Best of Black Friday
19 Members and 15828 Guests Online

NFL Notes with Dan Wheeler

NFL: Thanksgiving Week

Started by Dan Wheeler - NFL in Sports, Hosts & Personalities 1353338593.057

The Atlanta Falcons hopes for a perfect season went down the drain last week when the New Orleans Saints defeated them 31-27 at the Super dome.  The Saints may have saved their season but the Atlanta Falcons are still very much in control of their destiny with an 8-1 record.  This week the Saints will face the Raiders and the Falcons take on the Arizona Cardinals. Andrew Luck and the Indianapolis Colts continue to overachieve.  Not only did Luck set the new single game record for most passing yards by a rookie quarterback with 433 on November 4th he is on par to set the season ... Continue Reading

views
replies

NFL Week 9: More Than a Game

Last Reply by Woodstock 1352739399.857 | Started by Dan Wheeler - NFL in Health & Fitness, Sports, Hosts & Personalities

WEEK 9      One of the most intriguing and inspiring stories of this NFL season is the Indianapolis Colts.  They were the doormat of the NFL last season, finishing with the worst record in the league, they changed coaches and quarterbacks.  Not many people expected much of them this season.  Early in this year, their head coach, Chuck Pagano, was diagnosed with leukemia and had to take an extended leave.  As of my writing this, the Colts are in second place in the AFC South division with a 5-3 record and are riding a three- game winning streak.  Qu... Continue Reading

views
replies

NFL - Week 8

Started by Dan Wheeler - NFL in Sports, Hosts & Personalities 1351880207.003

The city of Atlanta has been energized by their undefeated Falcons.  For the first time in franchise history the “dirty birds” stand alone as the only undefeated team in the NFL at 7-0.  What a tribute to the job Mike Smith and his staff have done.  Matt Ryan has turned into an elite quarterback who is surrounded by scoring weapons from Michael Turner to Roddy White to Tony Gonzalez.  They will entertain the Dallas Cowboys this week who would love to give the Falcons their first loss.  The ‘Boyz are hungry to prove that they a... Continue Reading

views
replies

NFL: Week 7

Started by Dan Wheeler - NFL in Health & Fitness, Sports, Hosts & Personalities 1351283176.9

The Atlanta Falcons stand alone as the only unbeaten team in the NFL after Week 7 of the 2012 season.  However, they need to be on upset alert as they put their perfect 6-0 record on the line against the Philadelphia Eagles this week in the “Battle of the Birds.” The Eagles offense can soar high on the wings of Michael Vick, LeSean McCoy and DeSean Jackson.  Of course, the Falcons have been flying high all season behind quarterback Matt Ryan and receivers Roddy White and Tony Gonzalez. The Houston Texans have the second best record in the league at 6-1.  After putti... Continue Reading

views
replies

The NFL Week 6 - One for the Books!

Started by Dan Wheeler - NFL in Sports, Hosts & Personalities 1350667263.597

In my opinion, this is one of the most exciting NFL seasons ever!  With week 6 in the books there is so much to talk about that I find my toughest job is to pick just a few highlights. First, I have to congratulate the Cleveland Browns organization for snapping an eleven-game losing streak against their “in-state” rivals the Bengals.  It’s tough to keep going and play your heart out week after week waiting for that first “w.”  Well, it finally came and hopefully it is the first of many. Many Green Bay fans have been wondering where their team from... Continue Reading

views
replies

NFL Week 5: Celebrating The Past and Future

Started by Dan Wheeler - NFL in Health & Fitness, Sports, Hosts & Personalities 1350318493.17

Week five of the NFL season brought us history and a glimpse into the future. Drew Brees passed his way past the late, great Johnny Unitas in the record books by throwing a touchdown pass to Devery Hendersen with two minutes and fifty-eight seconds to go in the first quarter against the San Diego Chargers.  That marked 48 consecutive games in which Mr. Brees has thrown a touchdown pass thereby setting a new record.  He threw two more touchdown passes in that game and led his Saints to their first victory of the season.  I was happy for Drew and the Saints (and relieved since I ... Continue Reading

views
replies

NFL Week 4: Anything Can Happen

Started by Dan Wheeler - NFL in Health & Fitness, Sports, Hosts & Personalities 1349468849.183

Four weeks of the NFL season are in the books and the big headline is: “Anything Can Happen on Any Given Week!”  The NFC East is a prime example of how tight the competition has become.  The Philadelphia Eagles lead the division with a record of 3-1.  Their three victories have come by a total of just four points!  The other three teams in the division have matching records at 2-2.      Another sign of parity in the NFL is the fact that only three teams remain undefeated.  The Houston Texans, Arizona Cardinals a... Continue Reading

views
replies

I KNOW YOU’RE READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!!

Last Reply by The Renee 1347424967.367 | Started by Dan Wheeler - NFL in Health & Fitness, Sports, Hosts & Personalities

That unmistakable hint of fall is in the air! For me that means one thing-FOOTBALL!  I love the game at all levels and at all times of the day.  There is nothing like the excitement I feel as I walk towards our local high school football stadium and hear the band playing the fight song on a Friday night.   I’m always in heaven when I can sit in front of my TV on a fall Saturday afternoon and watch my Michigan Wolverines (Please don’t bring up the Alabama game. Thank you!) And, of course, Sundays and Mondays were made for the NFL!  The 2012 season officiall... Continue Reading

views
replies

NFL Thanksgiving on QVC

Last Reply by circles 1322183545.693 | Started by Dan Wheeler - NFL in Sports, Hosts & Personalities, TSV Talk

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite days of the year! Gathering around the table with family and friends and being truly thankful for all of life’s blessings is a blessing, indeed. The turkey, cranberries, and pumpkin pie are hard to beat. Then, it’s time for...FOOTBALL! To go along with the football theme, QVC will be offering the perfect gift for the NFL fan on your list. Tune in Thursday at Midnight ET as we kick off the big day with our only NFL Today’s Special Value of the year. Our NFL Pro Line team fleck hoodie is the warmest, most comfortable hood... Continue Reading

views
replies

Week 8 of the NFL

Last Reply by CaroleK71 1320354463.98 | Started by Dan Wheeler - NFL in Sports, Hosts & Personalities

Hey, NFL fans! The season is in high gear and each game becomes increasingly important as we move into the second half. One of the biggest games this weekend will be Detroit at Denver. Lions’ fans are hoping that quarterback Matthew Stafford will be good to go following an injury he suffered late in the game last Sunday against the Falcons. In the NFC East, we have a huge rivalry game as the Philadelphia Eagles host the Dallas Cowboys. The Eagles are trying to fly again and extend their one-game winning streak, while the Cowboys would love to take it to the Birds in their own ... Continue Reading

views
replies

Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 Next