A Day of Vicenza Style(R)
134 Members and 11707 Guests Online

Carolyn Pollack Blog

Back to Pennsylvania with Blisters Healing!

Started by Carolyn Pollack in Jewelry Talk, Hosts & Personalities 1411156433.48

A week ago, Nancy Hornback and I spent an amazing weekend together, walking 60 miles over 3 days for breast cancer.  We walked ALL over Philadelphia, through beautiful neighborhoods where schoolchildren came out to cheer us on, to the historic sights of downtown, and ending at the majestic Navy Yard.  The official cheering stations, as well as the countless signs and decorations on private homes and businesses, often brought tears to my eyes.  We met so many wonderful people along the way.  I am proud to say this was my 8th walk; however, that is nothing compared to Jim fro... Continue Reading

views
replies

Back to Pennsylvania for Apatite, Charoite, and then the Fight!

Last Reply by NB Cherry 1410282205.203 | Started by Carolyn Pollack in Jewelry Talk, Hosts & Personalities, Carolyn Pollack

Hi Everyone, This is a very big week for me.  I am so excited to be heading back to QVC this weekend for two shows on September 7.  I’ll be with Jennifer at 4:00am and Antonella at 4:00pm, what fun! While we have all been crazy for Sleeping Beauty Turquoise this year, I am thrilled to celebrate some other luscious, magical gems on this visit.  Back in February, at the Tucson Gem and Mineral Show, I discovered the availability of the most awesome quality Charoite and Apatite, two gems I have always loved, but cannot always have!  I also fell in love with a new stone c... Continue Reading

views
replies

X + Sleeping Beauty= Perfect!

Last Reply by Raggedygirl 1410527781.523 | Started by Carolyn Pollack in Jewelry Talk, Hosts & Personalities, Carolyn Pollack

I have always been of the belief that too much open work on the top of a ring is not very attractive. Well, I sure changed my mind when I tried on a few of this year’s HOT “X” rings at the JCK Show in Las Vegas. There is something so feminine yet powerful, and a little edgy in this silhouette.  Maybe it’s the way this motif allows us to wear a knuckle to knuckle ring without it feeling heavy or uncomfortable.  After nearly 40 years in jewelry, Bill is so excited about this new ring silhouette that he has been wearing our prototype to lunch every day to get in... Continue Reading

views
replies

It’s time to get BeautiFall!!

Started by Carolyn Pollack in Jewelry Talk, Hosts & Personalities, Carolyn Pollack 1409158041.27

I am so honored to be a part of QVC’s Designer Jewelry Gallery!  I always look forward to catching up with the amazingly talented jewelry designers at QVC - It’s like a class reunion!  It’s been a while since we’ve spent time together on a Carolyn Pollack show, and I am so excited to introduce over a dozen new items that are especially perfect for fall, my favorite season.  When it comes to fall fashion, we often think of earth tones, burgundies, greens, and navy blue.  But the fashion palette this year includes colors that allow us to express oursel... Continue Reading

views
replies

Twenty Years of 4th of July memories!

Last Reply by gramapapa8 1408741749.613 | Started by Carolyn Pollack in Jewelry Talk, Hosts & Personalities, Carolyn Pollack

It’s hard to believe, but on a beautiful Fourth of July weekend in 1994, Bill and I said “I do” in the presence of our families at the Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island.  Everything was perfect, just as I had imagined, and that’s really all I could do is imagine given that I had never been there and this was pre-internet!  All I could do was refer to the brochure, trust my wedding contact at the hotel, and pray for good weather!  In a way, I think that made the experience more magical for me.  I didn't know until I walked through the door what the hotel... Continue Reading

views
replies

Happy Summer!!

Last Reply by Texussgal 1405499430.163 | Started by Carolyn Pollack in Jewelry Talk, Hosts & Personalities, Carolyn Pollack

As we reach the official start of summer, I can’t think of a better way to celebrate than with you on QVC!  I’m reviewing the product line-up today, which always gets me pumped up!!!  I’ve been busy designing for February 2015, so it is exciting to reconnect with my June designs. I had forgotten how fun, fresh, and colorful these pieces are!  It wouldn’t be summer without Sleeping Beauty turquoise, and there are some very special new pieces coming up. And for all of those summer special occasions, there’s a collection with a fresh take on pearls.&n... Continue Reading

views
replies

Summer Fun - American West Style!

Started by Carolyn Pollack in Jewelry Talk, Hosts & Personalities 1400516846.123

Looking forward to some Summer fun?  I know that I am!  Even though Summer may not literally mean the same freedom from schedules, alarm clocks, dress codes, and curfews that it did when we were kids, there is still something freeing about this season!  The freedom to dress a little more casually, or maybe even a little more girly.  The encouragement to show a little more skin, the necessity of a pedicure much more frequently, and the justification to buy that adorable SPF 50 floppy hat in the resort gift shop! Summer for many of us brings back memories of family gathering... Continue Reading

views
replies

Easter: A Time of Rebirth, New Beginnings, and Hope

Started by Carolyn Pollack in Jewelry Talk, Hosts & Personalities, Carolyn Pollack 1397681849.377

Happy Easter! Easter is very special to me.  It is a time of rebirth, new beginnings and hope. It was my Grandma Dooley’s favorite holiday. My Grandma lived for her family, and treasured her “ladies” as she called the many women who were welcome to walk right through her unlocked door with their sewing needs.  My Grandma was a gifted seamstress, and this is how she made her “pin” money, as my mom calls spending money.  On Easter, this money went to buy all 18 grandchildren a special box of candies from the Fanny Farmer store at the mall.  This... Continue Reading

views
replies

Sleeping Beauty Turquoise and More New Designs!

Last Reply by Junbug19 1400610277.96 | Started by Carolyn Pollack in Jewelry Talk, Hosts & Personalities, Carolyn Pollack

American West Jewelry is back in a big way!  It’s been so long since we saw you last on QVC, and we’ve been hard at work making this event extra special. Tune in to QVC on Monday, March 24th from 1 - 3 pm ET and on Thursday, March 27th from 5 - 7 am ET and again from 7 - 9 pm ET to see our newest collection of bold American styles. Now that it’s officially the Spring season, we want to celebrate color and the return of sunny days and blue skies.  For us that means Sleeping Beauty turquoise!  Among the finest quality turquoise in the world, Sleeping B... Continue Reading

views
replies

A Celebration of Color with My Today’s Special Value!

Last Reply by cookie44 1395979316.19 | Started by Carolyn Pollack in Hosts & Personalities, Carolyn Pollack, TSV Talk

I am so excited about my Today’s Special Value!!!  I just finished pulling the clothes that our lovely models will wear throughout the day.  It was a blast playing with all of the colors in the closet.  From neutrals, to pastels and brights, this bracelet is always right!   The three gemstone choices are each set with a faceted quartz on top, which creates a gorgeous luminosity! The sea foam beauty of the turquoise accents all of the colors you would see under the sea!  I love it with browns as well. Of course the mother of pearl choice is always perfect,... Continue Reading

views
replies

Page 1 of 12
1 2 3 4 ...12Next