Labor Day Weekend Clearance
126 Members and 8421 Guests Online

Shawnie's Activity

Re: Really, Dooney?

In Dooney & Bourke 1409339430.327

Baseball is a snooze for me BUT I think this bag is adorable! Continue Reading

Re: THE SIXTIES CNN -- Airline 'Stewardess' required to retire at 32 - 35?

In TV Talk 1408566924.913

On 8/19/2014 LizAnne said: I read an interesting article in Vanity Fair some years ago. It was about how glamorous air travel used to be back in the 60's/early 70's. Passengers dressed in their Sunday best and stewardesses were akin to movie stars. I was hoping the ill fated PanAm series would take off (so to speak). It's a shame it was a bomb because the potential for a show like that is there. I was so disappointed when Pan Am was cancelled! Loved it!!! Continue Reading

Re: Al Roker Birthday Observation

In TV Talk 1408566424.5

I thought it was odd that there was no mention of her at all too. I also thought that it was odd that he referred to his kids as "my" children rather than "our" . Continue Reading

Alex and Ani

Last Reply by deehoney 1408327729.72 | Started by Shawnie in Jewelry Talk

Anyone have any tips or thoughts on their bangle and wrap bracelets? Continue Reading

Re: "It gets scratched"

In Jewelry Talk 1408301461

I know I just don't get it. And then there are the people that are returning handbags because the leather scratches. If that is what they want they shouldn't use it at all!! Continue Reading

Re: I'm so bummed

In Vera Bradley 1407899075.827

Here is the sale page at verabradley.com for Venetian paisley. http://www.verabradley.com/category/sale-colors/venetian-paisley.uts Continue Reading

Re: Cleaning the inside of a vintage Coach bag

In All About Handbags 1407875965.12

On 8/12/2014 suzyQ3 said: On 8/12/2014 Shawnie said: Well you learn something every day! I have never done anything to my insides but vacumm a bit. Found this about suede and cleaning-- Maintenance Suede is more “high-maintenance” than smooth grain-side leathers. It shows stains easily, its nap wears off and it cannot be oiled as smooth leathers can. Oil simply stains suede and ruins the nap. To clean it, you must purchase cleaners and conditioners specifically intended for suede. They typically contain organic compounds, but not oils. Ouch! But seriously, I think vaccuming it ge... Continue Reading

In All About Handbags 1407866658.473

Well you learn something every day! I have never done anything to my insides but vacumm a bit. Found this about suede and cleaning-- Maintenance Suede is more “high-maintenance” than smooth grain-side leathers. It shows stains easily, its nap wears off and it cannot be oiled as smooth leathers can. Oil simply stains suede and ruins the nap. To clean it, you must purchase cleaners and conditioners specifically intended for suede. They typically contain organic compounds, but not oils. Continue Reading

In All About Handbags 1407849154.683

Go to The Purse Forum. They have detailed information on rehabbing Coach bags. It will be interesting to see if the inside is actually suede. My coach bags from many many years ago are unlined so that means it is the back side of the finished cowhide. Not suede. Continue Reading

Re: When is the next Dooney tsv - August?

In Dooney & Bourke 1407260363.313

I don't usually go for a one handle bag, but this one is classy. Live each of the colors, and the feet. The lining doesn't bother me one bit. Hope it doesn't weigh too much. When is it? Continue Reading

Page 1 of 76
1 2 3 4 ...76Next