Better Than Black Friday
14 Members and 14229 Guests Online

Doctor James's Activity

Remove "But" from your Vocabulary

Last Reply by sirzune 1333721128.91 | Started by Doctor James in Health & Fitness

Today, you'll have many opportunities to choose vitality, well-being, and personal greatness! One sure-fire way to experience the life that you desire is to reduce the size of your "buts." I'm not referring to your posterior sides…I'm talking about the "buts" that often get in the way of choosing greatness each and every day. We use these "buts" when we say, "I'd like to get out and walk today, but…" or, "I know I'd feel better if I choose the salad over the pizza, but…" You get the picture. Next time you're in the midst of making a choice on behalf of your well-being... Continue Reading

views
replies

Attention Chocolate Lovers…

Last Reply by polarblast 1311755114.96 | Started by Doctor James in Health & Fitness, Hosts & Personalities

All in favor of chocolate say, “I”! Anyone opposed? February is American Heart Month. Every day, my wife, two daughters, and I take Omega-3 fish oils. Sometimes my kids aren’t thrilled, but they know I’m not going to stop setting them out next to their breakfasts. If you were visiting my house, chances are you would find fish oils served alongside your meal, too. One thing I don’t get any pushback from is when I provide a delicious 1-oz. serving of dark chocolate. Researchers from Harvard Medical School shared that women who ate up to three 1-oz. servings of dark ... Continue Reading

views
replies

Checkup from the Neck Up

Started by Doctor James in Health & Fitness, Hosts & Personalities 1296843667.503

My goodness, can you believe it’s February already? How are your 2011 health and wellness resolutions going so far? This is the time when I like to do a "checkup from the neck up” and see what I need to do to keep my inspiration and motivation moving forward. One powerful thing that helps me to feel re-energized is the "whole goal" exercise. It’s simply a way of bringing more heart into your goals. Here's how you do it. Whether it’s a weight-loss goal, lowering your cholesterol, or getting back into a daily exercise session, choose to not only set the goal for the weigh... Continue Reading

views
replies

What Makes You Happy?

Started by Doctor James in Health & Fitness 1296483817.867

What makes you happy, brings you peace, and makes you feel most alive? For me, it’s my family. I enjoy tucking my kids in at night, asking them what they loved most about their day, and having time with my wife just after the kids go to school. We take a few minutes just to be together and to appreciate one another. I also love being of service, sharing my gifts and passion for well-being, and cheering people on along their journeys toward greater health and wellness. It’s important to know what turns you on and makes you feel happy. Once you know what those things are, gift them t... Continue Reading

views
replies

Live Your Life to the Fullest

Last Reply by SheTiki 1298018983.427 | Started by Doctor James in Health & Fitness, Hosts & Personalities

Happy New Year! I trust that you’re excited, inspired, and fully engaged in making 2011 your best year yet! Hopefully your holidays were peaceful, inspiring, and rejuvenating for you and your loved ones. Our Colorado Christmas was lovely with snow and family. Games, good food, afternoon naps, and sledding with our kids and dogs made for warmth inside and out. We’re so very blessed. As you launch into 2011, let's all make a commitment to living and expressing ourselves better than ever before. You’re creative, powerful, and ready to live like you mean it! Please cons... Continue Reading

views
replies

Happier Holidays

Last Reply by qvcer999 1293744018.827 | Started by Doctor James in Health & Fitness, Hosts & Personalities

This weekend, I had a wonderful time making Mindful Morsel cookies from my Colorado Fit Kitchen cookbook (F01059) with my daughters Elli and Dakota. We had Christmas music playing, decorative reindeer antlers on our basset hound, and warm apple cider with fresh cinnamon on the stove. I love cooking with dark chocolate chips, and I just read some inspiring delicious things about its health and beauty benefits. Seriously, when we're here in the season of sweets, let's go for the greatest we can be and use dark chocolate whenever our recipes call for chocolate. That way, we can feel bett... Continue Reading

views
replies

Take Care This Winter

Started by Doctor James in Health & Fitness, Hosts & Personalities 1292260949.693

During the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas, it can be all too easy to let our self-care slide into "maybe I will fit me in" time. We are all really busy with taking care of our worlds: house, kids, work, family, spouse, and other good stuff. It’s really easy to put off self-care until the New Year — after all, that is the time when all of us do it, right?! Today, I am calling you, me, and all of us to a revolution — a sort of evolution from within. Here's how it can go and what it can look like.Upon waking, ask yourself, "What habit am I willing to ... Continue Reading

views
replies

Thanksgiving Reflection

Started by Doctor James in Health & Fitness 1291747604.39

I just read this wonderful quote by Epictetus: “The key is to keep company with those who uplift you, whose presence calls forth your best.” I was reflecting on this past Thanksgiving and savoring the memory of my mom who flew in from Vermont to Colorado to be with us, and my dad who passed away 5 years ago from cancer. I experienced a mix of joy, gratitude, sadness, and peace. As I watched my children soak up their grandmother, I found myself drinking in the present moment memory playing out before my eyes and thinking, “This is the good stuff of life.” T... Continue Reading

views
replies

Happy, Healthy Thanksgiving!

Last Reply by ROMARY 1290735955.95 | Started by Doctor James in Kitchen & Food Talk, Health & Fitness, Hosts & Personalities

Hello dear friends and co-creators of well-being and growing good, I love this time of the year! We have been scheming about our menu and plan on doing a few things from our Colorado Fit Kitchen cookbook (F01059), like our awesome pumpkin pie and cinnamon rolls — wellness never tasted so good! Our kids are looking forward to my mom visiting from Vermont. That means endless games of Rummikub and 3-card games. Life is sweet when slow. Thanksgiving is my all-time favorite holiday. I love that the focus is on gratitude, family, and yes, food! Lately, I've been doing a lot of thinking and r... Continue Reading

views
replies

Positive Thinking About Mind Health

Last Reply by ROMARY 1290094216.217 | Started by Doctor James in Health & Fitness, Hosts & Personalities

I’ve been thinking a lot about the health of the mind. My grandfather passed last summer in his 90s, and his mind was sharp and fully engaged when he made his peaceful transition. He loved to share conversation. He loved to be alive and be a part of the world. His way of living and being was a positive model for me, and it taught me how to express life and be alive. I love to research mind health and learn what makes for healthy aging of our minds. It’s truly a blessing to have your wits and wellness about you. I bet you’re like me and you’re not about to sit back and ... Continue Reading

views
replies

Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 Next