Boot Boutique
15 Members and 10163 Guests Online

QVC Host Albany Irvin

Seeking Advice: How To Cure A "Little" Snow Day Boredom?

Last Reply by ROMARY 1392520665.797 | Started by Albany Irvin in Hosts & Personalities, Among Friends, Mom to Mom Blogs

Well, it’s official…. My husband has managed to be out of town for every single snow storm over the last 5 years. SERIOUSLY?!?!?!  How on earth did I draw the short straw?  I would love to say that I’m building character and perseverance; but in reality, I’m only building biceps and a better winter wardrobe to accommodate sub-zero temperatures. I’ve blown snow, shoveled snow, and now swept snow! Yes, you heard me right…”swept” snow.  Ironically, I saw Roxanne DePalma on air for a Garden Event with a broom. In a passing moment,... Continue Reading

views
replies

Albany's All-Around Day of Health Recap!

Started by Albany Irvin in Health & Fitness, Q Did What?, Hosts & Personalities 1390940394.127

Last Saturday was the first ever Albany Irvin’s All-Around Day of Health here at QVC. To say it was a blast would be an understatement. We had a great group of participants that were excited and eager to learn more about fitness and wellness with the help of some amazing vendors—AeroPilates, BodyBlade, Sit N Cycle, Flex Belt, Ryka, Re-Body Meratrim, Peter Thomas Roth, and Vitamix. There were tons of raffles, lots of laughs, and a delicious lunch catered by Shoo Mama’s Café. I had such a great time meet and chatting with new friends while learning how to live and mainta... Continue Reading

views
replies

What Would You Say to Your 16 Year Old Self?

Started by Albany Irvin in Hosts & Personalities, Among Friends, Viewpoints 1389641168.33

As many of you may remember, I was priviledged enough to attend the Pennsylvania Conference for Women back in November. I was thrilled to be a part of such a wonderful mission as I've always been passionate about supporting the success and wellness of women. It was truly a magnficent experience and I am so grateful that I was offered the oppurtunity to attend through QVC. While at the conference I was interviewed and asked what I would say to my 16 year old self. Have you ever thought about what you might say? Here is a quick video with my advice for teenage Albany!   Continue Reading

views
replies

Learn How to be the Best All-Around-YOU With Albany Irvin!

Last Reply by P-money 1389644764.133 | Started by Albany Irvin in Health & Fitness, Hosts & Personalities, Q News

Everyone knows I'm passionate about my health. Whether I'm dancing my way through Zumba class, running with the Littles, or mixing up a fruit smoothie, I'm all about maintaining a healthy and happy lifestyle!   I'm so excited to share this hobby and passion with you on January 25th during Albany Irvin's All-Around Day of Health here at QVC! I'm inviting YOU to kick off 2014 with me and some of our top Fitness and Health experts through an amazing seminar where we will learn how to be healthy from the inside out! Below you will find the seminar ... Continue Reading

views
replies

Thanksgiving and Q!

Last Reply by Mrs Chris P 1385748503.833 | Started by Albany Irvin in Kitchen & Food Talk, Q Did What?, Hosts & Personalities

If you’ve been following my FB page [http://qvc.co/FB_Albany], you know that Thanksgiving is my absolute favorite holiday!  I wrote a blog about ways I get the Littles involved too…. We do Blessing Bisquits  :~) {http://qvc.co/BlessingBiscuits}.    Being a Military Kid, I’ve learned that it’s not always possible to spend Holidays with blood relatives; but sometimes friends who’ve become family make for the best memories!!!  QVC is committed to helping you stay home with your friends and family over the holidays but they are also committ... Continue Reading

views
replies

Grown Up Gadgets: Think Bluetooth!

Last Reply by Beautifu1 1383233537.52 | Started by Albany Irvin in Electronics Talk, Hosts & Personalities, Mom to Mom Blogs

Sometimes I just need a bit of Silly. At home, I’m the wife and mother.  At work, I’m the responsible employee.  But when I’m relaxing and just being me, I like to unwind with some great music!  Maybe that’s why these portable Bluetooth speakers caught my eye. Bluetooth is everywhere these days.  In fact, if you have a newer laptop or smartphone, there’s a strong possibility you have a Bluetooth device   I absolutely love the ingenious design of a suction cup bottom…. Now I can truly bring my party anywhere!  My dressing ro... Continue Reading

views
replies

Albany Gets Gadgets - Cute Camera Bags

Started by Albany Irvin in Electronics Talk, All About Accessories, All About Handbags 1374611887.407

Do you remember back to the days of infants and toddlers and carrying diaper bags everywhere? I sure do! And although they were a very necessary accessory, they were never cute. Somehow they always screamed, “I hold diapers, wipes, bottles, etc.” As we move through summer, I’ve noticed the same about camera bags. The luggage-like black canvas bags are super efficient, but they aren’t exactly fashionable. Plus, I might as well have a sign attached to my beach umbrella or sports chair that says, "very expensive photographic equipment inside." It’s like a be... Continue Reading

views
replies

Albany's Mexican Chicken Tenders & Kids in the Kitchen

Started by Albany Irvin in Kitchen & Food Talk, Recipe Swap, Temp-tations 1374069431.613

Over the weekend, my kids and I made easy Mexican Chicken Tenders (perfect thing for them to help with).  Here is the recipe: Chicken tenders marinated in greek yogurt, salsa, and Goya seasoning (i usually marinate overnight in my Lock and Lock Marinating container) Place on greased cookie sheet or in greased 9x13 (I used my Temp-tations) In a quart size resealable bag, place left over corn chips (the stuff at the bottom of the bag that you would normally throw away), shredded Mexican Cheese Blend, a little more Goya seasoning. Seal the bag and let the kids crush the mixture together.... Continue Reading

views
replies

Temp-Tations Mac & Cheese with the Littles

Last Reply by franks12 1382689608.23 | Started by Albany Irvin in Kitchen & Food Talk, Temp-tations, Mom to Mom Blogs

Using my Temp-tations cookware,  I made Buffalo Chicken Cavatappi Pasta for the Littles.... a spicy "mac and cheese" with grilled chicken using spiral cavatappi pasta. Here’s the recipe Fill big pot full of water, add 1 tsp. salt, and bring to a boil. Add pasta and cook until tender (or whatever you prefer). Drain, and add olive oil to toss (if you want). In pan, over med high heat, add buffalo sauce to taste (I used Frank’s hot sauce). Reduce heat and mix. Add chicken strips and let simmer. Top with cheese blend and green onion mix. Enjoy!!! See you for Cooking on Q... Continue Reading

views
replies

Albany Gets Gadgets: Summer Schedules & Kindle Fire HD

Started by Albany Irvin in Electronics Talk, Hosts & Personalities, Mom to Mom Blogs 1372428139.68

Normally, when I talk about “mama drama”, I’m talking about Scarlett—the love name I’ve given to my southern belle mama, Patricia. But once you’ve met her, you immediately realize that “Scarlett” is really who she is. I’m afraid the nut doesn’t fall too far from the tree if this week is any indication!  This was the first full week of summer vacation at the Irvin household. To put it mildly, it was like a raging cyclone of action. For starters, my foreign exchange student (Eldest Little) decided to move to her own apartment. D... Continue Reading

views
replies

Page 2 of 9