Just-Reduced Clearance
84 Members and 17392 Guests Online

Love Roses's Activity

Re: It is normal for parents to follow when adult children move away?

In Viewpoints 1413819846.353

Don't know if it's the thing to do but I would not have wanted my folks to move to be near me. Mothers are not to rely on their children to find meaning in life - perhaps the folks need a hobby or a charity/volunteer work to fill out their time. I have heard of mom's going to college with their daughters to watch over them. Sweet but there comes a time to let go. Continue Reading

Re: Pumpkin Riots In New Hampshire

In Viewpoints 1413752213.64

On 10/19/2014 NoelSeven said: On 10/19/2014 Love Roses said: Hi Noel. Only looked at the pics. I guess the youth of today is bored with themselves and one another. One pic had the girls smiling from ear to ear - what was that all about. I know it's all just a day of fun but I think others (animals included) could use some pumpkins and pumpkin products to eat as they may have hunger. It can all be such a waste. I'm not sure what you're saying, LR. Do away with pumpkin carving & display? No. The pumpkin carving is quite creative. I'm referring to the trashing of the pumpkins in the var... Continue Reading

Re: Pumpkin Riots In New Hampshire

In Viewpoints 1413751548.227

Hi Noel. Only looked at the pics. I guess the youth of today is bored with themselves and one another. One pic had the girls smiling from ear to ear - what was that all about. I know it's all just a day of fun but I think others (animals included) could use some pumpkins and pumpkin products to eat as they may have hunger. It can all be such a waste. Continue Reading

Re: Velour, Velvet

In Fashion Talk 1413668562.767

Thanks for the posts. I may be old fashioned in my like of certain styles but I like what I like. Continue Reading

Velour, Velvet

Last Reply by RJB 1413857158.657 | Started by Love Roses in Fashion Talk

Maybe these fabrics are not the trend. I happen to like them but it seems that they are 'not the thing' anymore. Kind of like horse and buggy days. I think a black velvet/velour jacket or blazer is nice to wear. Guess I was raised to think differently. Continue Reading

Re: Having a Traditional Meal

In Viewpoints 1413612484.59

On 10/17/2014 sunala said: I can't read all the comments now, but I've read several of them, and I'm looking at this from the other side. Perhaps this father wasn't much of a father to his daughter. Maybe there are hidden resentments going on. Who knows? Maybe he even abused her? She sounds like a horrible person BUT until I know both sides, I can't make a judgment. I understand your position. What I do know is that he felt badly her mother died of uterine cancer when the daughter was 13. He vowed to be there for her in any way he could. He re-married but the daughter loathes his wife a... Continue Reading

In Viewpoints 1413596969.06

On 10/17/2014 Irshgrl31201 said: She sounds like a real jerk. Traditional and comfort food will never go out of style. As a matter of fact, I see a lot of trendy restaurants here going back to that. I was watching Food Networks show celebrating the last 20 yrs as a tv station and they revealed the number 1 downloaded recipe of all time was Alton Browns Baked Macaroni and Cheese recipe. If you look back 50 yrs and see what Americans were eating it was a lot of traditional meals like these and we didn't have the problem with obesity that we do now. Very True. Gotta say, it's hard to beat ... Continue Reading

In Viewpoints 1413586714.81

Biancardi and others - Yes, it is his business and I think he should enjoy the fruits of his labors and sacrifices. Ladybug, you are correct - it is better than a lot of food you are served at more pricey places. Continue Reading

Re: Company Sells out of Ebola Plush Toy - Happy Holidays!

In Viewpoints 1413558839.863

I don't find humor in the 'toy', nor the learning lesson. I understand tee-shirts are being printed with silly sayings and such. Must be the youth into such things. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 757
1 2 3 4 ...757Next