think Salt n Pepa back in the day), I would have to do it myself. How hard could it be? Color, cut at an angle, and voila! I’m rocking the fierce asymmetric bob. Things started off well enough. I followed the directions with my do-it-yourself hair color kit. It wasn’t exactly the shade I was ... Continue Reading

views
replies

Daily Dressing...

Last Reply by MissBunnyCakes 1350737086.297 | Started by Leah Williams in Fashion Talk, Hosts & Personalities, All About Accessories

I was up way too late one night this week. The reason? I couldn’t decide on an outfit for work the following day. That’s right -- I typically choose my outfits the night before. I don’t just choose them--I try them on and then lay them out complete with accompanying accessories. I occasionally change my mind after I’ve finally made a decision. And then I have to come up with another outfit and start all over again. I know... it’s a bit much. But it got me thinking -- am I unusual in my wardrobe prep, or are there throngs of women who will choose tomorrow’... Continue Reading

views
replies

Adorable Adornment - Accessories Head to Toe!

Last Reply by ThousandOaks 1347847017.093 | Started by Leah Williams in Fashion Talk, All About Accessories

I love the line Olympia Dukakis delivers in Steel Magnolias about being separated from the  animals by our ability to accessorize. While that sentiment might be a bit dramatic, there’s no denying it - accessories can add flair, style, color, and personality to any outfit. The right scarf, belt, necklace, hat, shoe or handbag can “zhuzh” a look in an instant. It can be the difference between “ho-hum” and “home-run”! And the fun about where we are in the evolution of fashion right now is... the more accent pieces, the better! I keep my fashion... Continue Reading

views
replies

We Are Family...

Last Reply by mamajell 1347713025.093 | Started by Leah Williams in Fashion Talk, All About Accessories

“We Are Family” is a song that most everyone of a certain age knows. It was a hit for Sister Sledge in 1979. If you try, I’ll bet you can hum the melody and probably even sing a few verses. “We are family, I’ve got all my sisters with me.” Now, imagine a six-year-old singing karaoke with his fifty-year-old aunt to the track of that thirty-year-old song. Well, that was just one of the delightful moments from my family’s reunion last month! Family is the most important thing, and there is nothing better than coming together to celebra... Continue Reading

views
replies

On The Job

Last Reply by DebiA 1346515098.493 | Started by Leah Williams in Fashion Talk, All About Accessories

It’s well known that Mike Rowe, the host of the Dirty Jobs show, used to be a host on QVC. I’ve never met him -- his tenure was before my time, but he has said that QVC was his first job in television. It was mine too! But before I found myself here, I had a few other jobs along the way. In honor of Labor Day, I thought it would be fun to play a little “Guess Who” game with the AM Style gang. I’ve asked our models and guests about some of their former jobs. The work experience among them has been, well... interesting. Photo: Fast asleep and still in my uniform... Continue Reading

views
replies

You Haul - Beauty's Best!

Last Reply by JAW429 1352751116.05 | Started by Leah Williams in Fashion Talk

When I say “haul” what comes to mind? If you’re thinking of the verb meaning to drag, pull or tow something, then you haven’t seen YouTube lately. The “haul” or more accurately, the “haul video” has become quite a phenomenon. A haul is a bounty of products purchased or acquired, and a haul video is a showcase of shopping conquests. There are haul videos for fashion and for scrapbooking and crafts. There are hauls from certain stores and and for specific brands. There are even hauls for seasons and events like “fall” and “back-... Continue Reading

views
replies

The Airplane Door Was Closing and I had Seconds to Spare...

Last Reply by hopi 1345565813.107 | Started by Leah Williams in Fashion Talk

My nephew is headed to college and texted to ask if I would order a blender for him for his new apartment. He’s an athlete and power smoothies are apparently a daily staple. Anyway, I was happy to help. The only problem was, the blender he wanted was the TSV (Today’s Special Value), and I got his message while I was on board a plane leaving for vacation. I didn’t have the option of waiting until I returned home to place the order because I wanted the TSV price, and we were seconds away from the flight attendant instructing everyone to turn off their electronic devices. Sma... Continue Reading

views
replies

Page 7 of 12