Better Than Black Friday
109 Members and 12653 Guests Online

QVC Host Albany Irvin

Albany's Summer Salsa!

Started by Albany Irvin in Kitchen & Food Talk, Recipe Swap, Hosts & Personalities 1399403298.837

In honor of May being Salsa Month and today being all about Cooking on Q, I wanted to share with you one of my favorite summer recipes.  Straight from my recipe book at home, here is how to make a refreshing AND delicious Pineapple Avocado Salsa. Ingridients: - 1 cup fresh pineapple - 2 plum tomatoes  - 1 firm, ripe, California avocado (diced into 4 pieces) - 1/2 cup of Sweet White Onion - 1 1/2 t. Fresh Japlepenos  - 1/4 Cup Chopped Cilantro  - 3T Fresh lime juice  - 3T Fresh Orange Juice  - 2T Extra-Virgin Olive Oil  Continue Reading

views
replies

Making the Most of a Rainy Vacation

Started by Albany Irvin in Q Did What?, Hosts & Personalities, Mom to Mom Blogs 1398789066.41

I was finally coming to terms with the brutal winter we’ve had, and then it snowed in April! I thought “that’s it I’m booking a vacation!” I don’t know if this is dramatic, but I think Mother Nature might have it out for me. Here’s how our latest family vaca went down: Day 1: Our vacation got off to the right start as we spent our first day soaking up the sun on the beach.   While the Littles took on the waves with their boogie boards, I sat with for hours with a new book and my toes in the sand. {Cue the Go-Go’s “Vacat... Continue Reading

views
replies

You Can Decorate Your Cake And Eat It Too -- See How The Littles Get Festive For Easter!

Last Reply by ColsGrl 1398573509.123 | Started by Albany Irvin in Kitchen & Food Talk, Hosts & Personalities, Holiday Advice

Instead of putting the Littles on a COMPLETE sugar-high, we skip the traditional Easter Basket candy and decorate a cake together. We've been doing it for years and I love to see how different each cake turns out as the Littles get older and their cake decorating ideas AND skills mature.  Here are some pictures from this year's cake decorating. The theme: A Day at the Bunny Races! :-)  Because bringing the Littles to the grocery store usually results in WAY too many snacks and lots of whining, I usually pick up the ingredients and candy toppings myself and let them work their magic... Continue Reading

views
replies

Working Out With Fashion Friends -- Pilates With Susan Graver!

Last Reply by Binkytoo 1396788161.363 | Started by Albany Irvin in Health & Fitness, Hosts & Personalities, Susan Graver

Not only do we share a passion for fashion, Susan Graver and I also are avid pilates people! While we try and balance work and family, we both find health and fitness to be very important. What better way to get your fitness on than with some good friends! Last week Susan and I met up for an early morning Pilates class. Of course we started the work out with some fashion talk, and she gave me some extra styling tips. It always comes in handy to have fashion friends ;-). I promise we got to work after fifteen minutes of modeling haha! We broke a sweat, had some laughs, and then treated ourselv... Continue Reading

views
replies

How To Post a Picture to My Facebook Page

Last Reply by nomems 1404493612.447 | Started by Albany Irvin in Suggestion Box, Hosts & Personalities, Among Friends

I'm always talking about my dogs and I figured because it was National Puppy Day, you should share a little something about yours! I want to see pictures of your pups, but then I realized not everyone knows how to successfully post a picture to my page (or any general page)!  Here is a little guidance! I hope it helps so we can share the puppy love!  Go to my wall where all my FB friends are commenting Write your post under the “Status” tab. Click on the “Photo/Video” tab and click “Upload Photos/Video.” A prompt will appear asking you to se... Continue Reading

views
replies

Good Tunes And Some Sun-- My Perfect Remedy For The Winter Blues

Last Reply by dshop 1394889940.943 | Started by Albany Irvin in Hosts & Personalities, Among Friends, Music

I'm confident that you'll agree with me when I say that this winter has been an absolute drag! Snowstorm after snowstorm, hotel stays, and just plain old cold weather --- It's just not good for the soul!!   I did my very best to fight off the 'Winter Blues' this year by taking a much needed vacation to the Caribbean with Hubby and last weekend we had a great time at the Paul Simmon concert! I promised I would share some pictures from the concert, so I figured I would throw in some other memories from our vaca as well!     We finally made it to our destination after spen... Continue Reading

views
replies

Seeking Advice: How To Cure A "Little" Snow Day Boredom?

Last Reply by ROMARY 1392520665.797 | Started by Albany Irvin in Hosts & Personalities, Among Friends, Mom to Mom Blogs

Well, it’s official…. My husband has managed to be out of town for every single snow storm over the last 5 years. SERIOUSLY?!?!?!  How on earth did I draw the short straw?  I would love to say that I’m building character and perseverance; but in reality, I’m only building biceps and a better winter wardrobe to accommodate sub-zero temperatures. I’ve blown snow, shoveled snow, and now swept snow! Yes, you heard me right…”swept” snow.  Ironically, I saw Roxanne DePalma on air for a Garden Event with a broom. In a passing moment,... Continue Reading

views
replies

Albany's All-Around Day of Health Recap!

Started by Albany Irvin in Health & Fitness, Q Did What?, Hosts & Personalities 1390940394.127

Last Saturday was the first ever Albany Irvin’s All-Around Day of Health here at QVC. To say it was a blast would be an understatement. We had a great group of participants that were excited and eager to learn more about fitness and wellness with the help of some amazing vendors—AeroPilates, BodyBlade, Sit N Cycle, Flex Belt, Ryka, Re-Body Meratrim, Peter Thomas Roth, and Vitamix. There were tons of raffles, lots of laughs, and a delicious lunch catered by Shoo Mama’s Café. I had such a great time meet and chatting with new friends while learning how to live and mainta... Continue Reading

views
replies

What Would You Say to Your 16 Year Old Self?

Started by Albany Irvin in Hosts & Personalities, Among Friends, Viewpoints 1389641168.33

As many of you may remember, I was priviledged enough to attend the Pennsylvania Conference for Women back in November. I was thrilled to be a part of such a wonderful mission as I've always been passionate about supporting the success and wellness of women. It was truly a magnficent experience and I am so grateful that I was offered the oppurtunity to attend through QVC. While at the conference I was interviewed and asked what I would say to my 16 year old self. Have you ever thought about what you might say? Here is a quick video with my advice for teenage Albany!   Continue Reading

views
replies

Learn How to be the Best All-Around-YOU With Albany Irvin!

Last Reply by P-money 1389644764.133 | Started by Albany Irvin in Health & Fitness, Q News, Hosts & Personalities

Everyone knows I'm passionate about my health. Whether I'm dancing my way through Zumba class, running with the Littles, or mixing up a fruit smoothie, I'm all about maintaining a healthy and happy lifestyle!   I'm so excited to share this hobby and passion with you on January 25th during Albany Irvin's All-Around Day of Health here at QVC! I'm inviting YOU to kick off 2014 with me and some of our top Fitness and Health experts through an amazing seminar where we will learn how to be healthy from the inside out! Below you will find the seminar ... Continue Reading

views
replies

Page 2 of 9