Better Than Black Friday
104 Members and 11987 Guests Online

QVC Host Rick Domeier

Rick Or Treat! -- A SCARY Throwback

Last Reply by goocharoo 1414021633.42 | Started by Rick Domeier in The Q We Love, Hosts & Personalities, Among Friends

How’s this for a spooky blast from the past? I came across an old Inside Magazine issue and had a good laugh at the front cover… YIKES!!!!! Yes, that is me!  So I'm sure you're wondering for what occasion did I undergo the Mrs. Doubtfire transformation! Back in 2005, Insider members were asked to help pick the Halloween cover for the October issue. There were 521 responses which all lead to me dressing up as a grandmother. It's funny how things turn out, right?  Looking back and even then, I was thrilled to have played the role of creepy grandmother handing out cand... Continue Reading

views
replies

Picture Perfect

Last Reply by amneris 1410035817.287 | Started by Rick Domeier in Hosts & Personalities, Among Friends, TSV Talk

Hey friends!  First off, a warning: If, for some reason, you do not  like the game of baseball, Do Not plan a vacation to Cooperstown, New York. On the other hand, if you happen to love 'America's pastime', or have a child or grandchild who loves it,  then by all means put Abner Doubleday's birthplace, Cooperstown, on your list of 'must see' destinations. It's a quaint little town, filled with nice shops and wonderful places to visit, including yes, the famous Baseball Hall of Fame. It eats, drinks, and sleeps baseball. It's a destination  our family will never forget. And... Continue Reading

views
replies

Tour Guide By Day, Captain Midnight By Night

Started by Rick Domeier in Hosts & Personalities, Among Friends 1406747187.247

Today’s job: Tour Guide! While many of us are used to the non-stop, 24-7  world of QVC, it’s always great to open our doors to someone who’s never seen it before. Karen Rodgers from a popular  Show called “FYI-Philly” dropped by to join in the fun, even presenting a product with Jill Bauer QVC.  Hey , if this day job doesn’t work out… ‘Step right this way! Single file please…   Continue Reading

views
replies

What It Means To Be "Dad"

Last Reply by G Annie 1403749001.13 | Started by Rick Domeier in The Q We Love, Hosts & Personalities, Among Friends

Parenting. As anyone with kids knows, it’s a challenge for those who work a “normal” 9-to-5-type schedule. When it comes to my schedule there is no such thing as a typical day. My schedule is ever changing and the hours are often very odd, and then you through in the TONS of tournaments, practices, and games that my sons Nick, 15, and Josh, 13, are involved with. For example – this summer Josh is playing on FOUR baseball teams, while Nick is on THREE basketball teams, and sometimes it feels like we have no idea how we will juggle all of it. Somehow, some way my wife ... Continue Reading

views
replies

Vacation 2014 -- Paradise Found

Last Reply by Cocoa Expo 1399438756.847 | Started by Rick Domeier in The Q We Love, Hosts & Personalities, Among Friends

Vacation!! After a long, long (OK, reeeeally long) winter, the word vacation is beautiful music to our ears. Are you looking forward to it?!! While many families look forward to the tradition of returning to a lake or a beach each year, when it comes to vacation habits of our family…variety is the spice of life. From the natural beauty of Vermont, to the lakes of Minnesota, to sipping wine in the hills of Tuscany, exploring new destinations has become our own tradition. Amy and I in Jamaica.    Exploring Italy last September was a once in a lifetime journey for my wi... Continue Reading

views
replies

What’s It Really Like To Work At QVC???

Started by Rick Domeier in Hosts & Personalities 1394832389.357

Whenever I meet people who watch QVC, they’ll often ask “What’s it really like to work here look there?” They’ll ask questions like “It looks like you guys are having a blast. Is it really that much fun?” After recalling fond memories like Broadcasting from the Oktoberfest in Munich Germany, climbing the Great Wall of China, and doing a promo with one and only Joan Rivers, my immediate response is… “Yes, it really is that much fun!!”   And just when you think it can’t get any better, who decides to pay a visit to our QVC... Continue Reading

views
replies

Heather's 5 Tips To Motivate Change And A Healthy Lifestyle

Started by Rick Domeier in Health & Fitness, Hosts & Personalities, Among Friends 1390858984.247

As many of you may already know, it's "Let's Get Physical" month on Anything Goes! Staying fit and maintaining a healthy lifestyle is something I find very important and I'm not alone on that! In fact, one of my co-workers here at QVC underwent an amazing journey to achieve self-wellness and physical fitness. Below is Heather's story that I think you will find motivating and inspiring -- I know I did!    They say, “when you feel like quitting, remember why you started.” And sometimes just finding your ‘start’ button can be the hardest part. First, let me st... Continue Reading

views
replies

How Do You Like Your Omelet!?

Last Reply by Gwen N 1390784544.033 | Started by Rick Domeier in Kitchen & Food Talk, Recipe Swap, Among Friends

I have no delusions of grandeur when it comes to winning the prize of the next Top Chef (I’m actually content that I didn’t burn the house down the last time I grilled steaks on the deck).  And while my wife Amy has become a master at whipping up delectable dishes for our family, every once in a while… I’m unleashed into the kitchen. With pans clanging and knives flailing, look out… it’s time for Dad… to make omelets! The importance of a great breakfast cannot be overstated. With a combination of healthy carbs and protein, it’s a great w... Continue Reading

views
replies

Rick And Easy Smoothies For My Boys And Their Buds

Last Reply by Niqui 1389497756.563 | Started by Rick Domeier in Kitchen & Food Talk, Health & Fitness, Hosts & Personalities

It’s a snowy January day, and my son Josh and his  ‘Posse’ are doing their best to wreak havoc, and create mayhem in the Domeier house-- And we love it. They also have appetites that never seem to  stop!! Because it’s always ‘Snack time’ for these guys, I decided to make them a sweet, delicious Smoothie. I’m doing it with  the All new Ninja Ultima Blender, but rather than dumping in six scoops of ice cream and chocolate syrup, I decided to make a tasty and ( Shhhhh, please don’t tell them!!), Nutritious smo... Continue Reading

views
replies

Sweet Memories - Join our Cookie Exchange for Anything Goes!

Last Reply by BigBlueNation 1388712729.35 | Started by Rick Domeier in Cookie Exchange

Let’s face it, if you’re nominating someone to go and  Win the Pillsbury Bake-off, I’m probably not your guy. But, hey, I’d be more than willing to be one of the Judges! Who doesn’t love cookies? Many Christmas’s ago, I came up with the crazy idea of baking Christmas cookies (with our two young sons, Nick and Josh) for our QVC Holiday celebration.  Their mom  supervised, and tried to steer clear of all the flour, flying through the air.   So for our Anything Gifts annual cookie exchange (it’s our first!!), I decided to once agai... Continue Reading

views
replies

Page 1 of 7
1 2 3 4 ...7Next