Top Rated on Easy Pay
157 Members and 11745 Guests Online

Chris Freytag's Activity

Pump(kin) up Your Health!

Last Reply by Pansy lover 1320296496.07 | Started by Chris Freytag in Kitchen & Food Talk, Health & Fitness, Hosts & Personalities

Anyone who knows me knows I'm obsessed with pumpkin — not carving them, but eating them. I LOVE real or canned pumpkin and use it in all sorts of things, so you can see why fall is my favorite time of year. I was born on Halloween for a reason. (No, I’m not a witch, I’m just freaky for pumpkin. Even when I was a kid, I asked for a pumpkin pie instead of birthday cake.) Canned pumpkin is fabulously nutritious, very low carb, and contains virtually no fat. It also packs a good fiber punch, not to mention pumpkin provides your daily needed Vitamin A and beta-carot... Continue Reading

views
replies

Grilled Chicken and Veggies…yum!

Started by Chris Freytag in Kitchen & Food Talk, Health & Fitness, Hosts & Personalities 1315517777.707

Well, Labor Day weekend always marks the start of fall in my house. I live in Minnesota and as you may know, we are the state of 10,000 lakes. It’s tradition in Minnesota to “go to the lake cabin” on summer weekends, and for most folks, Labor Day weekend marks the end of the season and is when we put away the lake toys, get the raft out of the water, get the boats ready to come out of the water, etc. Our weather quickly starts to change…the 90-degree summer starts to fade and that fall smell comes back too fast. We had a productive weekend up at our cabin and squeeze... Continue Reading

views
replies

Chocolate or Cheesecake?

Last Reply by ChgoBud 1311816541.973 | Started by Chris Freytag in Kitchen & Food Talk, Health & Fitness, Hosts & Personalities

I love summertime, but along with summer at my house comes lots of kids, chaos, and lots of people to feed (it seems like my three kids turns into nine kids on a regular basis — which I love). I try to keep the house stocked with fairly healthy treats, but like you, I'm busy. And maybe like you, I enjoy dessert (I have always had a sweet tooth and my favorite indulgence is ice cream). As a fitness professional, I try to provide snacks and treats for my kids and friends that are delicious, but still nutritious. Attempting to eat perfect all the time is a recipe for disaster. That&r... Continue Reading

views
replies

Summer Treats & Snacks Minus the Guilt

Last Reply by ippy 1309814736.17 | Started by Chris Freytag in Kitchen & Food Talk, Health & Fitness, Hosts & Personalities

Are you tired of hearing advice that you should watch every morsel of food you consume if you want to slim your waistline? Sometimes, small changes can go a long way. If you’re trying to get in better shape or watch what you eat, but still want to enjoy summer cookouts and yummy desserts, I have some great summer solutions for you to try so you can enjoy what you eat and forgo the guilt. Cool down with snow cones     Sure, snow cones aren’t packed with nutrition, but they aren’t going to destroy your calorie count for the day, either. Lighten up with... Continue Reading

views
replies

Holy Guacamole!

Started by Chris Freytag in Kitchen & Food Talk, Health & Fitness, Hosts & Personalities 1307122659.54

In Minnesota, it’s virtually a tradition to spend the weekends and holidays up north by the water. Like so many others in the state, we went up to our cabin for Memorial Day weekend to kick off the start of summer with family and friends. When happy hour rolled around, it always featured some homemade guacamole.   Guacamole can be good for you because it’s made from avocadoes, a MUFA (healthy monounsaturated fatty acids) — otherwise known as the “good for you” fats! MUFAs may be helpful in lowering the risk of chronic disease. Avocadoes also contain a ... Continue Reading

views
replies

Food, Fashion, and Fitness: Get Ready for Summer

Started by Chris Freytag in Kitchen & Food Talk, Health & Fitness, Hosts & Personalities 1306166475.437

It’s event time! Graduations, weddings, baby showers, summer BBQs, and family gatherings fill up our social calendars at this time of the year. Last year, when my son graduated from high school, I think we attended 10 graduation parties in one week! So how can you look and feel your best when you don’t have a lot of time? Just as a new outfit can perk up your mood, there are several ways to feel better about yourself quickly — just in time for summer! Motivate with fashion. Back to that new outfit… there’s nothing like a new outfit to get you inspired. When a n... Continue Reading

views
replies

Ready, Set, Grill!

Last Reply by learner_2 1304112214.83 | Started by Chris Freytag in Kitchen & Food Talk, Health & Fitness, Hosts & Personalities

I get questions all the time on my website and Facebook page asking about my favorite kitchen products. Truly, all of my products are, because I had a need for the item myself and then was determined to create the product and share it with all of you. One of the things I love is grilled food. Why?    Because grilling has all sorts of health benefits, and in my opinion, grilled food tastes better than traditional methods of cooking. When you grill, grease drips off the meat, making it healthier than cooking in the fat. Therefore, get a lower-calorie meal that has amazing tast... Continue Reading

views
replies

Spring Has Sprung! Ladies and Gentlemen, Start Your Engines!

Last Reply by BigBro6 1302607058.32 | Started by Chris Freytag in Health & Fitness, Hosts & Personalities

Spring has sprung in most parts of the country, and finally many of us snowbirds are able to resume our outdoor walking and workout routine. One of the most frequently asked questions I get asked is, “What should or shouldn’t I eat before and after my workouts?” Your fuel tank may be the most important part of your ability to perform, so let me share some information with you! You need to balance calories consumed with calories burned to maintain a healthy weight — that’s the basic premise — but the type of calorie you choose does indeed make a difference w... Continue Reading

views
replies

Bake Your Own ENERGY

Last Reply by YDUJ 1303654985.617 | Started by Chris Freytag in Health & Fitness, Hosts & Personalities

Go into any grocery store and you’ll find energy bars, protein bars, and cereal bars. I love the convenience, but they’re often high in added sugar, full of fats and chemicals, and, most notably, packing an expensive price tag. Tired of paying too much, I decided to create my own! My homemade bars are a great snack with a cup of tea, on the go, or in your handbag as a nutritious and delicious snack. Loaded with healthy carbs, proteins, and fat, they can keep you fueled up for workouts. Cut them up, individually wrap in wax paper, and stick them in your freezer. You and your family... Continue Reading

views
replies

Top 10 Ways to Make the Most of 10 Minutes

Last Reply by bopper 1300378250.957 | Started by Chris Freytag in Health & Fitness, Hosts & Personalities

This week in particular has been crazy. I must sound like a broken record because my husband insists I say that every week. When I’m traveling more than three days a week, I often become overwhelmed with the list of tasks awaiting me when I get home. I need to grocery shop, do laundry, catch up on kid stuff, not to mention go through piles of emails, and other work-related projects. It can cause me to fill with stress. Over the years, I've tried to master the approach of tackling a few tasks at a time instead of attacking the whole list at once. And, I realize that beyond my tasks, I als... Continue Reading

views
replies

Page 1 of 2