TSV(R) Preview
92 Members and 14321 Guests Online

QVC Host Leah Williams

Where Would You Take Flat Stanley?

Last Reply by sugarbabe3 1385215204.86 | Started by Leah Williams in Beauty Banter, Hosts & Personalities, Among Friends

My 7-year-old nephew sent me a Flat Stanley! If you don't know the story, it's a book about a boy who gets flattened by a bulletin board and gets mailed away on adventures. My nephew's 2nd grade class just finished the book and they mailed their own Flat Stanley's as a class assignment. My task? -- return Flat Stanley to the class with proof of his adventures in Philadelphia. So, I took him to Independence Hall, the birthplace of the United States!   Where would you send Flat Stanley on an adventure?See you in the morning!Leah  Continue Reading

views
replies

Roll Out The "Pink" Carpet

Last Reply by delaney 1381113154.977 | Started by Leah Williams in Hosts & Personalities, Among Friends, All About Shoes

Did you know over the last two decades FFANY (The Fashion Footwear Association of New York) raised over 40 million dollars for Breast Cancer Awareness and Research? Each year they host a gala and this year marked its 20th Anniversary. It was held at the magnificent Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in New York City and because of my new, "Leah Loves Shoes" show, I was honored with an invitation.   I had the opportunity to meet many survivors and supporters. The event included a "Shoe Salon" filled with amazing shoes for sale with the proceeds to benefit FFANY's efforts. The entire evening was a s... Continue Reading

views
replies

Picasso?! - Have You Tried A New Hobby Lately?

Last Reply by Puppeteer51 1380329460.92 | Started by Leah Williams in Beauty Banter, Hosts & Personalities, Among Friends

I joined my friends Jayne and Barb at a place called 'Painting with A Twist'. It's a studio where you paint your own "masterpieces" even if you've never painted before. We had a fun time and I think our paintings turned out pretty well! :-)           What do you think? Have you tried something new lately? I'm always interested in learning what others are doing and always open to new ideas. Warmest wishes! Leah Continue Reading

views
replies

"Dreakfast": Crepe-ellas And Crepe-ons! Breakfast For Dinner Anyone?

Last Reply by whitleyk68 1385222074.637 | Started by Leah Williams in Kitchen & Food Talk, Recipe Swap, Hosts & Personalities

My 7-year old nephew wanted a special meal when I was visiting earlier this week, which he so aptly named, “Dreakfast”. That’s what he calls it when he gets to have “breakfast” food for “dinner”. What he wanted for "Dreakfast" was crepes -- made with his own special ingredients from a recipe that my sister concocted. So, I went to the kitchen and helped make them. It turns out, a Dreakfast of Crepe-ellas and Crepe-ons is pretty good! Crepe Recipe 2 cups flour 2 cups whole milk 3 eggs 3 tablespoons canola oil (or butter) 1 tablespoon s... Continue Reading

views
replies

What Is Your Favorite Way to Sport A Scarf?

Last Reply by emme33 1380978231.01 | Started by Leah Williams in Fashion Talk, Hosts & Personalities, All About Accessories

I LOVE my Marvelush scarf! It is so soft and cozy. I sure wish you could touch it through the screen, as it is almost impossible to describe just how soft the material feels. Here's a close-up picture to give you somewhat of an idea.     I always have a lot of fun deciding how to wear my scarves. Sometimes I'll wear them wrapped tightly around my neck with my winter coat -- other times I'll wear them draped loosely over a sweater or a shirt to add a pop of color. I’ve done the “euro-knot” and the “ascot”, and the simple “loop” is often m... Continue Reading

views
replies

Cooking on Q - Sharing A Recipe With You! - Chicken Salad, Anyone?!

Last Reply by irishalo 1379172564.933 | Started by Leah Williams in Kitchen & Food Talk, Recipe Swap, Hosts & Personalities

Today’s Cooking on Q event has me thinking about trying a few new recipes and revisiting a few “old” ones. Here is one of my recipes from many, many years ago. It was featured in our "Best of the Best from QVC Cookbook" we offered over ten years ago. It is no longer in print, but I will gladly share my contribution to the cookbook with you. I hope you like it. Do any of you remember the cookbook? Chinese Chicken Salad Dressing: 1/3 Cup vegetable oil ¼ Cup red wine vinegar 1/8 Cup sugar 1/8 Cup soy sauce Mix all ingredients above and set aside. Pour over Ch... Continue Reading

views
replies

Who Else Wants More Fun and Less Stress with Fashion?

Last Reply by Clau10 1378704376.24 | Started by Leah Williams in Fashion Talk, Hosts & Personalities, Among Friends

I always look forward to sitting down with my “stack” of September issues of my favorite fashion and lifestyle magazines. The September books are usually hundreds of pages thick and loaded with ads, but always filled with all that’s new or re-invented in fashion. I’ve developed a bit of a ritual in September. I settle into my comfy chair with a pen, paper, and 1.5 readers (I can’t read the print without them, when did that happen?) -- I put my feet up on the ottoman, and I dive in. Thumbing through the pages, themes, trends and color stories start to take shape... Continue Reading

views
replies

She's Got "Purse-onality", Walk Purse-onality, Talk Purse-onality, Style ......

Last Reply by NancyB 1378441970.43 | Started by Leah Williams in Fashion Talk, Hosts & Personalities, All About Accessories

I love a big bag! So, when our accessories team asked me to take part in "Purse-onality" I thoughtfully chose a bag with plenty of room for all of my stuff. I'm going to spend the week carrying this OrYANY bag and post about it each day. "Purse-onality" Day 1: I laid the bag out to have a look in preparation for the week. The first thing I noticed was the quality of the leather -- it's extremely good!  What is your ideal size handbag? Here I am on Day 2 of Purse-onality. I was just coming into the studio to start my on-air shift and my friends at the "Ops" desk snapped my pictu... Continue Reading

views
replies

Calling All Shoe Lovers!!

Last Reply by SCAV 1383400719.17 | Started by Leah Williams in Hosts & Personalities, All About Accessories, All About Shoes

Hello Fashionistas and sisters in style! As you know, I love Fashions and have hosted AM Style on Saturday mornings for the past ten years. It's been a decade of incredible fun, as well as, learning about manufacturing, designs, accessories, trends and gauging what you do and do not like. And now that we are comfortable and confident in what we are doing for you in terms of fashions, I am super excited to tell you about my brand-new show that will help you complete your look. It debuts on Thursday, September the 5th at 4pm and is called ......drum roll, please......."Leah Loves Shoes" an... Continue Reading

views
replies

When Is The Last Time A 3-Year-Old Complimented You?

Last Reply by cool grammy 1376167556.69 | Started by Leah Williams in Fashion Talk, All About Accessories, TSV Talk

I should start this blog by saying that whenever I fly, I always wear ballet flats. I have two reasons for this footwear choice -- one, a ballet flat is easy to slip on and off when going through airport security and two, on the long haul across country, they’re comfortable if my feet start to swell in flight. I was standing in the security line at the San Francisco airport on my way back to Pennsylvania after visiting with my family in California this summer. In line in front of me was a man with a little girl who looked to be about three years old -- obviously father and daughter. I... Continue Reading

views
replies

Page 7 of 16