100 Members and 20214 Guests Online

QVC Host Rick Domeier

My Jewelry Journey

Last Reply by Reever 1427566054.75 | Started by Rick Domeier in Jewelry Talk, Hosts & Personalities, TSV Talk

The year was 1994. I was an eager New Host on QVC, doing a Host Training session with the one and only Kathy Levine. This woman was a veritable Wikipedia of jewelry knowledge. Me? Not so much. She soon realized I had no idea the difference between 14 Karat and gemstone Carat, had never uttered the word Peridot in my life, and thought Russian Diopside was the name of an evil character from a James Bond movie. At the end of the training session, Kathy looked at me and said, “Maybe you should stick to selling Bissells, Bissell Boy.” Thanks for the encouraging feedback Kathy. Thankful... Continue Reading

views
replies

The Big Game… Of Choosing the Right Television for You.

Started by Rick Domeier in Electronics Talk, Hosts & Personalities 1420580066.777

Ahhh.. I remember it like it was yesterday: January 11, 1970, Super Bowl IV. Our very own Minnesota Vikings vs. the Kansas City Chiefs, played out (in living color!!) on our Magnavox TV. When it was over, and our Vikes had lost (oh the heartbreak!), my dad asked me to ‘change the channel’. Yes, that’s right. Before the invention of the remote control, if you wanted the channel changed… you asked your son to do it. Oh, how the game has changed. Not only football, but the game of choosing a new TV as well. LED? Smart TV? What is 4K anyway? What’s with these curve... Continue Reading

views
replies

QVC B-I-N-G-O Night at the Coatesville VA

Last Reply by begingin 1420515488.933 | Started by Rick Domeier in Q News, Hosts & Personalities, Among Friends

As you might imagine, the holiday season FLIES around here. I mean, when the enormous tree goes up in the atrium in October I'm pretty sure everyone probably thinks, 'hey it's a little early for that don't you think?' Then, next thing you know the tree is gone and the gorgeous holiday sets are broken down because now everyone in the building has caught Spring Fever!  While the holiday season moves at the speed of light, there are so many wonderful events that QVC offers to everyone in the building that allow us to slow down and smell the peppermint mocha cappuccino brewing in the cafe...... Continue Reading

views
replies

Rick Or Treat! -- A SCARY Throwback

Last Reply by goocharoo 1414021633.42 | Started by Rick Domeier in The Q We Love, Hosts & Personalities, Among Friends

How’s this for a spooky blast from the past? I came across an old Inside Magazine issue and had a good laugh at the front cover… YIKES!!!!! Yes, that is me!  So I'm sure you're wondering for what occasion did I undergo the Mrs. Doubtfire transformation! Back in 2005, Insider members were asked to help pick the Halloween cover for the October issue. There were 521 responses which all lead to me dressing up as a grandmother. It's funny how things turn out, right?  Looking back and even then, I was thrilled to have played the role of creepy grandmother handing out cand... Continue Reading

views
replies

Picture Perfect

Last Reply by amneris 1410035817.287 | Started by Rick Domeier in Hosts & Personalities, Among Friends, TSV Talk

Hey friends!  First off, a warning: If, for some reason, you do not  like the game of baseball, Do Not plan a vacation to Cooperstown, New York. On the other hand, if you happen to love 'America's pastime', or have a child or grandchild who loves it,  then by all means put Abner Doubleday's birthplace, Cooperstown, on your list of 'must see' destinations. It's a quaint little town, filled with nice shops and wonderful places to visit, including yes, the famous Baseball Hall of Fame. It eats, drinks, and sleeps baseball. It's a destination  our family will never forget. And... Continue Reading

views
replies

Tour Guide By Day, Captain Midnight By Night

Started by Rick Domeier in Hosts & Personalities, Among Friends 1406747187.247

Today’s job: Tour Guide! While many of us are used to the non-stop, 24-7  world of QVC, it’s always great to open our doors to someone who’s never seen it before. Karen Rodgers from a popular  Show called “FYI-Philly” dropped by to join in the fun, even presenting a product with Jill Bauer QVC.  Hey , if this day job doesn’t work out… ‘Step right this way! Single file please…   Continue Reading

views
replies

What It Means To Be "Dad"

Last Reply by G Annie 1403749001.13 | Started by Rick Domeier in The Q We Love, Hosts & Personalities, Among Friends

Parenting. As anyone with kids knows, it’s a challenge for those who work a “normal” 9-to-5-type schedule. When it comes to my schedule there is no such thing as a typical day. My schedule is ever changing and the hours are often very odd, and then you through in the TONS of tournaments, practices, and games that my sons Nick, 15, and Josh, 13, are involved with. For example – this summer Josh is playing on FOUR baseball teams, while Nick is on THREE basketball teams, and sometimes it feels like we have no idea how we will juggle all of it. Somehow, some way my wife ... Continue Reading

views
replies

Vacation 2014 -- Paradise Found

Last Reply by Cocoa Expo 1399438756.847 | Started by Rick Domeier in The Q We Love, Hosts & Personalities, Among Friends

Vacation!! After a long, long (OK, reeeeally long) winter, the word vacation is beautiful music to our ears. Are you looking forward to it?!! While many families look forward to the tradition of returning to a lake or a beach each year, when it comes to vacation habits of our family…variety is the spice of life. From the natural beauty of Vermont, to the lakes of Minnesota, to sipping wine in the hills of Tuscany, exploring new destinations has become our own tradition. Amy and I in Jamaica.    Exploring Italy last September was a once in a lifetime journey for my wi... Continue Reading

views
replies

What’s It Really Like To Work At QVC???

Started by Rick Domeier in Hosts & Personalities 1394832389.357

Whenever I meet people who watch QVC, they’ll often ask “What’s it really like to work here look there?” They’ll ask questions like “It looks like you guys are having a blast. Is it really that much fun?” After recalling fond memories like Broadcasting from the Oktoberfest in Munich Germany, climbing the Great Wall of China, and doing a promo with one and only Joan Rivers, my immediate response is… “Yes, it really is that much fun!!”   And just when you think it can’t get any better, who decides to pay a visit to our QVC... Continue Reading

views
replies

Heather's 5 Tips To Motivate Change And A Healthy Lifestyle

Started by Rick Domeier in Health & Fitness, Hosts & Personalities, Among Friends 1390858984.247

As many of you may already know, it's "Let's Get Physical" month on Anything Goes! Staying fit and maintaining a healthy lifestyle is something I find very important and I'm not alone on that! In fact, one of my co-workers here at QVC underwent an amazing journey to achieve self-wellness and physical fitness. Below is Heather's story that I think you will find motivating and inspiring -- I know I did!    They say, “when you feel like quitting, remember why you started.” And sometimes just finding your ‘start’ button can be the hardest part. First, let me st... Continue Reading

views
replies

Page 1 of 7
1 2 3 4 ...7Next