TSV(R) Preview
89 Members and 16522 Guests Online

Peyton Kelley's Jewelry Blog

Gem Day! And please vote - we want to hear from you!

Last Reply by Peyton Kelley 1408057355.21 | Started by Peyton Kelley in Jewelry Talk, Hosts & Personalities

Gem Day has finally arrived and let me tell you, the array of gemstones is incredible!  From Kunzite, to Fire Opal, Baltic Amber, Pink Tourmaline, Sleeping Beauty Turquoise, Alexandrite, and beyond, it’s going to be an incredible journey through some of the greatest gemstone mines around the world. Exceptional brilliance and sparkle, a rainbow of colors, and fine craftsmanship come together as our spectacular Gemstone Cuff TSV.  Only QVC can offer you Master Cut™ gemstone jewelry, precision cut and distinctly faceted gemstones based on superior cutting and polishin... Continue Reading

views
replies

Las Vegas

Last Reply by Peyton Kelley 1408058304.09 | Started by Peyton Kelley in Jewelry Talk, Hosts & Personalities

Every year I dread and look forward to the Las Vegas Jewelry Show.  I dread it because, even though Vegas is a fabulous place, it’s just not my cup of tea.  I don’t gamble or drink much but do enjoy the shows.  I did put $3 in a slot machine and won $ 0.04.   I look forward to the Show because it is the biggest and best jewelry show in America.  I always see fabulous jewelry and lots of old friends. This year was no exception.  The jewelry was dazzling and the old friends even older.  We always look for new trends or directions in jewelry... Continue Reading

views
replies

Gemstones, Birthdays, the Basel Jewelry Show, and Why My Waistline Keeps Expanding!

Last Reply by Peyton Kelley 1403811061.77 | Started by Peyton Kelley in Jewelry Talk, Hosts & Personalities

Sorry that I haven’t been in better touch but it has been a hectic few months.  We were having a terrible blizzard here in Pennsylvania the day of January Gem Day and I had to leave the finale a little early.  A very nice guy from security was making one last run in the snow and offered to take me to my home.   I was leaving the next morning for vacation but because of the storm, was stuck at home for two days.  Finally, after a quick holiday, I headed to Vicenza for the Jewelry Fair, to see what new direction and colors were highlighted.   From there,... Continue Reading

views
replies

Gem Day!

Last Reply by Peyton Kelley 1392836980.773 | Started by Peyton Kelley in Jewelry Talk, TSV Talk

The breadth of gemstones on Gem Day is astonishing.  Every gemstone imaginable from milky Aqua to Amethyst to Garnet to Morganite and onward will be featured throughout the day.  We start the day with the spectacular and extremely limited Alexandrite TSV.   Alexandrite is one of the rarest gemstones in the world.  Discovered originally in Russia around the birthdate of Czar Alexander II and named in his honor, it is known for its magical phenomena of color change.  Called the “Stone of Passion” Alexandrite is a cool green color under normal lighting b... Continue Reading

views
replies

Diamonds

Last Reply by Peyton Kelley 1408627689.313 | Started by Peyton Kelley in Jewelry Talk, Affinity

Jennifer Coffey recently reached out to me about writing a blog on diamonds.  She asked me some great questions and I started thinking about my past and why diamonds were important to me.  They have played a major role in my business and personal life and I realized that I had never written a blog about my favorite gemstone. I was raised thinking I would follow in my father’s footsteps and become a doctor.  My handwriting is even bad enough to qualify.  During pre-med, I quickly realized it wasn’t what I truly wanted to do.  After many colorful and event... Continue Reading

views
replies

Generations...

Last Reply by Peyton Kelley 1384780721.927 | Started by Peyton Kelley in Jewelry Talk, Hosts & Personalities, Q News

This weekend I was in Louisiana helping my Mother clean out closets and storage in her home.  She moved into an apartment in a retirement community and wanted to start getting rid of as much clutter as possible.  There was one box with my name on it containing things such as my comic book collection from the early 60’s, miscellaneous rocks (I guess from my early interest in gems), newspaper clippings from various events, and a peace pipe (no clue where it came from).  In the bottom of the box I found a real treasure;   the ring mandrel that belonged to my Great G... Continue Reading

views
replies

There’s Sapphires in them there Hills!

Last Reply by Peyton Kelley 1379508784.107 | Started by Peyton Kelley in Jewelry Talk, Hosts & Personalities

There’s Sapphires in them there Hills! Fifteen years ago I started working on a new program for QVC featuring Sapphires mined in Montana.  I loved the idea and was so excited about actually working with a precious gemstone mined in the USA.  The mine owner had come to QVC and made a presentation of the most beautiful blue and golden sapphires.  I flew to Montana with a QVC film crew and a host (Lisa Mason) and spent a glorious three days in Montana enjoying the great beauty of the state and discovering the area where Sapphires were mined. We were all so excited and cou... Continue Reading

views
replies

Destination Gems

Last Reply by Peyton Kelley 1376938642.757 | Started by Peyton Kelley in Jewelry Talk, Hosts & Personalities

Destination Gems I am so excited to be Antonella’s Social Media Host on Monday, August 19 from 1:00 pm-3:00 pm for Destination Gemstones.  The show has an amazing array of fabulous gemstones.  There are two new Black Spinel pieces that really sparkle.  J283843 is a pave Black Spinel bracelet with alternating high polish and pave.  The contrast between the shiny metal and the sparkle is fresh and timeless.  It even has a hidden box clasp for security. Some of my other favorites in the show include J266748, the beautiful Aquamarine 40 inch necklace and J284090, t... Continue Reading

views
replies

Exotic Gemstones

Last Reply by Peyton Kelley 1384780590.873 | Started by Peyton Kelley in Jewelry Talk, Hosts & Personalities

Pink Tourmaline from California, Tashmarine from the high mountains of central Asia and Smithsonite from the Kelly Mine in New Mexico.  These are just a few of the exotic gems to be found during the upcoming Destination Gemstone Celebration.  Please join me during the 8:00am show with Leah Williams and the ll:00am show with Mary Beth Roe on July 18th for an amazing collection of extreme exotic gemstones. Exotic gemstones are defined as limited and rare in the marketplace.  The finest blue zircon (J282582) I have ever seen with its intense brilliance and color saturation starts ... Continue Reading

views
replies

Have Questions about QVC's Jewelry Brands? Ask Them Here and Our Experts Will Answer!

Last Reply by bigbaglady 1408717917.84 | Started by Peyton Kelley in Jewelry Talk, Diamonique, Vicenza Style

Bronzo Italia, Diamonique, Vicenza Style, and Ultrafine Silver, are among the premium collections that set QVC apart from any other retailer in the world.  Discover QVC Jewelry (on April 25th) will showcase some of the finest that QVC has to offer from classic to iconic, essentials to statements pieces, there will be the latest looks in gold, sterling silver, and bronze.  There will be so many fine brands throughout the day that I thought you may have questions about some of the details on each. The jewelry experts (QVC jewelry buyers and I) would love to chat with you on Thursday, ... Continue Reading

views
replies

Page 1 of 16
1 2 3 4 ...16Next