Dooney & Bourke
41 Members and 18092 Guests Online

QVC Host Shawn Killinger

Joe & Shawn Take Christmas Manhattan by Storm!

Last Reply by FRIDA 1419143858.72 | Started by Shawn Killinger in Beauty Banter, The Q We Love, Hosts & Personalities

We just arrived in NYC. Joe got me Andrea Bocelli tickets at Madison Square Garden, for my bday. Arrived little early for some shopping and sightseeing. So far, this is our only view ... ...sitting in cab, stuck in traffic heading to hotel.  Harrowing. Gives me panic attack to think of emergency responders navigating through this.  First order of biz - lunch at an old favorite haunt when I worked down street at CBS News - Rue 57. Selfie was in order... Next up, stroll down 5th avenue. We stop into stunning Episcopal church. Amazing how calming and peaceful churches are, esp... Continue Reading

views
replies

Christmas Decorations 2014

Last Reply by annabellethecat 1419039482.367 | Started by Shawn Killinger in Beauty Banter, The Q We Love, Hosts & Personalities

Several of u kindly asked to see our Christmas decorations, so here goes .... Getting our first ever live tree (joe looks less excited bc he's the one who had to tie it to the car. : )    Love my twig reindeer. Sometimes I glance thru the kitchen window too quickly and actually think real deer have ambled up to my doorstep (which has happened!)   Our hearth. Christmas tree is already dying bc we burn a Mac daddy fire nearly every night. That white stocking is one my aunt knitted me in 1972. And how abt those cool marquee letters from E.D. On air by Ellen degeneres?! I o... Continue Reading

views
replies

Birthday Blog

Last Reply by Mayannie 1416698932.857 | Started by Shawn Killinger in The Q We Love, Hosts & Personalities, All About Accessories

November has always been a special month for me. Not because it’s my birthday, just because I love Fall and the lead up to Thanksgiving and Christmas, and the autumn months always feel like “old soul” months, which I am, for sure…an old soul. If you missed my birthday snapshots on FB, thought I’d post here and share some more deets. For starters, I turned 42 on November 2nd…but on November 1st, this gorgeous arrangement showed up at my doorstep from Mom and Dad. (Mom has such impeccable taste and she likes to do ‘sending flowers’ a little dif... Continue Reading

views
replies

Lisa Robertson and me...........

Last Reply by vietwifey 1416421464.22 | Started by Shawn Killinger in Beauty Banter, Fashion Talk, Hosts & Personalities

I came to QVC back in 2007. Truth told, I had never watched QVC before I applied for the job. I had been an Anchor/Reporter in local news for about 15yrs prior, had left the news desk to appear on reality TV in NBC’s The Apprentice Martha Stewart, got canned by Martha about 3 episodes in, moved to Chicago for a quick stint in Advertising and producing commercials…and one day realized, I couldn’t breathe without live TV and I desperately missed a camera with a red light on top. And there upon I stumbled on a job posting for QVC hosts. I sent a tape. 24hours later I got a call... Continue Reading

views
replies

I heard ur Souls speak and i thank u!!

Last Reply by Navy Corpsman Mom 1418345492.44 | Started by Shawn Killinger in Jewelry Talk, The Q We Love, Hosts & Personalities

hi lovelies .... last week i invited u to share ur pics and stories abt what ur "hear my soul speak" jewelry means to u! i believe ur soul is the most unique part of you, and it has a story to tell. It should never be silenced, and you should never give up!  i hv always said we are in this life together n we should lift each other up whenever we can. so below r the stories that were shared with me on my FB page and now i'm sharing them with all of u.  Be kind to one another ....... always! X   Alix shared her soul: "Wear my ring daily when I leave the house.... Continue Reading

views
replies

"On Tour" with Shawn Killinger - Our Kitchen

Last Reply by grandma03 1417226616.827 | Started by Shawn Killinger in Kitchen & Food Talk, The Q We Love, Hosts & Personalities

That island we are having tipped out and redone in rustic pine.    that is a wooden angel hanging from my oven range hood. It's a Christmas ornament mom sent me that I couldn't bare to pack away. I need gods intervention and anointing when I cook so seemed fitting    The Wooden bull above the cabinet is from my childhood kitchen in Mexico City Mexico      Joes contribution to the kitchen is two fold: he washes the dishes, and he hangs his baseball hats from the cabinets. Guess which I appreciate more? ;)    thi... Continue Reading

views
replies

"On Tour" with Shawn Killinger

Last Reply by Beckron 1412881418.81 | Started by Shawn Killinger in The Q We Love, Hosts & Personalities, All About Accessories

Our living room was the first room I decorated. Got that couch at restoration hardware outlet. That armoire came from a little store in Orlando when I was a news anchor there. And I love the black walls, ralph (as in lauren) inspired me. but one tip: You need a lot of light, and some white, to make a black room work. Carpet, couch, molding.      My brother, sister in law, and the kids moved to Paris this summer. So I did a Paris bedroom. Most of those prints came from home goods and steinmart. and the Eiffel Tower I painted. OH! I was going for Parisian B&B. does it w... Continue Reading

views
replies

Shawn's Dining Room Tour

Last Reply by sym2 1415201178.35 | Started by Shawn Killinger in Kitchen & Food Talk, The Q We Love, Hosts & Personalities

my recent time off gave me time to cocoon, heal. There were days I didn't lv the house bc it brought me safety, simplicity. My home has always been Where I go for comfort. Shhh don't Tell anybody, I'm secretly a homebody-introvert. :) Joe and I moved over the summer so little by little rooms are coming together. And yes I know I over decorate. Joe jokes my style is best described as, "no wall space showing" with a dose of, "hang something everywhere". If done right, I do love clutter. Makes me feel safe. :) here is a peek into our dining room. I will share more pics of the rest of our home a... Continue Reading

views
replies

Heartfelt Thanks from Shawn Killinger and Joe

Last Reply by GinaJules 1416351292.353 | Started by Shawn Killinger in Beauty Banter, The Q We Love, Hosts & Personalities

My friends, Joe and I cannot thank u enuff for ur stories of hope, love and overwhelming support. I can't stop reading them. They hv brought me to countless tears. I am saving them all, to re-read, in my darker hours, when I need lifting. We are grateful beyond words. You will never know how much. Right now, hope is what we cling to and you have given us that, and more. God bless you! Ur similar stories of loss make me writhe in sorrow for u too....and the victories u found after, r helping us to breathe. Shawn and Joe x   Continue Reading

views
replies

Shawn Killinger - A Personal Story

Last Reply by Mandy12 1417623492.09 | Started by Shawn Killinger in Beauty Banter, Fashion Talk, Hosts & Personalities

My dear friends, I have always shared ‘my everything’ with you, always been humorously over-honest, unapologetically the over-sharer. I’ve always wanted to keep things real between us, because otherwise what’s the point? I’ve been slow to do that with something recently, something very painful and private, something I wanted to keep to myself to keep it protected, and untouched by public consumption. But my need for privacy is causing worry, speculation, uncertainty, and in a few isolated cases, fueling some rumors. My heart doesn’t have the energy for tha... Continue Reading

views
replies

Page 1 of 16
1 2 3 4 ...16Next