19 Members and 17759 Guests Online

QVC Host Jane Treacy

My Friend Laura!!

Started by Jane Treacy in Hosts & Personalities, Laura Geller 1428508424.4

I felt like Laura Geller was  my friend even before I met her.  My Dad got a magazine that profiled celebrities and their style evolution.  The article also commented on their makeup by expert artist Laura Geller.  I looked forward to reading it every month, not knowing someday I would be lucky enough to call her my friend! "Just Sayin'," (one of Laura's favorite expressions), she is as funny and warm and fun to be around off the air as she is on the air. There is always a moment when we are on air together, when I am listening to her, that I forget that I a... Continue Reading

views
replies

The Saga of the Easter Cookies!

Last Reply by Geria 1428474088.433 | Started by Jane Treacy in Hosts & Personalities, Cookie Exchange

Every Easter we make what we call "Easter Cookies." They are an old family recipe of my Dad's, and it wouldn't be Easter in our family without them.  My Dad was an incredible fellow, passionate, brilliant, and a born leader.  So when he discovered a similar recipe on a cook show on PBS, he called a family bake off, and here's how it went... When my parents were married, my Irish Mom wanted to learn the Italian recipes from my Father's family. But the recipes weren't written down, so what she got was not very detailed! But being a nutritionist, my Mom experim... Continue Reading

views
replies

My Best Gift

Last Reply by sannpal 1428369378.667 | Started by Jane Treacy in Jewelry Talk, Hosts & Personalities

My Mom was my best friend.  We shopped, we talked, we traveled, we bonded over tea every night, and words can't describe how close we were! When she passed away she left me her engagement ring. I always wear it when I need some extra inspiration. Once I couldn't find it for weeks and I was afraid to tell anyone. I emptied the drawer next to my bed looking for the ring, but it wasn't there. Days later I had to go to a funeral and was so sad I couldn't find her ring.  I opened my drawer and sitting on a pair of socks like in a display was her ring! Felt like she sent it to me. It's my ... Continue Reading

views
replies

Best Irish Party Around!

Last Reply by lOVETOSHOP 1426990397.19 | Started by Jane Treacy in Fashion Talk, Hosts & Personalities, TSV Talk

Our 26th annual St. Patrick's Day celebration was the best Irish party around! We were lucky to have a studio audience, dressed in forty shades of green, to help us celebrate.  The "pipes were calling" as Katie our talented QVC production expert entertained us on the bagpipes. We laughed, we enjoyed stories, and we highlighted the beautiful products made in Ireland. I remember our first Irish show so well, and feel blessed I can continue to celebrate with our Irish guests who have become my dearest friends!  Here is a scrapbook of memories from the day:   ... Continue Reading

views
replies

The Evolution of the Irish TSV!!

Last Reply by irish grn 1426974081.367 | Started by Jane Treacy in Fashion Talk, Jewelry Talk, TSV Talk

Many months ago Siobain, our buyer, called me into her office to look at the potential Today Special Value sweaters for St. Patrick's Day, 2015.  The candidate at that time was a lovely Aran Craft cape.  We all thought it was, and is, a beautiful item. But we started brainstorming about spring, the need for a fashionable sweater in the months of changing weather, and how many of you may be looking for a gorgeous new sweater design as a TSV.  So, we called in John Cullen, our Aran Crafts designer from Ireland, and asked him what he thought.  Of course he was filled w... Continue Reading

views
replies

Irish Ambassador Award

Last Reply by aroc34 1426258880.47 | Started by Jane Treacy in Fashion Talk, Jewelry Talk, Hosts & Personalities

QVC received a great honor, the Irish Ambassador Award from Ambassador Anne Anderson, the first woman Ambassador to the United States from Ireland. I was asked to accept the award on behalf of QVC, and when I spoke I dedicated the award to you, our passionate Irish customers! The way we received the award is a wonderful story. One of the Board members from Philadelphia traveled to Ireland with her daughter last summer.  They went to a demonstration of Irish pottery and met the artist. They were surprised to hear he came to West Chester to present his items on QVC. Yes, he was ... Continue Reading

views
replies

Irish Kerry Cake

Started by Jane Treacy in Kitchen & Food Talk, Hosts & Personalities, Mom to Mom Blogs 1425917658.947

This is a version of my Mom’s "Kerry Cake." Perfect for breakfast or coffee break! 1 tsp. cinnamon 1 ½ cups self rising flour    ¾ cup butter softened ¾ cup sugar 3 eggs ¼ cup whole milk 1 tsp. vanilla    2 apples (we use Granny Smith) peeled and thinly sliced 2 Tbsp. sugar mixed with 2 Tbsp. cinnamon, OR 4 Tbsp. cinnamon sugar already mixed (in spice aisle)   In first bowl, add 1 tsp. cinnamon to the flour and mix well. Set aside. In a separate bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy.  Add eggs, milk and vanilla... Continue Reading

views
replies

One Hundred Thousand Welcomes!

Last Reply by Rosie6583 1428627489.623 | Started by Jane Treacy in Hosts & Personalities, All About Shoes, Mom to Mom Blogs

The Irish welcome you with open arms! I've treasured every trip to the Emerald Isle, but the most recent trip with my family in 2011 was one I will cherish forever. Deirdre had never been to Ireland, and Cara was two years old on her only trip.  So, in the spring of 2011, we decided to take a family trip the week before Easter.  I know my Mom and Sean's parents were working on the weather, because we had glorious warm sunny days, and hardly any rain!  On our bucket list were; returning to Dromoland Castle, staying at Adare Manor - the sight of our live remote from Ireland, ... Continue Reading

views
replies

Walk With Me!!

Last Reply by NINA THE GREAT 1424958231.59 | Started by Jane Treacy in Fashion Talk, Hosts & Personalities, All About Shoes

The biggest trend in fashion this year is casual, athletic inspiration. Even designers who focused solely on dressy styles are adding the active look to their collections.  When it comes to shoes, the brand who has been doing athletic footwear for years, designed by women for women, is Ryka. I've always loved wearing Ryka. Since so many of us are also sporting Fitbit and getting our steps in, I thought I'd share some of my favorite walks:   Philadelphia: From the Ben Franklin Parkway with the iconic Love statue, to Penn's landing. Walkin... Continue Reading

views
replies

Fresh from the Tucson Fair!

Last Reply by poster 1424526856.1 | Started by Jane Treacy in Fashion Talk, Jewelry Talk, Hosts & Personalities

The place to be to find the hottest gems is the Tuscon Gem Show. Peyton and our buyer Jenn just got back and found some amazing gems for the Gala this friday night! Enjoy! Jane We use the term “Fresh from the Fair” at QVC to showcase items our merchants find while walking one of the International Jewelry Fairs.  David Markstein, for instance, travels to the Vicenza Jewelry Show every year and brings back single samples of the new, exciting, fresh styles he finds.  Jen, the Gemstone Buyer, and I just returned from the Tucson Gem Show, and while walking the show we found m... Continue Reading

views
replies

Page 1 of 21
1 2 3 4 ...21Next