Dooney & Bourke
38 Members and 15122 Guests Online

QVC Host Dan Hughes

White Chocolate Chip Cookies

Started by Dan Hughes in Kitchen & Food Talk, Recipe Swap, Hosts & Personalities 1418839814.613

I am a pretty simple guy and not much for fancy cookies.  Give me old fashioned sugar cookies and I’m happy.  But how about a bit of white chocolate to add to the fun, enjoy one of my favorite recipes.. it's easy, unless you burn the first batch!   White Chocolate Chip Cookies Ingredients 2-1/2 cups flour 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar 1 cup softened butter 1 tsp baking powder 2 eggs 1 tsp vanilla extract Bag of white chocolate chips Directions:  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Beat butter and sugar until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time; then vanilla. Add flo... Continue Reading

views
replies

MY Cat Louie

Last Reply by Michaels Mom 1419114102.327 | Started by Dan Hughes in Pet Lovers, Hosts & Personalities, Among Friends

Do you believe in Christmas miracles? Well here is one for yah. Kelly and I are "dog" people. You have probably seen photos of our four legged family members. But there is one resident here I have not told you much about. His name is Louie and he is MY cat. I say that only because as sweet and loving as Kelly is towards all of God's creatures, for some reason this cat hates her. He never misses and opportunity to bite her ankles whenever she walks by. And it's not just her, Louie hates everybody. When we rescued him 10 years ago he had a piece missing from his ear from a fight he prob... Continue Reading

views
replies

WHY do we decorate for Christmas?

Last Reply by GOLDIEGIRL 1418622665.837 | Started by Dan Hughes in For the Home Talk, Hosts & Personalities, Holiday Advice

Well Thursday November 20th at 10:00 AM I have my last edition of Home for the Holidays with Dan show, for the year. So I thought for a moment that maybe we should just talk about why we decorate for Christmas.  After all, the whole show is dedicated to Christmas lights, and trees, and things that sparkle and shine. And I am not talking about my usual history lessons on who did what and when they first did it, (Although, Martin Luther was credited with being the first to bring a tree into his home and lighting it for the holiday back in the 16th century). NO, I want to discus... Continue Reading

views
replies

Decorating with Holiday Lights

Last Reply by Bjan 1416304353.323 | Started by Dan Hughes in For the Home Talk, Hosts & Personalities, Holiday Advice

Thank you to everyone who participated in last week’s Home for the Holidays show and chat.  We will be doing a show every Thursday at 10:00 EST and hopefully live chats as well, as it gives me an opportunity to answer some of your decorating questions and maybe pass on a suggestion or two.   There were several similar questions that came in, so let me answer a few of them for you here and we will continue to listen intently to your requests in the coming weeks.   Let me start with wreaths and garlands.  Simply put the greatest invention in my mind for decorating.&... Continue Reading

views
replies

Pre-Planning your Holiday Lights & Decorations

Last Reply by dardon 1413154473.16 | Started by Dan Hughes in For the Home Talk, Hosts & Personalities, Holiday Advice

That time of year is approaching fast and a little pre-planning on your part can really help to make your holiday lighting project a lot easier. Let me guide you through what I do each year and maybe one or two tips can help you.  Not only can a game plan reduce some of the usual frustration, but also could mean less time up on a ladder later.  (Stringing the lights on the QVC outside set) on yes one of our Little Giant Ladders..) Now before I begin let me say I don't expect you to go to the extremes, I do.  First, because you are probably sane, and for me, th... Continue Reading

views
replies

Pick a Shining Star

Last Reply by ical 1410817577.823 | Started by Dan Hughes in The Q We Love, Hosts & Personalities, Among Friends

I am having a bit of fun picking out my favorite photo from the host photo shoot… perhaps you can let me know what is your favorite.. oh and let’s all be nice!  Lol! You can find me on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/DanHughesQVC Twitter: www.twitter.com/danhughesqvc Continue Reading

views
replies

Sometimes You Just Have to Laugh.

Last Reply by 65and fabulous 1409354581.21 | Started by Dan Hughes in The Q We Love, Hosts & Personalities, Among Friends

Sometimes you just have to laugh.  We had another round of bad thunderstorms in our area on Wednesday evening.   The high winds brought down several large trees and when that happens we often lose power.  Last time it occurred we were without electricity for almost 5 days and we had a tree in our living room.  So both Kelly and I were happy it was just a lack of luxuries for a night and not a repeat of "the great outdoors" brought inside.  Pictures from previous storms.. so you get the idea of what it looked like to have a tree in my house and a new "lake" .... Continue Reading

views
replies

Lifelong Passion

Last Reply by catcar 1411056577.617 | Started by Dan Hughes in Sports, Hosts & Personalities, Among Friends

To many, automobiles are simply transportation to get from point A to point B.  To me, they represent so much more than just steel, chrome, paint and rubber.  Cars have been my true love since I was very young.  They define us as individuals and say so much about who we are or wish to be.  There will be some of you who just won't understand this but I feel that cars have a personality and each one is unique.  Yes, I talk to my cars.  My wife thinks I am nuts but I pat the dashboard lovingly and thank each ride when she gets me home safe and sound. ... Continue Reading

views
replies

Mother Nature Amazes Me

Last Reply by Craftsman 1399424274.417 | Started by Dan Hughes in Pet Lovers, The Q We Love, Hosts & Personalities

After the long and harsh winter we had here at the Hughes farm I thought spring would never get here.   (This is the tree that happen to land on our home during one of the harsh winter storms) Yet just like every year, spring arrives with a sense of renewal and a fresh start for everyone.  This has become my favorite time of year.  The transformation from dull and dreary to explosions of color and the mystery of new life can only make you humble when you take the time to step back and watch Mother Nature painting her landscape.  We all get busy so it is easy to rush ... Continue Reading

views
replies

Time to Light the Trees!

Last Reply by oldchick 1386524703.61 | Started by Dan Hughes in For the Home Talk, Hosts & Personalities, Holiday Advice

Last month I shared with you a few tips on the best way to light up bushes with Christmas lights.  This month lets tackle a tougher job...trees. Fir trees or any others that look like Christmas trees are somewhat easy to light.  Start at the top and drape the power cord down the back of the tree towards the ground so you can later hook up your extension cord to run power to it.  Then work your way down the tree towards the bottom either draping the lights or wrapping them in a cylindrical pattern. Hardwood trees, like Maple, Oak or Elm trees provide a different challenge.&nb... Continue Reading

views
replies

Page 1 of 2